I recently purchased a Kingston 32 GB microsd card and installed it in my Droid X. I am now at the point where the Droid X will not get beyond the Motorola "M" startup screen when I restart it. I will tell the story as concisely as I can.
(1) After I first installed the 32 GB sdcard, I connected the Droid X to my PC (running Windows XP) using "USB Mass Storage" mode and copied a directory containing a number of .pdf files to the microsd card (I-drive). After confirming that the copy was successful by checking the directories (Lost.dir was empty as well), I used "safely remove hardware" to disconnect the Droid X from my computer.
(2) I then checked for the copied files using the ASTRO file browser and none of the files were present.
(3) I reconnected the Droid X to my PC and found that the files and folders I had copied were indeed missing from the microsd card, and many (but not all) were located in Lost.dir, with their extensions removed.
(4) I tried the copy again and again and it failed each time, same story.
(5) Frustrated, I wanted to start over again, so I reformatted the microsd card in FAT32 format using my PC.
(6) I then copied the files to the card again, "safely removed," the hardware, and found with ASTRO that the files were not present again.
(7) I then restarted the Droid X and it is now stuck on the Motorola "M" screen.
(8) If I substitute my old 16 GB card back into the Droid X it restarts perfectly, suggesting that this is a problem with the 32 GB microsd card.
Any ideas as to how to recover from this situation? It seems that the 32 GB microsd card does work, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to copy files to it on my PC in the first place. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.