DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Work Email will not sync...

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Exclamation Work Email will not sync...

Ok so here is the deal, someone please help!!! I got the new Droid X the other day and I am having problems getting it to sync to my work email account. Though my other email accounts are working fine, I have an EarthLink account and a hotmail account and they both work pretty good on the Droid X. I did set up a Gmail account once I got the phone because it seems like it is a requirement...Ugg
    But the real issue is my work email will not sync. It will not sync on any Droid X since at the Verizon store we tried 2 others and tech support was unable to get it to work. But here is the real kicker, my work email will sync to the original Droid, it will sync up with the Droid incredible and it will sync up with the Sprint EVO (That runs the same software) so why am I having problems with the Droid X? Has anyone else run into this issue? Touchdown didnít work either since my work email is not really an exchange or I donít know it if is I am not that technical in that aspect. I just donít understand why I cannot get it to work. What is different about the email software on the Droid X????? very frustratingÖ Any help would be great and if you need any other information please let me know and I can supply that.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    to the Forum.

I haven't a clue for you, but I thought I'd let you know people are looking at your post. I totally agree, if you had it set up to work on both the Droid and the Incredible then why not the X?

BTW, you're not one of these people who have to have the latest phone when it comes out are you? Seems like you've had the big 3.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Hook,

I havent owned all 3 phones I was just able to get my email to work on the display models in the Verizon store. Though i would much rather have an Iphone but my company has a Verizon account and I haven't had a cell phone bill in over 5 years so that is a good trade off. It's just wierd I can get my email to work on the other models just not the Droid X...
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Same problem with OWA and POP3 sync

I get all my email from my work exchange and my personal pop3 account and it sends email and updates my calendar just fine.

But, delete emails from the droid or direct through the mail client (Outlook / Web) and they do not sync with the driod x. The emails just sit on each system so I delete twice everything.

I have tried Data push on/off and sync with Wifi only to see if there is any difference and nothing.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Have you tried K9?

and ranman, use k9 and set checkbox to delete from server when i delete
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DroidX & OG Droid
    I had to have the tech guy that runs all the servers at my job to setup my email.. it wouldn't sync at all the way I was trying to set it up. I really think that he had to change something server related.. but just a shot in the dark, got a tech support guy at your job that sets up the email pop servers and such? maybe he might have a clue. odd though how you said all those other phones have no problem getting on..
    -Smokie
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    If the email works on the display models then it will work on the X.
    There is something you are not entering correctly.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Are you using IMAP setup?

Hello! I was running into similar issues where my entire inbox was downloading (since its inception 5 years ago). I realized that I set my email up using POP and not IMAP. I deleted my account off of my Droid X and re-set up the account using IMAP and now I'm only receiving current and synced emails.

Links