DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: What is the easiest way to change to a new phone?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

What is the easiest way to change to a new phone?

I have had my droid x since 2/2011. It is not hacked, just using the latest available update from VZ. It was acting up in 2/2012, chewing up battery and rebooting so I was able to get a replacement just before my year warranty was up. Now the replacement is acting up as well. It does not make phone calls or the phone call begins 2 - 3 minutes after I hit the contact widget or call button. I am afraid in case of a 911 emergency I would never be able to make a call. I cannot upgrade through VZ until 10/2012. In light of the changes at VZ and not wanting to lose my unlimited data I ordered a used Droid Bionic that will be here Friday. It took me weeks of moving data between my old Droid X and my new Droid X to get all the apps and data onto the new phone. Is there an easier way to do that this time around? I am not that technical and have 2 little kids that take up most of my time and energy and distract me a lot.

TIA!!
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Original Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by zexplorers View Post
    I have had my droid x since 2/2011. It is not hacked, just using the latest available update from VZ. It was acting up in 2/2012, chewing up battery and rebooting so I was able to get a replacement just before my year warranty was up. Now the replacement is acting up as well. It does not make phone calls or the phone call begins 2 - 3 minutes after I hit the contact widget or call button. I am afraid in case of a 911 emergency I would never be able to make a call. I cannot upgrade through VZ until 10/2012. In light of the changes at VZ and not wanting to lose my unlimited data I ordered a used Droid Bionic that will be here Friday. It took me weeks of moving data between my old Droid X and my new Droid X to get all the apps and data onto the new phone. Is there an easier way to do that this time around? I am not that technical and have 2 little kids that take up most of my time and energy and distract me a lot.

TIA!!
    Dail *611complain politely and they may send you a newer model non high end phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Thanks for the idea but I've done that twice and they only wanted to reset my phone and told me that they could not help me with a phone until October. One guy even suggested Ebay or Craigslist for buying a phone on my own.

Links