When does the new software come out. I don't like gingerbread.
Sent froZzm my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Word is Phone s are not getting 3.0 Honeycomb.....
Last edited by Backnblack; 02-04-2011 at 09:42 AM.
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
Only the Skilled Survive
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
1. Never be unarmed.
2. See Rule #1
USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Based on Linux Kernel 2.6.32  (2.2.2 latest release) On 20 May 2010, the 2.2 (Froyo) SDK was released. Changes included:
- General Android OS speed, memory, and performance optimizations
- Additional application speed improvements courtesy of JIT implementation
- Increased Microsoft Exchange support (security policies, auto-discovery, GAL look-up, calendar synchronization, remote wipe)
- Improved application launcher with shortcuts to Phone and Browser applications
- USB tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot functionality
- Added an option to disable data access over mobile network
- Updated Market application with batch and automatic update features
- Quick switching between multiple keyboard languages and their dictionaries
- Voice dialing and contact sharing over Bluetooth
- Support for numeric and alphanumeric passwords
- Support for file upload fields in the Browser application
- Support for installing applications to the expandable memory
- Adobe Flash 10.1 support
- Support for extra high DPI screens (320 dpi), such as 4" 720p
Based on Linux Kernel 2.6.35 On 6 December 2010, the 2.3 (Gingerbread) SDK was released. Changes included:
- Updated user interface design
- Support for extra-large screen sizes and resolutions (WXGA and higher)
- Native support for SIP VoIP telephony
- Support for WebM/VP8 video playback, and AAC audio encoding
- New audio effects such as reverb, equalization, headphone virtualization, and bass boost
- Support for Near Field Communication
- System-wide copy–paste functionalities
- Redesigned multi-touch software keyboard
- Enhanced support for native code development
- Audio, graphical, and input enhancements for game developers
- Concurrent garbage collection for increased performance
- Native support for more sensors (such as gyroscopes and barometers)
- A download manager for long-running downloads
- Improved power management and application control
- Native support for multiple cameras
- Switched from YAFFS to the ext4 filesystem
3.0 (Honeycomb) On 26 January 2011, a preview of the 3.0 (Honeycomb) SDK was released. Changes include:
- Optimized tablet support with a new user interface
- Three dimensional desktop with redesigned widgets
- Refined multi-tasking
- Browser enhancements including tabbed web pages, form auto-fill, bookmark syncing with Google Chrome, and private browsing
- Support for video chat using Google Talk
- Hardware acceleration
- Support for multi-core processors
Ice Cream Sandwich Possible mid-2011 release.
Thank you for the information. So if i have Android version 2.2.1 on my x then I am up to date? When do you think the new one will be released? i went in and uninstall the gingerbread launcher. Hope it helps my phone
no problem. I think it will come out in the next 2-3 months.
It's ok to use gingerbread themes if you like them. Its just a theme to make your phone look like the new update-which is not out. If they make your phone buggy, just uninstall.
I use Launcher Pro and like the screen transitions.