DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phone calling people on its own

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    No I didn't download any external dailing widgets only preinstalled Apps. But iit seams to me the phone proposed to me ones to turn on ''one toch'' option and I accepred it. I don't confirm at least currently first dail click to call and I can not find it easy in the settings. It is most probably digged in deep in the menu options of the settings. Any way thank you very much for your input. It makes a lot of sense. I know at least where to be looking for cure. If I could turn off somehow sensittive screen/monitor & and wake it up from some physical button it would be cure for many ''problems'' including the battery charges. Power/sleep button sometime works but the other time it is not.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    I didny ask if u downloaded any widgets. They r stock. . There should have been a few on your homescreen when u first got your phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk
    Droid x running Libery 3 RC 1.1
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    My one touch dialing widgets are n ot located on the home screen.

I don't think its the widgets. My phone does this, my partners phone does this and my wifes phone does this.

It is getting very annoying....
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    My Droid X randomly calls people when I am using Motorola S10-HD bluetooth Headset listening to music....

Was thinking it was a problem with the headset...

I set the phone away from the treadmill and start running, randomly decides to call someone....

Insight on this would be appreciated?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Well i found out it was a prank app in my instance. . I dont know that i can explain all occurrences. If it just recently started I'm gonna say there's a pretty high chance its someone using the app evil operator because it just popped up. If its something that's been going on for a while now id say its a software issue.

Droid x running Libery 3 RC 1.1
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC

Smile My Droid X does the samething

I've had the same problem's with my Droid X calling people when it should be closed or even when it's been sitting on my kitchen table. Did you ever find anything out why this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by alexkach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fishstick600 View Post
    when i said it was an app what i should of said is its people using an app to prank call me... You enter two different peoples numbers and it makes them both ring and records the people when they answer

I don't have such application and I don't think that somebody of my friends could make such prank to me and to my wife. My droid x frequently starts calling to my wife it self. I thought it is because I am absolutely new with my smart phone and I do something wrong. I hang up and put the phone in the case or in the pocket when it is not completely off so it could make somehow call back later. Recently I've received voice mail from my wife's phone (LG Vortex) for about 17 minutes with all what she talked in the car when driving. My wife didn't make this call to me. The phone did it somehow on its own. Than I started to think that it might be not proper function of some preset application standard to droid x and LG vortex. The screen of my droid x is very sensitive and I don't know how to turn only the screen off. Sleep/power button sometimes works to put it in sleep mode but sometimes it is not. Phone power button frequently gives me only option to turn it off and I don't do it waiting some calls. Even being in the case hanged on my belt the phone wakes up when I accidentally push the case with my arm.
    It happened very funny accident recently because of that. I was driving with my friend in his truck when my wife called me asking when we will be back. I was kidding that we are not birds and we will be back 15 minutes later, hanged up and put the phone into the pocket. My friend behind the wheel started to make jokes about women in general and about his wife especially. Meantime the droid x in my pocket called to the phone of my friend and left all his full of passion speech to his auto-recorder. You can imagine face of his wife when she met him later and how did he look at me because he didn't believe that the phone did it on it's own without my creepy participation.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lethaldroid View Post
    I've had the same problem's with my Droid X calling people when it should be closed or even when it's been sitting on my kitchen table. Did you ever find anything out why this happens?
    I thought that it is some kind of weakness of android phones in general. I actually came to this forum to make sure all of my suggestions are not fantasy but I didn't receive any proving feedback that I am not right. Such "phone" mixes up all together in all very simplified OS system: internet, phone calls and other applications. It is Ok if it is simple as Magic Jack IP phone for $20/year - unlimited free calls in US & Canada based on simplified computer=Droid X with Java written primitive OS of price $500/device + $30/moth unlimited Verizon Wireless Internet access but we pay $150/month for such pleasure. What is this pleasure about? Why should I download some third party widget to lock my phone, turn of super sensitive screen, make 2-3 clicks to call instead of one when all of these features should be already inside of the system? How to get to these features?
    I set pattern to unlock the phone but the phone is almost never fall's out behind of this pattern. I put the phone in sleep mode but when I take it out of the case later it's on again and ready to call by any accidental click.
    I think it is great machine and it is pleasure to test one of these advanced devices in your private live but the payments for usage are too high and it is not developed yet enough to be easy in use.
    We should find out how to remove one touch call option I think. I'll be googling and post here something because here I didn't find anything yet about this simple option.
    My phone Droid X stopped calling it self for now but I am receiving 20 minutes voice mails from my wife's Verizon LG Vortex with the same problem.
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lethaldroid View Post
    I thought that it is some kind of weakness of android phones in general. I actually came to this forum to make sure all of my suggestions are not fantasy but I didn't receive any proving feedback that I am not right. Such "phone" mixes up all together in all very simplified OS system: internet, phone calls and other applications. It is Ok if it is simple as Magic Jack IP phone for $20/year - unlimited free calls in US & Canada based on simplified computer=Droid X with Java written primitive OS of price $500/device + $30/moth unlimited Verizon Wireless Internet access but we pay $150/month for such pleasure. What is this pleasure about? Why should I download some third party widget to lock my phone, turn of super sensitive screen, make 2-3 clicks to call instead of one when all of these features should be already inside of the system? How to get to these features?
    I set pattern to unlock the phone but the phone is almost never fall's out behind of this pattern. I put the phone in sleep mode but when I take it out of the case later it's on again and ready to call by any accidental click.
    I think it is great machine and it is pleasure to test one of these advanced devices in your private live but the payments for usage are too high and it is not developed yet enough to be easy in use.
    We should find out how to remove one touch call option I think. I'll be googling and post here something because here I didn't find anything yet about this simple option.
    My phone Droid X stopped calling it self for now but I am receiving 20 minutes voice mails from my wife's Verizon LG Vortex with the same problem.
    Most problems are user created also....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Most problems are user created also....
    I think you are absolutely right. I would even say all of the problems are user created. The question is how to avoid creating the problems by your-self.
    What did I do to stop my droid x calling it-self? I've set pattern to open the phone. I am trying always to close dialer application after the call. It seams to me it just most of the cases called "it self" to the number where I called before. I'm trying to put it in sleep mode after each of my calls. It's not convenient ant it doesn't help always to completely stop phone from unneeded actions but my phone stopped calling it-self at least for now.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links