DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Gallery opens then disappears?

  1. budmonster
    Guest
    budmonster's Avatar
    #1

    Question Gallery opens then disappears?

    I was taking pictures using my DX, when I went to click on the "Gallery" application on phone, it opens that quickly shuts down. I have no clue what is going on, soon a I click on the Gallery app, it'll open the close. I haven't removed any APK/APP associated with the gallery, I have froze some apps with TB, that's it. I almost forgot. I can open the Gallery app though by opening the Camera app and clicking the photo boxes at the bottom and it will take me to the slide show but that's it.

    Does anyone have any idea what is going on and how to fix it.

    EDIT: If someone needs to know I only have a couple frozen and I don't see how any of these could effect my Gallery from opening properly.
    amazon, blockbuster, city id, emergency alert, screen tips, kindle, media share, quickoffice, skype, swype, terminal emu, vz navigator
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    igknight's Avatar
    Member #
    70394
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    134
    Phone
    Droid X2 - Rooted
    #2
    Same problem, but I put a few .nomedia files in folders to stop from seeing the images, then it started. Removed the files and I still cant get my gallery to open.

    See this post
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-tech-issues/105620-cant-open-gallery-after-downloading-update-2.html
    Last edited by igknight; 12-16-2010 at 11:24 AM.
  4. Master Droid
    timrock's Avatar
    Member #
    107551
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    578
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy nexus
    #3
    take a look at this thread
    Droid X Restarts?

    I was having the same issue. Gonna try this solution when i get home. Hope it works.
  5. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #4
    Try thawing out media share

    Quote Originally Posted by budmonster View Post
    I was taking pictures using my DX, when I went to click on the "Gallery" application on phone, it opens that quickly shuts down. I have no clue what is going on, soon a I click on the Gallery app, it'll open the close. I haven't removed any APK/APP associated with the gallery, I have froze some apps with TB, that's it. I almost forgot. I can open the Gallery app though by opening the Camera app and clicking the photo boxes at the bottom and it will take me to the slide show but that's it.

    Does anyone have any idea what is going on and how to fix it.

    EDIT: If someone needs to know I only have a couple frozen and I don't see how any of these could effect my Gallery from opening properly.
    amazon, blockbuster, city id, emergency alert, screen tips, kindle, media share, quickoffice, skype, swype, terminal emu, vz navigator


    DroidForums junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  6. budmonster
    Guest
    budmonster's Avatar
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Try thawing out media share

    Quote Originally Posted by budmonster View Post
    I was taking pictures using my DX, when I went to click on the "Gallery" application on phone, it opens that quickly shuts down. I have no clue what is going on, soon a I click on the Gallery app, it'll open the close. I haven't removed any APK/APP associated with the gallery, I have froze some apps with TB, that's it. I almost forgot. I can open the Gallery app though by opening the Camera app and clicking the photo boxes at the bottom and it will take me to the slide show but that's it.

    Does anyone have any idea what is going on and how to fix it.

    EDIT: If someone needs to know I only have a couple frozen and I don't see how any of these could effect my Gallery from opening properly.
    amazon, blockbuster, city id, emergency alert, screen tips, kindle, media share, quickoffice, skype, swype, terminal emu, vz navigator


    DroidForums junkie!!
    did that. thawed every app
  7. budmonster
    Guest
    budmonster's Avatar
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by timrock View Post
    take a look at this thread
    Droid X Restarts?

    I was having the same issue. Gonna try this solution when i get home. Hope it works.
    where in this does it pertain to gallery issues. please direct me to the post in the thread.
  8. Droid Ninja
    sephtin's Avatar
    Member #
    107313
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,807
    Phone
    X
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by budmonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timrock View Post
    take a look at this thread
    Droid X Restarts?

    I was having the same issue. Gonna try this solution when i get home. Hope it works.
    where in this does it pertain to gallery issues. please direct me to the post in the thread.
    For the gallery issue, have you tried clearing data/cache for gallery?
    Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> all tab> Gallery,
    Force stop, clear cache, clear data, try again.

    On 2.3.15, there was a known issue where if you took a pic, and deleted the picture from the preview, it would sometimes corrupt the index... caused all kinds of issues. It's possible it's not solved in the newer update either.. (??).
    So, for the Blur camera, I highly recommend you wait to delete a pic from the gallery, rather than the camera preview window.

    HTH!
    ---x---


    --might find some interesting stuff, including misc. DroidX and Android stuff at my site: http://www.sephtin.com
  9. Master Droid
    timrock's Avatar
    Member #
    107551
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    578
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy nexus
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by budmonster View Post
    where in this does it pertain to gallery issues. please direct me to the post in the thread.
    Read the last 5 posts in the thread

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  10. budmonster
    Guest
    budmonster's Avatar
    #9
    I to have had this problem but just now I found this posted on another forum and gave it a shot and finally got my gallery working again you may want to give it a try and see if it works for you. Good luck

    What worked for me was going to:
    Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications >> All tab
    For each of the following, I clicked on Clear data and Clear cache: (Just clearing Gallery did not do it for me)
    Gallery
    Media Container Service
    Media Storage
    Then I restarted phone by holding down power button, clicking Power Off, then held it again to turn on and working great! It did take a few minutes for the Gallery to get all the thumbnails again the first time I started it, but works!
    EDIT: I followed the above directions. I did this twice and it finally worked. Is the Gallery bug a known problem in OS 2.2.1?
    Last edited by budmonster; 12-16-2010 at 06:10 PM.
  11. Master Droid
    timrock's Avatar
    Member #
    107551
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    578
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy nexus
    #10
    Worked for me too

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Gallery closes as soon as it opens
    By davidmanvell in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 01:18 PM
  2. Screen disappears when using any app
    By carnage in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 04:37 PM
  3. Music disappears???
    By Cathbad in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 11:59 AM
  4. Desktop disappears
    By JB4times4 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 06:22 PM
  5. Ringtone disappears
    By navigator in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 07:50 AM

Search tags for this page

android app opens then closes
,
android media gallery opens and then immediately closes
,
android takes a picture then it disappears
,
camera on droid taking picture but then it disappears
,
droid app screen opens then closes
,
droid phone takes picture then it disappears
,
droid x camera opens and closes
,
droid x camera takes pictures but then they disappear
,

droid x gallery opens then closes

,
droid x pictures showing up then disappears
,

droidx gallery disappears

,
gtalk opens and then closes
,
icture gallery stops working opens then closes whats the pro
,

photos open then disappear setting problem

,
picture shows up then disappears droid x
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+