DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Another day, another replacement X

  1. Droid
    nate.fehr's Avatar
    Member #
    164930
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    Droid X
    #1

    Another day, another replacement X

    In two days I will receive my second replacement X, making it the third I've owned in six months.

    The first time, all vibrations stopped working. Replaced, no questions asked (after sbf'ing, of course). This time, the camera shutter is staying open too long and blowing the light out in all pictures, and any video recorded is corrupt. After dealing with it intermittently for a few weeks, I sbf'ed this morning and took it back. The bonehead rep kept taking pictures in the dimly lit VZW store and couldn't replicate the problem till I showed him a few I had taken in the sunny parking lot moments before. Finally he agreed to replace it.

    I am not one who will claim a replacement for a soft-brick or something else I would be responsible for. This forum and others have taught me more than I ever would have thought about fixing problems that I cause. This is just hardware failure, pure and simple. They've been good about replacing them so far, just don't want to push my luck.

    Anybody have any problems similar to the ones I've had?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    cpjr's Avatar
    Member #
    17607
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,598
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    #2
    That sucks. I had a DX from release until last month without any issues what so ever.
    HTC THUNDERBOLT Rooted / Perfect Storm 1.2 ROM / Overclocked @ 1.80GHZ

    Evolution : Droid 1 - Incredible - Droid X - Thunderbolt
  4. Droid
    nate.fehr's Avatar
    Member #
    164930
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    Droid X
    #3
    Don't get me wrong, I love this phone. I'm pumped to be getting a clean replacement to play with. It's just frustrating to have issues. Guess it's the price we pay for having such complicated little toys.
  5. Droid Ninja
    cpjr's Avatar
    Member #
    17607
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,598
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    #4
    Yeah, some people just have bad luck. I had a buddy with the DX and he went through 3, and then myself with no issues at all. Same with any other phone. I had bad luck with D1's, went through a couple. But then had the DInc, DX and now TB with no issues.
    HTC THUNDERBOLT Rooted / Perfect Storm 1.2 ROM / Overclocked @ 1.80GHZ

    Evolution : Droid 1 - Incredible - Droid X - Thunderbolt
  6. Master Droid
    BackSeatSuicide's Avatar
    Member #
    154509
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    576
    Twitter
    BackSeatSuicide
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Note 3
    #5
    So if you brick your phone, trying to mod/hack/root whatever you wanna call it, will they replace it if you just tell verizon, hey my phone just stopped working, or will they be able to tell that you were attempting to root and/or use a custom ROM and that's what caused the issue?

    Posted using the power of android and the D2G
    Verizon has been screwing the dev. community for years. The petition works, That step begins here https://www.change.org/petitions/kwo...-3-bootloaders
  7. Droid
    nate.fehr's Avatar
    Member #
    164930
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    Droid X
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BackSeatSuicide View Post
    So if you brick your phone, trying to mod/hack/root whatever you wanna call it, will they replace it if you just tell verizon, hey my phone just stopped working, or will they be able to tell that you were attempting to root and/or use a custom ROM and that's what caused the issue?

    Posted using the power of android and the D2G
    Not to be a tool, but that is one of the big reasons manufacturers and carriers are doing everything they can to stop people from rooting and modding their devices. If you can't fix the problems YOU cause, dont mod. It's as simple as that. Otherwise you're ruining it for the rest of us. I have bootlooped and soft bricked more times than I can count and I've always fixed it myself rather than running to VZW for a new phone because of my incompetence.

    Their fault? Get a replacement. My fault? I fix it.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  8. Droid Ninja
    BodyBagz's Avatar
    Member #
    113220
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    1,200
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    @Body_Bagz
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by nate.fehr View Post
    Not to be a tool, but that is one of the big reasons manufacturers and carriers are doing everything they can to stop people from rooting and modding their devices. If you can't fix the problems YOU cause, dont mod. It's as simple as that. Otherwise you're ruining it for the rest of us. I have bootlooped and soft bricked more times than I can count and I've always fixed it myself rather than running to VZW for a new phone because of my incompetence.

    Their fault? Get a replacement. My fault? I fix it.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    +1....^^^^....I agree %100. There is no way in the world with the proliferation of the internet, that people who decide to root and ROM dont know ahead of time that they may break their device...and as such, it isnt Verizons or the device makers issue to fix....you broke it doing what you know is not supposed to be done...either fix it, or buy a new device...


    Bagz Droid Razr, Most Nearly Bone Stock
    ...Rooted...ROM`d too many times to list...and still kicking iPhones in the @$$ on a daily basis....


  9. DARTH MAXIMUS's Avatar
    Member #
    185228
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    91
    Phone
    droid x
    #8
    i only offer inspiration when i say that if it worked out of box, and every move u made was to the letter, then your downloads are bad. everything i hav installed other than market apps(z4root,ud rom, apex,gummy, liberty,rubix,gbroot,sbf,rsdlite4.9, the list goes on....) has been ota downloaded direct to my phone, and only the moto drivers,sbf, and rsd were transferred to pc for use. only issues i hav had were very minor and easily fixed, you can fix it.

    x
  10. Senior Droid
    timelord's Avatar
    Member #
    109863
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    155
    Phone
    Droid X
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by nate.fehr View Post
    Anybody have any problems similar to the ones I've had?
    Nope, I've had the same phone since Aug, without a single problem that wasn't in some way created by me.
  11. Droid
    rharv3's Avatar
    Member #
    142939
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    33
    Phone
    Droid X
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by nate.fehr View Post
    In two days I will receive my second replacement X, making it the third I've owned in six months.

    The first time, all vibrations stopped working. Replaced, no questions asked (after sbf'ing, of course). This time, the camera shutter is staying open too long and blowing the light out in all pictures, and any video recorded is corrupt. After dealing with it intermittently for a few weeks, I sbf'ed this morning and took it back. The bonehead rep kept taking pictures in the dimly lit VZW store and couldn't replicate the problem till I showed him a few I had taken in the sunny parking lot moments before. Finally he agreed to replace it.

    I am not one who will claim a replacement for a soft-brick or something else I would be responsible for. This forum and others have taught me more than I ever would have thought about fixing problems that I cause. This is just hardware failure, pure and simple. They've been good about replacing them so far, just don't want to push my luck.

    Anybody have any problems similar to the ones I've had?
    I haven't had a problem with mine yet. This is the best phone
    I've ever owned. I hear countless people say the same in these forums. I guess it's just the luck of the draw, sometimes.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. D1 replacement
    By tater0388 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 10:43 PM
  2. replacement
    By btpetrina in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 06:39 PM
  3. Has anyone had an X replacement lately?
    By MrDizzle in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 01:47 PM
  4. Replacement
    By Hypnotic in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 05:18 PM
  5. replacement
    By Forcedbyhatred in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 01:16 PM

Search tags for this page

droid x replacement after update

,

droid x replacement bricked

,

droid x vibration replacement

,

verizon replace soft brick rar

,

will verizon replace my droid x intermittent malfunctions

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+