DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WiFi woes

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X

Same WiFi Problem

I to am having the same problem as the original poster. I have DSL with wireless N in my home. My laptop has excellent reception but my Droid Xis terrible. I now just turn the WiFi off it seems easier that way. I love the phone other then that so I hope motorola resolves the problem.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by 07aspenx View Post
    I too am having problems with my droid x connecting through wireless N mode. I'm using a Dlink DIR 655 router. I can connect when I toggle the wifi on, but it will disconnect a few seconds later. I've tested on G mode and it works fine with no issue whatsoever. I thought that the update would fix the issue, but it didn't.
    had the same problem, thought it may have been from having 2 WIFI networks, but sure enough changing my dir655 to b&g only kept a solid connection.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    TweetOfJohnboy
    Phone
    TBolt w/Das BAMF Forever Cubed
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfilet View Post
    I don't think so. Remember I have no problems with my ipad, iphone, computer, playstation, apple tv.
    Not trying to be a pain here, but not one of those devices you mentioned operates on the same platform as the Droid X. While I was at my parent's house, I connected my (at the time) Blackberry to their Linksys a/b/g router with no issues. My Aunt and cousin tried connecting with thier iPod touches and had issues.

I'm curious to know what you have your router configured with... I noticed very similar issues connecting my PS3 via WiFi on a Linksys Wireless N router... When I "degraded" the Router to B/G only, my PS3 no longer had issues.

Since then, I got FiOS which comes with a free G router. Set it up with WPA and moved the PS3 to a wired connectin (more stable for gaming). None of my wireless devices (Droid X, Microsoft Zune, Wireless Bridge for my DVD player, and even tested an iPad, YUCK!) have had issues connecting to the WiFi in my house.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X

Wireless N the problem

Thanks for that insight it makes sense now to me. I have a Links wireless N router and don't think I can down grade it to wireless G. I have friends who have G so I will test it on their systems...George
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x

This phone sucks

I just updated to .604 hoping that it would fix this damn 802.11n issue. I have an Apple Time Capsule/Airport router. It is so intermittent that its unusable. Went downstairs and tried it with an older 802.11g network and it worked fine. Unfortunately There is no "G" only mode on this router. Only 2.4ghz N (a/b/g) compatible.

Considering all the hoops I've had to jump through to get this thing to half work properly, I'm really pissed that they would release this overhyped paperweight.

It's going back, and I'll just have to wait for the IPhone to come out on Verizon.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr, Iphone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by erniel29 View Post
    I just updated to .604 hoping that it would fix this damn 802.11n issue. I have an Apple Time Capsule/Airport router. It is so intermittent that its unusable. Went downstairs and tried it with an older 802.11g network and it worked fine. Unfortunately There is no "G" only mode on this router. Only 2.4ghz N (a/b/g) compatible.

Considering all the hoops I've had to jump through to get this thing to half work properly, I'm really pissed that they would release this overhyped paperweight.

It's going back, and I'll just have to wait for the IPhone to come out on Verizon.
    Hold yer breath, My X will be here tomorrow, can't you turn N off on the phone? Do you have your SID hidden?? I have a timecapsule also so I'll find out about this shortly. How old is your TC, dual band or single? 7.2 software?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    The phone has no option to control what type of 802.11 you're running. Its either on or off. Phone will NOT work with 802.11n 5GHZ, only 2.4 GHZ. My Time Capsule is dual band V7.4.2. Phone has a slew of other issues, this is just one very annoying one.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr, Iphone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by erniel29 View Post
    The phone has no option to control what type of 802.11 you're running. Its either on or off. Phone will NOT work with 802.11n 5GHZ, only 2.4 GHZ. My Time Capsule is dual band V7.4.2. Phone has a slew of other issues, this is just one very annoying one.
    Well I got a Iphone4 on launch day, returned it yesterday. I ordered the X so we will see. I'm going to use my 3GS for two weeks while I check the X out, then port in. Having lived through WiFi issues with my Ipad until the recent update, this should be easy.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X

Droid X and wireless N

On this website I just found a post where someone tweaks their incredible to be compatible with wireless N ..Anyone see this post ??
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Downgrading to 802.11g Helps Resolve Intermittent Wifi Disconnects

Yes- I have verified that downgrading to 802.11g on a 802.11n router helps resolve Intermittent Wifi Disconnects. Hopefully Motorola will resolve this quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by bcso48 View Post
    Thanks for that insight it makes sense now to me. I have a Links wireless N router and don't think I can down grade it to wireless G. I have friends who have G so I will test it on their systems...George
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links