DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Where are browser temp files in DX

Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Where are browser temp files in DX

How (where) can I access the temp files and cache files produced when browser is used to look at websites. Want to be able to replay videos watched on browser. Are they stored on sdcard or system memory?

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    While in the browser touch the star in the URL area. Three choices comes up. Bookmarks, Most Visited and History.

You should be able to locate what you're looking for there. For downloads in the browser select settings, more, and downloads.

Hope that helps.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Thanks, Hook, but after watching a youtube video, there is no entry in the menu/more/downloads screen. I'm wanting to capture (to file) videos from youtube, etc.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    @Body_Bagz
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    While in the browser touch the star in the URL area. Three choices comes up. Bookmarks, Most Visited and History.

You should be able to locate what you're looking for there. For downloads in the browser select settings, more, and downloads.

Hope that helps.
    Actually Hook...what he is wanting to do, wont work using your method...if Android(other browsers) work the same way as a normal internet browser on a PC. If you do as you suggest, the only real option that would somewhat do what he is asking, is the History Tab...and once he clicks any site he has listed, its going to fire the browser back up and actually go online.

What he is asking to do, is navigate to the Temp Directory and view the content "off line" if I understand correctly...much the same as you can do on a normal PC.

OP, I havent actually tried this, but the browser cache should be on the SD card...so I would first go there and root around and see what ya can find. It is also possible that it is on the internal phone memory...and if so, then you will need "root" access to get in there and root around. I do know there are some Temp files, but I dont ever recall seeing any "flash" content stored there as most all I ever use on the internet is streaming, so no actual "system downloads" go on...good luck either way...

Bagz Droid Razr, Most Nearly Bone Stock
    ...Rooted...ROM`d too many times to list...and still kicking iPhones in the @$$ on a daily basis....

Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Hey BodyBagz - right on. You understand my problem. I have already looked around on my sdcard for flash content, and found nothing. Hopefully I won't have to root the phone to find what I want (don't really want to get into that mess - especially since as I understand it, I'd have to re-root the phone every time there's an OS update). I think (correct me if I'm wrong) there HAS to be a temp storage of the flash content "somewhere" on the phone in order to play it the first time.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    @Body_Bagz
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmccarron View Post
    Hey BodyBagz - right on. You understand my problem. I have already looked around on my sdcard for flash content, and found nothing. Hopefully I won't have to root the phone to find what I want (don't really want to get into that mess - especially since as I understand it, I'd have to re-root the phone every time there's an OS update). I think (correct me if I'm wrong) there HAS to be a temp storage of the flash content "somewhere" on the phone in order to play it the first time.
    I`m sure there is...and I would be willing to bet its stored somewhere on the internal memory.

Another option, and again I havent looked into this either, but you could check to see if there is an app that will do this, or a browser add-on...such as the one I use on FireFox on my PC...

Bagz Droid Razr, Most Nearly Bone Stock
    ...Rooted...ROM`d too many times to list...and still kicking iPhones in the @$$ on a daily basis....

Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Good ideas. I've already looked for an app to capture videos. Will look for a browser add-on.

Anyone have any app or add-on suggestions to capture videos?

Links