DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Droid X freezing, camera not working, etc...

  1. Droid Newbie
    dirtgurly's Avatar
    Member #
    273514
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Droid X
    #1

    Droid X freezing, camera not working, etc...

    ok, first & foremost I admit, I'm not very technologically savy. I don't know I have been having issues with my Droid X for about a week, minor issues for longer than that. First of all, my GPS Navigation quit "following" me a few months ago. It will give me the directions, but the blue arrow will not follow my position while driving. Took it to Verizon, they said they can't do anything but completely reset phone and "See" if that works. Meh. I said no.
    So now, starting a couple weeks ago, my camera starts going wonky. I will take a pic, then go to Gallery to look at pics, and sometimes it will say there "Are no pictures to display", or it will just not display the pics I just took.
    About a week ago, my phone started completely freezing, whether I'm on the browser, in an app, in Facebook, whatever. It will just freeze. Can't turn it off, can't go to home page, nothing works except taking battery out and putting it back in. This particular problem has become more frequent in the past few days. Sometimes it gets hot on the bottom back part of the phone. Sometimes the phone will act like it's turning off, but then go back to my home page. I really don't want to have to have Verizon reset my phone, or get a new one. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of these problems?! Please help and thank you!!
  2. Droid Newbie
    NJHeart2Heart's Avatar
    Member #
    144990
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtgurly View Post
    ok, first & foremost I admit, I'm not very technologically savy. I don't know I have been having issues with my Droid X for about a week, minor issues for longer than that. First of all, my GPS Navigation quit "following" me a few months ago. It will give me the directions, but the blue arrow will not follow my position while driving. Took it to Verizon, they said they can't do anything but completely reset phone and "See" if that works. Meh. I said no.
    So now, starting a couple weeks ago, my camera starts going wonky. I will take a pic, then go to Gallery to look at pics, and sometimes it will say there "Are no pictures to display", or it will just not display the pics I just took.
    About a week ago, my phone started completely freezing, whether I'm on the browser, in an app, in Facebook, whatever. It will just freeze. Can't turn it off, can't go to home page, nothing works except taking battery out and putting it back in. This particular problem has become more frequent in the past few days. Sometimes it gets hot on the bottom back part of the phone. Sometimes the phone will act like it's turning off, but then go back to my home page. I really don't want to have to have Verizon reset my phone, or get a new one. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of these problems?! Please help and thank you!!
    I'm sorry you haven't gotten an answer for this yet. I have had VERY similar problems, in the same order, other then the gps.. I searched forums here hoping to get some help...
  3. Senior Droid
    newmanx4's Avatar
    Member #
    221029
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    104
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    #3
    First thing to try is wiping the phone's cache through stock recovery. Are you familiar with that?

    Sent from my Black Iced X
  4. Droid Newbie
    NJHeart2Heart's Avatar
    Member #
    144990
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by newmanx4 View Post
    First thing to try is wiping the phone's cache through stock recovery. Are you familiar with that?

    Sent from my Black Iced X
    No, not familiar with this. My concern is that I'd rather not lose my data... what does a stock recovery erase, and what does it keep?
    Thanks.
    Dawn
  5. Senior Droid
    newmanx4's Avatar
    Member #
    221029
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    104
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    #5
    Wiping the cache will not touch your data. It stores about the equivalent of temporary files on a PC. Good idea to clean it every now and then. To do this

    1. Power the phone off
    2. Hold the Home and Power keys simultaneously. When the Motorola logo comes up keep holding them another few seconds. A screen will appear with Andy the Android and a box with an exclamation point. You can release the keys here.
    3. Press both volume buttons simultaneously. This will open stock recovery.
    4. Use volume buttons to navigate to Wipe Cache, Power button to execute. Then reboot.

    You will see an option to Wipe Data/Factory Reset. If the cache wipe doesn't help then this is your next step. This will erase everything on the phone, returning it to an "out of the box" state.

    Sent from my Black Iced X
  6. Droid Newbie
    NJHeart2Heart's Avatar
    Member #
    144990
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #6
    Thanks for the response. My motorola phone only has 2 "hard keys" - the power button and the volume (oh, and camera), so I was puzzled when you said "hold down" both home and power buttons. Despite that, I did try to "hold down" the hard power key and the home "soft" button, but it brought me through to my normal desktop- just tried again, no better. Am I not aware of another hard button on my phone, or do I need to boot up a different way in the case of this particular phone? Unfortunately I don't know what type of phone it is other than a Motorola with "Droid X"..
  7. Senior Droid
    newmanx4's Avatar
    Member #
    221029
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    104
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    #7
    The Droid X has 4 hard keys across the bottom of the phone. Menu, Home, Back, and Search. If your phone only has 2 hard keys it is something other than a DX.

    Sent from my Black Iced X
  8. Droid Newbie
    NJHeart2Heart's Avatar
    Member #
    144990
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by newmanx4 View Post
    The Droid X has 4 hard keys across the bottom of the phone. Menu, Home, Back, and Search. If your phone only has 2 hard keys it is something other than a DX.

    Sent from my Black Iced X
    Ok. Didn't know they were considered hard keys since they technically don't "move" when you "press" them. At any rate I did hold down the power button while keeping my finger on the "home" button as you suggested but it appears to still go through the normal booting process. I've tried it twice, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong "technique" wise....If I can't get past this first step, the rest won't do me any good...
  9. Master Droid
    Savagerun's Avatar
    Member #
    241326
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    666
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by NJHeart2Heart View Post
    Ok. Didn't know they were considered hard keys since they technically don't "move" when you "press" them. At any rate I did hold down the power button while keeping my finger on the "home" button as you suggested but it appears to still go through the normal booting process. I've tried it twice, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong "technique" wise....If I can't get past this first step, the rest won't do me any good...
    Power off your phone then Press your home button first and hold it in then next press and hold in the power button. Continue holding in both buttons till you see the (!) on the screen then follow Newmans instructions. Don't press the power button first.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  10. Droid Newbie
    Strummer's Avatar
    Member #
    280807
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Droid X
    #10

    Newmanx4 solution works!

    Thanks. Easy to do and works perfectly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Camera not working on droid X
    By miamiredhawk1 in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 09:58 PM
  2. Camera causes freezing/disables buttons? (Droid)
    By SpykeZ in forum Cyanogenmod
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 06:35 AM
  3. Camera freezing/won't open
    By eodguy2 in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-25-2010, 03:38 PM
  4. Camera Freezing
    By chriseck7 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 07:13 AM
  5. Camera Freezing Phone
    By rda990 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 07:39 PM

Search tags for this page

camera not working droid x
,
camera not working on droid x
,
camera on droid x not working
,
camera stopped working on droid x
,
droid x camera freezes
,
droid x camera issues
,

droid x camera not working

,

droid x camera problems

,
droid x camera stopped working
,
motorola droid x camera not working
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+