DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gallery opens then disappears?

1. budmonster

Question Gallery opens then disappears?

I was taking pictures using my DX, when I went to click on the "Gallery" application on phone, it opens that quickly shuts down. I have no clue what is going on, soon a I click on the Gallery app, it'll open the close. I haven't removed any APK/APP associated with the gallery, I have froze some apps with TB, that's it. I almost forgot. I can open the Gallery app though by opening the Camera app and clicking the photo boxes at the bottom and it will take me to the slide show but that's it.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on and how to fix it.

EDIT: If someone needs to know I only have a couple frozen and I don't see how any of these could effect my Gallery from opening properly.
    amazon, blockbuster, city id, emergency alert, screen tips, kindle, media share, quickoffice, skype, swype, terminal emu, vz navigator

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2 - Rooted
    Same problem, but I put a few .nomedia files in folders to stop from seeing the images, then it started. Removed the files and I still cant get my gallery to open.

See this post
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-tech-issues/105620-cant-open-gallery-after-downloading-update-2.html
    Last edited by igknight; 12-16-2010 at 11:24 AM.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy nexus
    take a look at this thread
    Droid X Restarts?

I was having the same issue. Gonna try this solution when i get home. Hope it works.
  5. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Try thawing out media share

Quote Originally Posted by budmonster View Post
    I was taking pictures using my DX, when I went to click on the "Gallery" application on phone, it opens that quickly shuts down. I have no clue what is going on, soon a I click on the Gallery app, it'll open the close. I haven't removed any APK/APP associated with the gallery, I have froze some apps with TB, that's it. I almost forgot. I can open the Gallery app though by opening the Camera app and clicking the photo boxes at the bottom and it will take me to the slide show but that's it.

EDIT: If someone needs to know I only have a couple frozen and I don't see how any of these could effect my Gallery from opening properly.
    amazon, blockbuster, city id, emergency alert, screen tips, kindle, media share, quickoffice, skype, swype, terminal emu, vz navigator

DroidForums junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  6. budmonster
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Try thawing out media share

DroidForums junkie!!
    did that. thawed every app
  7. budmonster
    Quote Originally Posted by timrock View Post
    Droid X Restarts?

I was having the same issue. Gonna try this solution when i get home. Hope it works.
    where in this does it pertain to gallery issues. please direct me to the post in the thread.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by timrock View Post
    Droid X Restarts?

where in this does it pertain to gallery issues. please direct me to the post in the thread.
    For the gallery issue, have you tried clearing data/cache for gallery?
    Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> all tab> Gallery,
    Force stop, clear cache, clear data, try again.

On 2.3.15, there was a known issue where if you took a pic, and deleted the picture from the preview, it would sometimes corrupt the index... caused all kinds of issues. It's possible it's not solved in the newer update either.. (??).
    So, for the Blur camera, I highly recommend you wait to delete a pic from the gallery, rather than the camera preview window.

HTH!
    ---x---

--might find some interesting stuff, including misc. DroidX and Android stuff at my site: http://www.sephtin.com
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy nexus
    Read the last 5 posts in the thread

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  10. budmonster
    I to have had this problem but just now I found this posted on another forum and gave it a shot and finally got my gallery working again you may want to give it a try and see if it works for you. Good luck

What worked for me was going to:
    Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications >> All tab
    For each of the following, I clicked on Clear data and Clear cache: (Just clearing Gallery did not do it for me)
    Gallery
    Media Container Service
    Media Storage
    Then I restarted phone by holding down power button, clicking Power Off, then held it again to turn on and working great! It did take a few minutes for the Gallery to get all the thumbnails again the first time I started it, but works!
    EDIT: I followed the above directions. I did this twice and it finally worked. Is the Gallery bug a known problem in OS 2.2.1?
    Last edited by budmonster; 12-16-2010 at 06:10 PM.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy nexus
    Worked for me too

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links