DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Droid X Gingerbread?

  1. Droid
    InfrnalSky's Avatar
    Member #
    58565
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    34
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Droid X Gingerbread?

    Just curious if it'll be at all possible if our awesome ROM builders will be able to create a Gingerbread ROM for our DX. So what do you guys say? Is it possible?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    JRobzilla's Avatar
    Member #
    131040
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    143
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by InfrnalSky View Post
    Just curious if it'll be at all possible if our awesome ROM builders will be able to create a Gingerbread ROM for our DX. So what do you guys say? Is it possible?
    I'm not positive on this, but unless Gingerbread comes out for the DX outright, or the bootloader is cracked so custom kernels can be implemented on our X's I don't think that's possible.
  4. Bang Bang
    Juicemane's Avatar
    Member #
    79156
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    1,098
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    juicemane_
    Phone
    G Nexus
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JRobzilla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InfrnalSky View Post
    Just curious if it'll be at all possible if our awesome ROM builders will be able to create a Gingerbread ROM for our DX. So what do you guys say? Is it possible?
    I'm not positive on this, but unless Gingerbread comes out for the DX outright, or the bootloader is cracked so custom kernels can be implemented on our X's I don't think that's possible.
    ^ What he said. Without a kernel for 2.3 from Moto, we wont be able to run it. Hopefully a "leak" will "leak" soon from Moto. Probably in the coming months if were lucky!

    | AOKP Rom | Imo Lean Kernel | Seidio Active |

    | Like my work? Donate | | Need me? Twitter |
  5. Master Droid
    Porterhouse0's Avatar
    Member #
    53444
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    720
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicemane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JRobzilla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InfrnalSky View Post
    Just curious if it'll be at all possible if our awesome ROM builders will be able to create a Gingerbread ROM for our DX. So what do you guys say? Is it possible?
    I'm not positive on this, but unless Gingerbread comes out for the DX outright, or the bootloader is cracked so custom kernels can be implemented on our X's I don't think that's possible.
    ^ What he said. Without a kernel for 2.3 from Moto, we wont be able to run it. Hopefully a "leak" will "leak" soon from Moto. Probably in the coming months if were lucky!

    wait so youre saying unless there is a leak or we crack the bootloader we will have to SBF to be able to update OS to gingerbread?
  6. Senior Droid
    JRobzilla's Avatar
    Member #
    131040
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    143
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by v2.2v View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicemane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JRobzilla View Post

    I'm not positive on this, but unless Gingerbread comes out for the DX outright, or the bootloader is cracked so custom kernels can be implemented on our X's I don't think that's possible.
    ^ What he said. Without a kernel for 2.3 from Moto, we wont be able to run it. Hopefully a "leak" will "leak" soon from Moto. Probably in the coming months if were lucky!

    wait so youre saying unless there is a leak or we crack the bootloader we will have to SBF to be able to update OS to gingerbread?
    A leaked SBF for 2.3 would most likely mean that 2.3 would naturally come out for the DX, which means custom roms would of course be made.
  7. Master Droid
    Porterhouse0's Avatar
    Member #
    53444
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    720
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #6
    Well the X will definitely be receiving 2.3 lol that's not even a question....is it?! o.O

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  8. Senior Droid
    JRobzilla's Avatar
    Member #
    131040
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    143
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by v2.2v View Post
    Well the X will definitely be receiving 2.3 lol that's not even a question....is it?! o.O

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

    Hahah, yeah unless there is some sort of crazy hardware requirement change I couldn't fathom why we wouldn't get it.

    Some reading material?

    http://www.physorg.com/news/2010-11-...read-days.html
  9. Master Droid
    moosc's Avatar
    Member #
    561
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    lincolnton nc
    Posts
    261
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #8
    The way a life cycle goes for android is it usually only gets one big update. For us many Androids we received froyo. So unless the norse gods smile upon us we will not be able to run a true gingerbread. Heck were still waiting for MOTO fix the froyo update. Do you know how many normal folks can't get all the apps from the market.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  10. Master Droid
    Porterhouse0's Avatar
    Member #
    53444
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    720
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    The way a life cycle goes for android is it usually only gets one big update. For us many Androids we received froyo. So unless the norse gods smile upon us we will not be able to run a true gingerbread. Heck were still waiting for MOTO fix the froyo update. Do you know how many normal folks can't get all the apps from the market.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

    lol i see what youre saying but the 2.2 update for the X wasnt even a true update...it should have been released with it!

    BTW I now regret making my username v2.2v lol i should have made it vDroid...or something like that

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Gingerbread likely to come to Droid 1
    By maxohkc in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 08:10 PM
  2. Droid 1 eligible for gingerbread?
    By kermitdfrogdroid in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 03:27 PM
  3. CM Gingerbread for Droid 1?
    By kingsway8605 in forum Android Roms
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 08:30 PM
  4. is droid 1 not getting gingerbread?
    By Wavefunction in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 01:26 PM
  5. Gingerbread not coming to droid 1?
    By actngrezy in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 02:31 PM

Search tags for this page

droid x and gingerbread
,

droid x gingerbread

,
droid x gingerbread rom
,
droid x gingerbread roms
,

gingerbread droid x

,
gingerbread droid x rom
,

gingerbread for droid x

,
gingerbread rom droid x
,
when is gingerbread coming to droid x
,
will droid x get gingerbread
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+