DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Strange screen/compass problem

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Strange screen/compass problem

I'm on my 2nd X now after the wifi on my first one refused to work. Wifi works like a charm on this one, but now the compass is jacked up and won't auto-rotate correctly and I'm getting a really frustrating interference-type pattern during onscreen animations. It's really hard to take a picture of so I made a sample mock up:

I'm lazy and only did the one icon, but that interlacing pattern extends across the whole screen in a wavy line about one icon in height. It's only noticeable in animations (switching homescreens, scrolling, playing games, movies etc) and even weirder it slowly moves up and down the bottom half of the screen.

It LOOKS like some kind of electric interference which may also be affecting the magnetometer's calibration. Has anyone ever seen anything like this or have any ideas?? I want to like these phones, I really do...

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Same problem...

I have this same issue on my Droid 2. Just started noticing it about a month ago (had the phone since sept. '10) When you flip the phone to landscape mode it has the same wierd digital line down the middle of the screen. It's like 1/2 of the screen lags and then finally catches up when scrolling. I took the phone to verizon and they pretty much said there was nothing there and I was seeing things

Can't seem to find any way to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Yes EXACTLY the same problem! Im taking my phone in under warranty for it soon, I'll let you know what they say
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I took my phone in and convinced them to give me a replacement. The problem shows up best if you put a vertically black and white striped wallpaper on and slowly swipe between 2 empty home screens. The tearing pattern becomes very obvious. The tech rep told me she didnt see the problem until I took the phone away from her and showed her that, lol. Possibly related was my phone's refusal to go landscape when rotated clockwise which warranted a replacement as well. Good luck!
  6. xan
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DX warranty #5 since feb '11
    Uggg, my new replacement unit is doing this. now I gotta lug it to the store and convince them to swap me another, since trying to convince them over the phone would be a joke... Really starting to lose faith in the DX.

X-\

Links