DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Controlling Data Manager

Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I also got an app from the market a while back called SwitchPro Widget, I think it cost 99cents. It doesn't have a working data toggle but when you press the data toggle on it, it takes you directly to the menu where you enable and disable data. That would at least cut a little bit off the 20 seconds by bypassing the first couple menus
    I actually have Switch Pro, and use it, but find when I toggle the sync or 3G, it doesn't seem to affect Background Data or Data Enabled when I check them through Settings. Same holds true for all the data switch apps.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx, Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    I actually have Switch Pro, and use it, but find when I toggle the sync or 3G, it doesn't seem to affect Background Data or Data Enabled when I check them through Settings. Same holds true for all the data switch apps.
    In the SwitchPro settings, choose "data APN toggle" or something like that, it tells you about how on certain android versions it doesn't work and makes the toggle a shortcut to the setting instead
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    In the SwitchPro settings, choose "data APN toggle" or something like that, it tells you about how on certain android versions it doesn't work and makes the toggle a shortcut to the setting instead
    Appreciate the suggestion leftgspin, tried it, but it still didn't affect the Data Manager settings. When I tap on the sync icon, within SwitchPro, it says to first turn on Background Data...duh! I'l bet the DX is configured to discourage users from messing with data. I probably could override it if I could muster the courage to install some ROMS on it.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx, Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Appreciate the suggestion leftgspin, tried it, but it still didn't affect the Data Manager settings. When I tap on the sync icon, within SwitchPro, it says to first turn on Background Data...duh! I'l bet the DX is configured to discourage users from messing with data. I probably could override it if I could muster the courage to install some ROMS on it.
    I've never had a problem enabling and disabling data on my X, it's always worked with just pushing the toggle or unchecking data enabled in settings for me. The sync icon isn't going to do anything about activating or deactivating data, that isn't what it's for. The 3G data toggle is the one I'm talking about. Installing a ROM isn't hard, I'll explain how to do it if you want, and give you some links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links