DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Calendar Reminder Notifications late

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X (Verizon)

Question Calendar Reminder Notifications late

I've seen this issue posted in relation to ROMs, but I'm stock. In fact, this issue only occurred after a factory reset on my third Dx in 2 months (original killed by Gingerbread release, replacement had a hardware issue with the touchscreen, I set up the wrong Google account on the new one and had to reset and start over).

Now my calendar notifications show up AFTER the event starts, though they are set for, variously, 5 to 30 minutes in advance. They seem to show up about 18 minutes afterward (though I had one yesterday show up almost 30 minutes into the event). I've checked time zone (though that wouldn't account for 18 minute offset) and nighttime settings.

Anyone have any thoughts on what's going on?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by gpseymour View Post
    I've seen this issue posted in relation to ROMs, but I'm stock. In fact, this issue only occurred after a factory reset on my third Dx in 2 months (original killed by Gingerbread release, replacement had a hardware issue with the touchscreen, I set up the wrong Google account on the new one and had to reset and start over).

Now my calendar notifications show up AFTER the event starts, though they are set for, variously, 5 to 30 minutes in advance. They seem to show up about 18 minutes afterward (though I had one yesterday show up almost 30 minutes into the event). I've checked time zone (though that wouldn't account for 18 minute offset) and nighttime settings.

Anyone have any thoughts on what's going on?
    Mine just started doing that as well. They are typically 1.5 hours late from when I set it to go off. I thought it may be a timezone issue, but not at 1.5 hours off. Running Liberty 0.9 w/ the .602 radio. This only happened after installing .602 then installing Liberty 0.9.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I've been seeing this too, on the pre-rooted .596. Do you have a lot of services running in the background? I think I do, so I'm wondering if a calendar process is being killed off due to low memory.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2 Global
    I am also having this problem, except it is intermittent: some reminders are late, some are on time. Also, the amount of time the reminders are late varies. Tech support was no help. Suggested a hard reset, which I reluctantly did, and it did not help. Also got a new phone (same model), but still the same problem. I wonder if it has something to do with an OS update? Tech support says it is not a "known issue."

Links