DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: phone keeps rebooting

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x

phone keeps rebooting

for the last week or so, my phone has been rebooting of its own free will multiple times daily. sometimes it happens when i'd doing something process intensive, but other times i send a text or an e-mail and it'll just restart. even worse it does it when i'm doing nothing at all, i'll just look down and see it at on the reboot screen. I think it might be a problem with my SD card as it often times will not let me save to the card and some files i delete keep returning. only 1 of 10ish vids i have taken can be replayed by the phone. I want to back up my files and start fresh, but my phone no longer shows up as mass storage, it shows up as an optical drive. any ideas?

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Same(ish) issue

The same thing keeps happening to me. I woke up this morning and saw that my phone not only was restarting, but didn't charge all night. It only has 5% even though it sat on the charger all night. I even tried a factory reset thinking it might have been a bad app and it's still doing it.

Any help would be appreciated.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    I reformatted my sd card and it helped alot. It still restarts from time to time but its pretty stable for me. Only thing is now my songs are messed up. A song will randomly have like 10 seconds of another song by a different artist in it or a song will must end in the middle and go to a new one

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Same with my phone, I've only had it since last thursday and it keeps restarting for no apparent reason. I've reported it to phones4u today and they've not managed to find anything wrong, those of you who have said its the SD card, I can tell you that its not cause mine has no SD card in and it keeps rebooting!!!

Tried the factory reset also, but it restarts at least once a day if not two or three times.

Any updates??
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    If the factory reset doesn't work then:

While I'm usually 100% against automated task killers, the X requires one to work around this bug. Hopefully an update will fix this, but for now downloading a "memory manager" app and setting it to "mild" does the trick. See here: https://supportforums.motorola.com/m.../458810#458810
    Do you like uninstallable bloatware?
    It takes about 5 minutes to complain and it's kinda fun. Let's not be complacent!
    Contact Verizon (anonymous w/ fake name if you like)
    Chat/Email/Call Motorola (anonymous if you like)
    Vote for Google issue requires Google login. Just "star" it to vote.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone

motorola droid android rebooting

What is the actual app, please can you be more specific. I click on that link and it took me to another forum with 81 pages of threads.

Thanks
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Addictt View Post
    What is the actual app, please can you be more specific. I click on that link and it took me to another forum with 81 pages of threads.

Thanks
    That's weird. When I click the link it takes me to message #1152 on page 77:

After experiencing random reboots,lockups, etc an average of two a day I decided to see if I could find an app to help. After doing some searching in other forums, I thought these might be caused by the phone running low on memory. I understand that Android manages memory without outside help.
    I downloaded a free app called "Auto Memory Manager" from the market-very easy to set up. I have the threshold setting on mine set to "mild". I installed it this past monday morning and have not had a single reboot or lockup, not even while using the music player.The phone is smoother and more responsive as well.
    I wonder if anyone else has tried this program and if it has worked for them also? Will report if problems start again.
     I still have the start up after shutdown issue however, but overall the phone works well now.

Do you like uninstallable bloatware?
    It takes about 5 minutes to complain and it's kinda fun. Let's not be complacent!
    Contact Verizon (anonymous w/ fake name if you like)
    Chat/Email/Call Motorola (anonymous if you like)
    Vote for Google issue requires Google login. Just "star" it to vote.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    My TB started doing that after the last GB update and after I pulled the battery for a few secs haven't had the issue again.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Mine rebooted yesterday while I was on a call. Long distance call too so it was annoying. This all started after the first GB update and has gotten worse since the latest update.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Links