DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Random reboots?

Member #
    Twitter
    oO_Shiny
    Phone
    GNex
    I have had the same problem since the update. It had never happened to my DX before until now and i've owned it since September. The only thing I have done is rooted it since the .340. Not task killers or anti-virus. It just seems to freeze up then it restarts.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    UPDATE: My friend called me saying the phone is randomly rebooting again. It even rebooted while I was talking to him.

He has some market apps and non market apps.

He wants to flash the .340 to the phone. I know it's against forum rules to post links. But I'm clueless how to find the .340 SBF. I've searched Google with no avail. Help someone? I just want to help him get back to stock.
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    There isn't a full 340 sbf yet.

"what evrrrrr"

DROiD X2, OTA 2.3.4 (v.602), Rooted - DeBloated
    "God, Family, Country, Navy"
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy nexus
    i have been having reboots as well. someone posted a possible solution in this thread.
    Droid X Restarts?

i will try this when i get home. In the meantime, ask your friend to open up the Gallery and see what happens.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by xmguy View Post
    I have a friend who just bought a Droid X from Amazon Wireless. He rooted it and then applied the update and rerooted. Using Z4 root. He has alot of apps installed. (I'm getting a list from him now)

Any idea what could cause this? He says it reboots by it's self up to 7 times a day. I've never had this issue with my Droid X so I have no real idea.
    other than what's been mentioned, have heard of weirdness of things like apps causing reboots.

Someone said that they had several reboots daily, until they removed weatherbug.. and then their reboots stopped (??)...

Could try trimming some of the apps you're not using.. *shrug*
    ---x---

--might find some interesting stuff, including misc. DroidX and Android stuff at my site: http://www.sephtin.com
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by xmguy View Post
    I have a friend who just bought a Droid X from Amazon Wireless. He rooted it and then applied the update and rerooted. Using Z4 root. He has alot of apps installed. (I'm getting a list from him now)

Any idea what could cause this? He says it reboots by it's self up to 7 times a day. I've never had this issue with my Droid X so I have no real idea.
    I'm not trying to point a finger at any app, but I'm on the latest software and have not had any reboot issues. I'm rooted using Z4.

Today I installed ClockworkMod Bootstrap Recovery and since then my X has rebooted itself three times. The phone is just sitting there on the table next to me and reboots. I'm not saying the ClockworkMod software is causing it, but it sure seems like it so far.

If this behavior continues I'll try and remove ClockworkMod (which I read is not easy to do) and see if it solves the reboot issues.

-Joe
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X / Droid2
    Honestly I don't think it could possibly be CWM. Almost everyone here in the DX section has it.. And im sure it would be causing problems for more than one person if were indeed the app causing your reboots.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
    Formally know as Duhstehn.

Liberty ROM Tester
    Droid X / Droid 2

Follow me on Twitter!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Have the same problem here. Started after the 340 update. I suspected apps since I had many reboots one day and no reboots for over a day after a reset. Slowly started adding apps back on and got a reset here and there. Tried narrowing down the list of suspects.

Since then many people stated they are seeing similar random reboots even though they are not running the apps I was.

I do not understand why this problem only affects some people but the best solution I see right now is to SBF the Verizon version before 340. What was it?

Thanks,

David
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidd31415 View Post
    Have the same problem here. Started after the 340 update. I suspected apps since I had many reboots one day and no reboots for over a day after a reset. Slowly started adding apps back on and got a reset here and there. Tried narrowing down the list of suspects.

Since then many people stated they are seeing similar random reboots even though they are not running the apps I was.

I do not understand why this problem only affects some people but the best solution I see right now is to SBF the Verizon version before 340. What was it?

Thanks,

David
    The only problem with the proposed solution... is that you can't go back. If you try to sbf from 2.3.340 back to 2.3.15, the phone will just sit at the bootloader (black screen with white text).. with an error message. :S
    (Note: You could .sbf back to 2.3.320, but for all intents and purposes, it's the same as 2.3.340...

Overclocking, underclocking, some mods (including themes, ROMs, etc. etc. etc) can make them worse, as well as some task killing apps, CPU control apps, battery management apps, etc.
    Someone else mentioned WeatherBug was causing their reboots...

It is speculated that the actual fix from Moto that was included in 2.3.340 for the reboot issues people were having.... is bumping up the default voltage (which does indeed increase stability...).. But most ROMs and/or overclocking apps set voltage back to default pre 2.3.340 voltages...

If you ARE able to figure out what's causing your reboot issues.. PLEASE post back and let us know. Lots of people looking for even a little improvement to the issue!

Some ROMs make it better or worse...
    ---x---

--might find some interesting stuff, including misc. DroidX and Android stuff at my site: http://www.sephtin.com
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible 2
    I'm on a Droid 2, non-rooted and have been having random reboots. It likes to freeze after locking sometimes. The screen will go black and even sliding won't do anything. Takes a few minutes sometimes to come back or the droid eye pops up.

I think it only started after I installed Lookout. Maybe its constant background running is causing it to reboot? I don't want to get rid of it because of the safety though. Any ideas?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links