It's been a LONG time since I spent some real time messing with this stuff as I changed jobs last august and simply don't have the time. I used to spend hours and hours messing with my OG droid.
Here is where I am:
1. I have a DX, its on 2.2.1 (.349?)
2. it has some minor issues but mostly just keeps trying to download the stupid update which is eating the battery alive it seems
3. It won't update OTA
4. It's rooted with Z4 root, I undid the root and it still wouldn't install
5. I have never messed with any kind of rom etc, the only thing I did with rooting it was screenshots and about 20mb of tethering.
6. what I'd like: as close to the stock google software as possible. I need corporate email support and for it to be reliable. I do nothing for entertainment anymore as it's turned into a business phone
7. I did the how to install SBF thread on here and that is now on the PC but I have no idea what to do with it (taking 8+ months off from this has left me feeling very out of it lol)
Any suggestions on what to do? I don't mind getting roms etc as long as they have reasonable instructions.