DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Gallery App

  1. Droid Newbie
    alcasio's Avatar
    Member #
    134866
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Middle Island, NY
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Droid-X
    #1

    Gallery App

    I recently discovered that the Gallery App that comes with the Droid X will not launch. It starts to load the videos, and as soon as the SD card pics start to load, the app quits. The files on the SD card are otherwise accessible, just not through Gallery. I have unmounted and remounted the SD card, rebooted the phone, and emptied the app cache. I have a lot of pics on the SD card. Any suggestions? The OS was recently updated.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    timrock's Avatar
    Member #
    107551
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    578
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy nexus
    #2
    copy the contents of your card to your pc? Format the card and then transfer every thing back.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  4. Droid Newbie
    alcasio's Avatar
    Member #
    134866
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Middle Island, NY
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Droid-X
    #3

    Gallery

    I would have done that if I had completely lost access to the data, but I can view the entire contents of the SD card, except in Gallery. I'll try your suggestion but I'm thinking it's more app than card
  5. Droid Newbie
    beretta's Avatar
    Member #
    115584
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Droid X
    #4
    I have the same issue.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  6. Master Droid
    timrock's Avatar
    Member #
    107551
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    578
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy nexus
    #5
    I had the same issue a few days ago. I formatted the card and the gallery works fine now. Prior to that I was also able to see the contents in the file browser. I tried a different card before formatting the main one and the gallery worked. Try the suggestion and let me know what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by alcasio View Post
    I would have done that if I had completely lost access to the data, but I can view the entire contents of the SD card, except in Gallery. I'll try your suggestion but I'm thinking it's more app than card


    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  7. BOA
    BOA is offline
    Master Droid
    BOA's Avatar
    Member #
    51706
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    454
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by timrock View Post
    I had the same issue a few days ago. I formatted the card and the gallery works fine now. Prior to that I was also able to see the contents in the file browser. I tried a different card before formatting the main one and the gallery worked. Try the suggestion and let me know what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by alcasio View Post
    I would have done that if I had completely lost access to the data, but I can view the entire contents of the SD card, except in Gallery. I'll try your suggestion but I'm thinking it's more app than card


    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I have the same issue; I'll try this and see if it works.
  8. Droid Newbie
    alcasio's Avatar
    Member #
    134866
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Middle Island, NY
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Droid-X
    #7
    Reformatting seemed to do the trick. I still wonder if the issue wasn't being caused by the amount of files on the card. There was over 6,000 jpgs in a lot of folders. When I reformatted, I did not leave the files on the SD card. I saved them all to my computer. It will be interesting to see whether the same thing happens again once I get a lot of files on it.
  9. Master Droid
    timrock's Avatar
    Member #
    107551
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    578
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy nexus
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by alcasio View Post
    Reformatting seemed to do the trick. I still wonder if the issue wasn't being caused by the amount of files on the card. There was over 6,000 jpgs in a lot of folders. When I reformatted, I did not leave the files on the SD card. I saved them all to my computer. It will be interesting to see whether the same thing happens again once I get a lot of files on it.
    i dont think it has anything to do with the amount of data on the card. i transferred everything back and the problem has not occured again.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Gallery help? PLEASE
    By dunetigger in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 07:18 PM
  2. How to downgrade gallery. THe 2.1/2.2 gallery sucks
    By trumpet444 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 06:10 AM
  3. gallery
    By MAD450r in forum Bugless
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 09:44 AM
  4. gallery help
    By MikeFL25 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 08:17 PM
  5. Bugless Beast ~ Gallery vs Media Gallery
    By Bob Dammit in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 12:46 AM

Search tags for this page

droid allery app
,

droid gallery app

,

droid x gallery apps

,
gallery app droid
,
gallery app droid x
,

verizon gallery app

,
what is a droid gallery app?
,
where is the gallary application on droid phone
,
where is the gallery app on a droid
,
where is the gallery app on my droid
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+