DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Bad apps?

Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Bad apps?

I've looked around and haven't found much, but does anyone know a list of bad/defective apps? My Droid X has been kinda sluggish lately, and I want to see if it's an app affecting it. Or how can I tell if an app is causing my phone problems?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx, Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by fatalerror99 View Post
    I've looked around and haven't found much, but does anyone know a list of bad/defective apps? My Droid X has been kinda sluggish lately, and I want to see if it's an app affecting it. Or how can I tell if an app is causing my phone problems?
    Exactly what problems are you having? Just general lag/sluggishness? That wouldn't be caused by an app unless the app is constantly running in the background and taking up a lot of resources. Try clearing the system cache in recovery by turning the phone off and then holding power+home to turn it on. When you get to a screen with an Android logo and an exclamation point in a triangle, press both volume buttons at the same time, move down to clear cache with the volume down button and then use the power button to select it. Let it do its thing and then reboot.

If that doesn't help at all it might be a good time to backup your contacts and do a factory reset
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by leftspin

Exactly what problems are you having? Just general lag/sluggishness? That wouldn't be caused by an app unless the app is constantly running in the background and taking up a lot of resources. Try clearing the system cache in recovery by turning the phone off and then holding power+home to turn it on. When you get to a screen with an Android logo and an exclamation point in a triangle, press both volume buttons at the same time, move down to clear cache with the volume down button and then use the power button to select it. Let it do its thing and then reboot.

If that doesn't help at all it might be a good time to backup your contacts and do a factory reset
    Pretty much yea, my phone is very sluggish, most of the time my (default) launcher keeps redrawing, and whenever I launch my app tray, it does the same thing. I have already factory reset it once before at Verizon, and the person there said I had a bad sd card, which was causing problems.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx, Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by fatalerror99

Pretty much yea, my phone is very sluggish, most of the time my (default) launcher keeps redrawing, and whenever I launch my app tray, it does the same thing. I have already factory reset it once before at Verizon, and the person there said I had a bad sd card, which was causing problems.
    Bad SD card could be the problem since most apps store at least part of their data on the SD. You can try formatting the SD card but make sure you take whatever you want to save off of it first since formatting will wipe it.

Links