DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Droid X - GPS issue

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by stewywerf View Post
    I figured it out by piecing together forum posts across the Internet and I found others having similar problems.

I had 4 phones sent back to Verizon and I had many frustrating conversation with Verizon representatives who many of them thought I was crazy and imagining things. I kept telling them that it had to be my battery or my battery door cover because those were the only two items that remained constant whenever they sent me a new phone

I'm so upset with the way I was treated. I figured out their droid x gps battery cover issue and I get nothing from customer service for all of my frustration.
    -----------
    My girlfriend and I got lost suddenly on Sunday afternoon, on our way to look at a school for our grad degrees. I pulled out my trusty Droid X and to my surprise; you know the rest. I was totally taken back when I came across the battery cove explanation.
    I also registered, just to thank you for figuring this out.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Unhappy No real fix in sight

Trouble with taking the back off... it's not right! Did try doing all sorts of things to my cover to alleviate supposed grounding issues. Nothing worked. Bought a new back. Nothing.
    Finally did what I should have done some time ago. Complained to both Motorola and Verizon about the issue.
    And guess what? No one had any clue as what to do and blamed the other for either hardware or software issues.

I've tried everything but rooting back to the original OS version, but after seeing the date on several posts all over forums, I've concluded that it wasn't Gingerbread, but just Moto defective equipment that has no answer unless you are still under warranty or extended warranty.

The best answer I've seen so far is get a new phone, and not an X.

Trouble is, I now don't trust Moto and am looking for a better alternative with great GPS from Verizon. Haven't heard any really good, qualified recommendations other than knowing an HTC in my family has worked so much better than mine.

Suggestions?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Links