I just thought that I would share my experience with everyone as I had no clue that this would be such a pain.
I dropped my original DX in milk (don't ask). This in-turn, fried my screen, but fortunately I had insurance. Now, my old DX was rooted and on MIUI (loved it) and, of course, I wanted to restore everything on my new phone. Well, the new phone came pre-installed with GB and I thought it would be no big deal....WRONG!
Of course, when I got the phone, the first thing that I did was SBF back to Froyo, run Z4Root and D2 Bootstrap. As I was tinkering with the phone, it began to just shot off and the only way to turn it back on was to pull the battery. I thought that this was odd, so I tried to SBF again using a fresh download. Same thing happened. Tried RSD 4.8 and 4.9...same thing. Finally, I decided to simply SBF and allow the OTA GB to update and that fixed everything. Weird.
So, I left it stock overnight and decided to try everything again the next day. This time I tried to go back to MIUI...REBOOTS. Tried CM7...REBOOTS. (yes I did go from Froyo).
What to do now? I decided to go to Liberty GB v0.8 and this time I flashed the 3 part Rooted GB to get there after SBF. Flashed LGB 0.8...No Data! I know that this was my fault. I tried everything again and here are the exact steps that I took:
1 - Turn phone off and then re-start in bootloader (power + volume down + camera)
2 - On your computer, start RSD Lite (4.8 or 4.9 will work)
3 - Attach usb to phone
4 - Locate the 2.3.34 SBF file.
5 - Click start
6 - Once it is completed, you phone will be stuck in bootloop...Don't panic
7 - pull your battery, and disconnect from computer
8 - Replace the battery and start recovery (power + home)
9 - Wipe data and cache then re-boot
10 - Root with Z4Root, Bootstrap with D2 Bootstrap. If you use DX Bootstrap you will have to start over.
11 - Restart in Bootstrap Recovery and Flash the 2-part Rooted GB
12 - Restart phone and then re-boot into Bootstrap
13 - Wipe Data and Cache
14 - Flash LGB V0.9
15 - Success!!!!!
Before anyone says anything smart about the length of this post or the fact that I am posting things that has already been posted...I am simply trying to help out those with the same problem that I had. I found nothing about this and it took me 5 days to get it working properly.
I hope that someone finds this helpful.