DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Battery not chargeable after failed sbf, question mark logo, heeelp

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Battery not chargeable after failed sbf, question mark logo, heeelp

So I had my droid x battery die on my mid flash, so I tried the ol slice up a usb cable, connected the + and - inbetween the phone metal tabs, and the battery pins so that it would have some juice to sbf again. I've done this a few times on other phones, first time on my X. It worked, got the sbf and all no problem, but afterwords the battery showed me the "?" logo, wouldn't charge, and said "not a motorola battery, will not charge". Went to verizon and bought a new battery, same exact thing.

Ive read the 2 possible problems are 1. usb =5v, x=3.7, so theoretically could have overloaded something in the phone, although this has never happened before to me on other phones (and strange that it still works if the battery has juice, just wont charge it)
    2. that the pins can be bent to the outside, so the connections arent perfect, and you can bend them back, ive had no luck with this.

The best I can do right now is charge the battery somewhere else and then use it, or sooooometimes, if i can get it into clockwork, and then press the power button so the screen goes black (still screen on, just glowing black) it seems like it charges....very very slowly, but sort of charges.

Any ideas? my best idea now is to reconnect the sliced usb dealy to sbf it back to totally stock, and try to get verizon to replace the phone =(
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR
    I had this happen to me on my X as well. I didn't try the sliced USB idea tho. I just borrowed a battery from Verizon and used a good cable to sbf to stock. Risky business flashing on low battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Rooted Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoStu9 View Post
    So I had my droid x battery die on my mid flash, so I tried the ol slice up a usb cable, connected the + and - inbetween the phone metal tabs, and the battery pins so that it would have some juice to sbf again. I've done this a few times on other phones, first time on my X. It worked, got the sbf and all no problem, but afterwords the battery showed me the "?" logo, wouldn't charge, and said "not a motorola battery, will not charge". Went to verizon and bought a new battery, same exact thing.

Ive read the 2 possible problems are 1. usb =5v, x=3.7, so theoretically could have overloaded something in the phone, although this has never happened before to me on other phones (and strange that it still works if the battery has juice, just wont charge it)
    2. that the pins can be bent to the outside, so the connections arent perfect, and you can bend them back, ive had no luck with this.

The best I can do right now is charge the battery somewhere else and then use it, or sooooometimes, if i can get it into clockwork, and then press the power button so the screen goes black (still screen on, just glowing black) it seems like it charges....very very slowly, but sort of charges.

Any ideas? my best idea now is to reconnect the sliced usb dealy to sbf it back to totally stock, and try to get verizon to replace the phone =(
    I had that issue with my X same deal; had to have the phone replaced. Brought into a local store they tried a new battery same deal, just replaced the device after that I bought a wall charger http://www.amazon.com/PowerGen-Multi...ef=pd_cp_cps_2 (which I still have) - since then I got a RAZR worried about the same thing I just ordered a cable from TBH. Link here: Factory style programming cable (for Motorola)

This will prevent the frying of your phone in the future.
    Last edited by breedingh8; 11-29-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Links