DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Been trying to research and unroot for four days...HELP!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Been trying to research and unroot for four days...HELP!

Hi everyone! I am a complete wreck trying to figure this out. I should have known better but it was too easy to root my droid x and now I just can't seem to unroot it all the way. I've researched a lot of options but I am not as technically savvy as so many of you and I don't understand what a lot of the terminology/processes are that you guys are referring to. Here's the gist of it in the hopes that someone can hold my hand and help. Thank you in advance!

Have a Droid X that is running 2.2. I am trying to install the system update from system version 2.3.15MB810.Verizon.en.US to system version 2.3.340.3en.US. I rooted the phone using the GUI/Sil3ntKi11 way. The phone rooted perfectly but when I unroot the program gets stuck on "Unroot complete...Rebooting ADB..." At first, I thought it was a time thing so I left my phone connected all night but in the morning it was the same. At that time, I closed out the window and resumed using my phone as normal. The ninja was gone and when I downloaded the system update, it failed. I installed Terminal Emulator and confirmed that Superuser access was denied. I downloaded Universal Androot and tried to unroot that way as well and I got a message that my phone was already unrooted. I turned my phone off and back on again and tried to run the system update. Again, fail. I didn't have any problems with it, I just wanted it back to the way it was. I did a factory reset the next day and tried again to run the update. Again, fail. How do I get this thing unrooted?

I absolutely appreciate any help but I warn you that I will ask a lot of stupid questions because clearly, I am not at all as technically savvy as so many of you. I apologize again in advance for all that but if I can get back to the way it was, I will never bother with this again! :-(

3. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Did you delete any stock apps?

DroidForums Junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Yes. I deleted the bloatware. I believe it was Amazon mp3, Blockbuster, Voice Command, City ID, Skype, and I'm sure maybe one or two more. There was a list that I found on one of the forums. I also used Titanium Backup to remove these.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    It sounds to me like you will need to sbf to straighten that phone out. You may have to Google this, there is a sticky in the the X threads that that says we can't link to any .sbf files due to a C&D order.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    What is sbf?
  7. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Hook is right. This is why deleting bloatware is a bad idea.

DroidForums Junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ

Links