DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Random rebooting

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DXrootedOC/D1,D2G,Bionicrooted
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CASHPOINT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by prince1071 View Post
    losing the security of having your phone locked shouldnt be an answer to fixing this issue...mine has been doing it ever since I SBF'd my phone to do a clean reinstall of a custom rom....(darkslide). I wont blame it on the rom since I was running it before the SBF process I did and it had no reboot issues...(other issue though, which led up to my choice to SBF and start clean).....I was really hoping to see a solution to this issue in here....
    There should not have to be anything done to solve this issue. Just trying to give some input as to what helped mine. .... Security?? You just slide to unlock...
    And then key in the code, or trace the custom pattern you created.
    Exactly, so you still have the security. It only stops the slide lock.
    Your choice. Just FYI
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    losing the security of having your phone locked shouldnt be an answer to fixing this issue...mine has been doing it ever since I SBF'd my phone to do a clean reinstall of a custom rom....(darkslide). I wont blame it on the rom since I was running it before the SBF process I did and it had no reboot issues...(other issue though, which led up to my choice to SBF and start clean).....I was really hoping to see a solution to this issue in here....
    Alas, no real solutions. I agree, disabling the phone's security lock is a poor solution, even if it did work, which I am not yet convinced of.

Think about everything you do with a smart phone. Your texts. Your emails. Your pics. You may do online banking, etc... All of that readily available to whoever picks up your phone?

No thanks. Especially when it doesn't really fix anything.
    exactly....even if you didnt have a security code the slide to unlike action is security enough that my phone wont open up from pressing ANY buttons by accident....no bueno....lol
    We're all in the game, just different levels, dealing with the same hell, just different devils
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DXrootedOC/D1,D2G,Bionicrooted
    Alas, no real solutions. I agree, disabling the phone's security lock is a poor solution, even if it did work, which I am not yet convinced of.

Think about everything you do with a smart phone. Your texts. Your emails. Your pics. You may do online banking, etc... All of that readily available to whoever picks up your phone?

exactly....even if you didnt have a security code the slide to unlike action is security enough that my phone wont open up from pressing ANY buttons by accident....no bueno....lol
    But it will be rebooting........ Why would you carry a DX in your pocket??
    No bueno?? Where are we? WAS A SUGGESTION
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Quote Originally Posted by CASHPOINT View Post

But it will be rebooting........ Why would you carry a DX in your pocket??
    No bueno?? Where are we? WAS A SUGGESTION
    Where else would I carry it? I slide it into my back pocket. I hate phone holsters, and besides, I am right handed and my gun holster is on that side and I don't want to reach for the phone and pull my shirt up and accidently flash my weapon at the grocery store or something...

I know that it was a suggestion, but unfortunately, it doesn't fix it and it makes the phone's contents available to anyone who picks up the phone. That is not a solution IMHO.

When I use No Lock, the screen comes on if you press ANY of the buttons, and it gets rid of the slider and the pattern lock, leaving the phone completely exposed...
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by eurosteve View Post
    I just saw a post that says the problem is caused by having applications running from the SD card and the solution is to move all apps from the SD card back to the phone.

Has anyone tried this as a solution to the problem?
    This is definitly an issue when plugging usb to PC. I've tested it running stock and different ROMs. I move all apps from SD card back to phone and it solved issue. As for lock slider reboots I use no lock from the market. This was when I was using 928s black glass theme. As for maps, im not sure. Sorry.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    ---------> Follow me onTwitter@chkm4te20 <---------

<<<<<If you see the right move, take it!!!!>>>>>
    <<<<<
    DaRkSL!De v4.2//L!BeRty v1.5>>>>>
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I use the "No-Lock" along with "WidgetLocker Lockscreen". You can still put your slider on. I removed the slider all together though, and made it so that I need to hold in my Back hard-button 2 seconds and it will unlock. You can set it for any of the hard press buttons if you wish. Also, I have the PIN security lock active. I know it won't come up after unlocking widgetlocker, but when my phone reboots, it is the first thing that comes up after unlocking.

All of my apps (banking, paypal, ebay, etc) require a password/pin which I do not save in my phone. Dolphin Browser is set to clean out my cache and pw's after each session of use. I make it a point to try and keep my phone as secure as possible in case it did fall into another's hands. I would much rather take 5 extra seconds to put in my passwords than have it freeze up on me like it does during SiriusXM, after phone calls, while in the browser, etc.

But everyone has their own preferences, obviously. I just wanted to say that No-Lock and WidgetLocker Lockscreen appear to be a good fix for the reboots. Only issue is your security code will only come up after power-ups, not unlocks.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links