DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: boot loop with apex 1.3.0

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

boot loop with apex 1.3.0

i posted about this in the apex 1.3.0 forum, but figured this would be the proper place for it. i have been having a bit of an issue. yesterday was the first time i had this happen. i was in terminal emulator and i was curious of what the black moto beyboard that comes with apex looked like. i put the script in to switch keyboards and my phone immediately rebooted. the boot logo came up then instead of going to the boot animation, the screen went black and the boot logo came up again. repeat. i pulled the battery and was able to get into clockwork and restore a backup. i thought at first that it may have been cause by me trying to run 1ghz ULV with the overclock app. i reverted back to the 1.1 LV i was using before and thought that would be the end of it. this morning i rebooted into recovery and when i selected reboot system now, it started doing the same thing again. i have had boot loops before, but usually it was the animation that cycled. should i just try wiping data and cache?

cm4dx

3. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Kudos on the backup!!! Yes, wipe data and cache and your bootloop should go away!

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrewwheels View Post
    i posted about this in the apex 1.3.0 forum, but figured this would be the proper place for it. i have been having a bit of an issue. yesterday was the first time i had this happen. i was in terminal emulator and i was curious of what the black moto beyboard that comes with apex looked like. i put the script in to switch keyboards and my phone immediately rebooted. the boot logo came up then instead of going to the boot animation, the screen went black and the boot logo came up again. repeat. i pulled the battery and was able to get into clockwork and restore a backup. i thought at first that it may have been cause by me trying to run 1ghz ULV with the overclock app. i reverted back to the 1.1 LV i was using before and thought that would be the end of it. this morning i rebooted into recovery and when i selected reboot system now, it started doing the same thing again. i have had boot loops before, but usually it was the animation that cycled. should i just try wiping data and cache?

DroidForums junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    cool, i'll give it a shot now. i knew backing up everyday would pay off at some point...

cm4dx
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    SUCCESS (for now at least) thank you, good sir

edit: after all that trouble the last 2 days, i like the gingerbread keyboard better lol
    Last edited by brewcrewwheels; 12-16-2010 at 09:25 AM.

cm4dx
  6. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Any time man!! That's why we're here

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrewwheels View Post
    SUCCESS (for now at least) thank you, good sir

edit: after all that trouble the last 2 days, i like the gingerbread keyboard better lol

DroidForums junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ

Links