well I need a server to point irssi to you know :P
(my phone) + (me) =
1. SBF To Root/Unroot | 2. Everything Root | 3. Root With Any OS | 4. Overclocking 101 | 5. Learning the Lingo | 6. Post -Root | 7. Task Killers | 8.Anything Else? | 9. ADB | 10. RSDlite | 11. New Users Click Me! | 12. SBF Flashing Guide
Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
Have you also checked out the efforts to bypass the locked bootloader on the milestone? They tried using a kexec attack to initiate a second boot but couldn't get the radio to initialize correctly. The wiki is at www.droid–developers.org. Maybe some of the code there will be useful.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Well with the radio thing you just have to compile up some kernel extensions. For it then use modprobe to get them in. I think the cdma drivers are kernel extensions.
Sent from my DROIDX
Ok so here's how I want to do this thing. Ideally I don't want to have to mess with anything that will make a phone possibly bricked. So that being said I was thinking possibly a userspace fix ala create a new init. The current init is fired up by the kernel and loads all of your crap that you want running. I want to add a few features and such into the new init that will allow it to load a new kernel on boot.
1. Im going to add the ability to load up kernel modules so that we can load up a module with kexec and later the drivers for the radio hardware in the phone.
2. I also want to make init be able to also function normally so we only need one init.
3. I want to make it have some failsafe code in there to give you a working phone just in case the **** hits the fan.
4. I want to make this fully configurable by the user with a pretty interface that i'm totally not programming because my idea of a pretty interface is ncurses with colour.
If you have any questions or comments you can post them here or on my twitter (@aliasxerog). I'm also usually on irc.hak5.org #hak5. If you want to help please please contact me as I would love the help.
Also thanks for all the support
Sent from my DROIDX