DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Last Motorola Product Ever

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    The article was written yesterday. My thoughts are from the article is they are pulling 2.1 from Internet to make it something of the pass. The 2.2 they said nothing. They also said that they want to remove 2.1 to prevent future problems.

One other thought is ROMS are like the torrent community they can try to stop them but won't. Plus ROMS are not illegal in any way. You bought the phone you can do what you want with it.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by joeybarclay View Post
    Easytether $10 once unlimited data > Verizon tether $30 a month 5gb limit. What Verizon did makes me want to open up my easytether a download a 50 gb torrent and see them not get a dime but then they would probably charge me or cancel my service. I love Verizon's 3g coverage but hate their actions.

Why would you pay 10$ for a app to allow you to tether? there's free ones out there and if you have root there's even more options. You should get a free one and if you really like it then donate. the easy tether seems like its a company not someone part of the community. I'm using the one with APEX.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid
    I was rooted but I unrooted so that I could another replacement phone because my power button broke but Verizon wouldn't replace my phone so im leaving it unrooted till it breaks more and I can send it in.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by scubieman View Post
    The article was written yesterday. My thoughts are from the article is they are pulling 2.1 from Internet to make it something of the pass. The 2.2 they said nothing. They also said that they want to remove 2.1 to prevent future problems.

One other thought is ROMS are like the torrent community they can try to stop them but won't. Plus ROMS are not illegal in any way. You bought the phone you can do what you want with it.

Roms arent illegal but using their rom is. Copyright infringement. using custom roms with zero blur is legal. custom roms with a bit of blur could fall under that because its there software and it would be pirating then. unless there software is under GNPL or GPL which ever its there stuff. But the argument can be used that your using there software on there phone so its not pirating you just removed the crap you didnt want. if blur gets put on another phone then that would cause a problem. But as for the mobile phone community rooting jailbreaking w/e is legal.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joeybarclay View Post
    Easytether $10 once unlimited data > Verizon tether $30 a month 5gb limit. What Verizon did makes me want to open up my easytether a download a 50 gb torrent and see them not get a dime but then they would probably charge me or cancel my service. I love Verizon's 3g coverage but hate their actions.

Why would you pay 10$ for a app to allow you to tether? there's free ones out there and if you have root there's even more options. You should get a free one and if you really like it then donate. the easy tether seems like its a company not someone part of the community. I'm using the one with APEX.
    @Joey
    Verizon doesn't offer a plan like that. Its $30 for unlimited use on your phone, and $20 for 2gb of hotspot tethering. There is no 5gb cap on your phone's data, but they can disable or terminate your service for violating their TOS. Just keep that in mind.

@Lawrence
    There's nothing wrong with someone making some money off Android without the burden of "giving back" to a community. Why would someone spend $10 for EasyTether? The answer is in its name - its easy. You install a little app on your PC and run this app on your phone. No proxies, no network configuration, just plug in your phone and it instantly connects. You do not need to root your phone and risk voiding your warranty with Verizon and Motorola (though you're still technically breaking the TOS), and you can transfer it from phone to phone.

Also, since I can't tether over Bluetooth, I don't like using wifi-tether for root users. It uses a hacky ad-hoc method that has WEP as its best defense, which might as well be no defense at all.

(And yes, I'm aware of TBH's NVRAM hack, but I'm using a deblurred ROM so I can't use the 3G hotspot app, sadly)
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    All I have to say is this... Moto please just relax... you're only gonna hurt yourselves in the long run.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    If the rumors of the new Droid Incredible HD aka the EVO 4g are true I might have found my next phone as liong as HTC doesn't try some stupid lockdown trick

Edit: maybe not now hearing this phone will be the Desire HD, which while not bad, isn't a 4g phone so I guess I'll waiting until January to see what HTC or someone else not named Motorola comes out with then
    Last edited by mjsplicer78; 10-27-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links