I've got a few contact related problems. Here's a bit of a background and the issue. I've got about 1200 gmail contacts, 200 phone contacts (I use the Verizon backup assistant) and 500 facebook contacts. When I first got my Droid I connected it to everything and have 1500+ contacts on my phone. I then removed the connection to facebook, so it got rid of all those contacts.
I do have to draw a pattern when starting my phone for security reasons.
Now here are my issues:
1) I have a Pioneer P6100BT bluetooth radio in my car. When I try to use the voice command mode, it WILL NOT WORK unless I first pull out the phone, turn it on, side swipe and then draw my security pattern. The whole reason I have a bluetooth radio is so that I don't have to physically touch my phone. Is there any way around this issue?
2) If I use the "phonebook" function on my radio, I have to scroll thru 1500 contacts to select the person I want. Is there a way to get the phonebook to contain ONLY my phone contacts?
3) Ditto when using the voice commands. I have so many contacts, it often recognizes the wrong person.
4) Ditto with just using contacts in general, 1500 is a lot harder to scroll thru then 200.
5) For contacts that were both in my phone and in gmail (like my wife, for example), when I use the voice commands to 'call Maria mobile', all her numbers are duplicated. It'll have home 1, home 2 (same exact number), mobile 1, mobile 2 (same exact number). But when I go to edit the contact (I have them linked), I only see Home, and Mobile, not Home 1, Home 2, Mobile 1, Mobile 2.
Basically, when using the "phone" functions (calling/texting) I want to only scroll thru my 200 phone contacts. When using gmail, I'd like access to all 1500 contacts.
Thanks in advance for the help.