DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Droid X stuck in Bootloader screen!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JSM9872 View Post
    Thanks for the information mac. I knew about the .621 being a pain in the neck but I didn't think about it being a problem if the update partially took place in this situation.
    NP, yeah, its a pain, we think it does an update to /boot/ without changing the bootloader version which apparently is enough of a change to stop older firmwares from being flashed, who knows.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I'm a newbie here and plus I didn't root my phone or anything, why would the .621 update hose up my phone? I called verizon, did the factory reset and tried the reboot with no success. I was forwarded to someone at the motorola repair center and they asked me to send it to them.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    So you took the new 4.5.621 update and it somehow screwed up your phone? What's the phone doing?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    phone is locked up on the bootloader screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Savagerun View Post
    So you took the new 4.5.621 update and it somehow screwed up your phone? What's the phone doing?

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Ok. I didn't notice your previous posts till now. I thought that was your first post i answered. You have the same issue sublime had so what he did should work for you.

6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I followed the steps in that video, but my phone failed the flash. It a gave a couple messages, something about failing some enumeration and basically told me the flash failed. After being on the phone with Verizon, I was connected to someone at the Motorala repair center and they asked me to ship to them for repair, which I think I'll do since I'm not the computer whiz "IT" type of person.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Before you give up try this method. http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...-problems.html you can use the 4.5.602 root iso in that link to sbf and root. There's a step by step video in that link.

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    After the sbf it's important to do a factory reset in stock recovery as mentioned in that video. Here's how whatever you do don't take the latest OTA update which is 4.5.621. You can just stay on 4.5.602 or 4.5.605 and root.

9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Wow this is the same error I received two days ago trying to install the 621 update on my Droid X. My phone was not rooted and it wiped the bootloader installing the update. So I take it to the local Verizon store and they accuse me of rooting the phone. Um no I did NOT do that. So after a couple of minutes they said the phone was toast and they would ship me a used one. I was NOT happy about that since my phone is in perfect condition. I called Verizon tech support and they said to take my phone to the store I had just visited and let them flash it. I called before making another trip and they informed me no one there knew how to flash my phone, it is now a paper weight. My husband was very upset and found how to flash my phone and did so in a matter of minutes. The phone was back up and running yet immediately I got the prompt to apply the same update. I ignored this all day yesterday and we decided to try it one more time since my phone was now back to factory with no apps I purchased installed. The update got to about 75% like before, the phone boots and bam same black screen with the following:

bootloader
    DO.11
    Err:A5, 70, 00, 00, 23

Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable

I was NOT happy about this. Verizon Tech Support stated when they searched new tickets under bootloader they found several so they were aware of the issue and would pull the update. Um yeah hasn't been pulled yet... Something is wrong with the 621 update that it wipes the bootloader and I didn't appreciate being accused of rooting my phone as an excuse to not honor my warranty.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Tried RSD Lite and for some reason it wouldn't load any SBF. I'd open up the SBF by selecting it and it wouldn't even give me any of the file info.. the first time I tried, it recognized my phone.. but apparently the phone didn't have enough juice.

Ever since, RSD Lite won't load anything at all.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links