DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Need Some Help

  1. slipvayne9278's Avatar
    Member #
    125069
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    83
    Phone
    Droid X
    #1

    Need Some Help

    So i Have fly x on my dx. decided to try another rom, went with Tranquility Black.

    Here is my issue; not really into Tranquility so i decided to go to my back up. Nothing will allow me to open up in bootstrap recovery, not rom manager, not bootstrapper itself.

    when i restart it it will stay on the tranquility logo or the m logo until i pull the battery and do a hard restart.

    when i go to restore back up all it does is after i click restore and check all the restore options, click ok, then it will ask if i am sure that i want to reboot, i click ok and......it just sits there like nothing was touch.

    really, is there anyway to start fresh right after i rooted it? how would i get rid of all the roms and all the themes and start over? thanks

    i think i found the issue, the su is not allowing permission, so its like my phone is no longer rooted, i unrooted and rooted again with no luck, the little ninja is there but its not doing anything, any ideas?
    Last edited by slipvayne9278; 10-19-2010 at 09:43 PM.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    xliderider's Avatar
    Member #
    763
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Where Diamond Head stay
    Posts
    1,396
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus i515
    #2
    Last resort is to flash the sbf with RSD Lite. That will get you back to unrooted 2.2.
    a little obsessive...
  4. Droid Ninja
    sephtin's Avatar
    Member #
    107313
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,807
    Phone
    X
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by slipvayne9278 View Post
    So i Have fly x on my dx. decided to try another rom, went with Tranquility Black.

    Here is my issue; not really into Tranquility so i decided to go to my back up. Nothing will allow me to open up in bootstrap recovery, not rom manager, not bootstrapper itself.

    when i restart it it will stay on the tranquility logo or the m logo until i pull the battery and do a hard restart.

    when i go to restore back up all it does is after i click restore and check all the restore options, click ok, then it will ask if i am sure that i want to reboot, i click ok and......it just sits there like nothing was touch.

    really, is there anyway to start fresh right after i rooted it? how would i get rid of all the roms and all the themes and start over? thanks

    i think i found the issue, the su is not allowing permission, so its like my phone is no longer rooted, i unrooted and rooted again with no luck, the little ninja is there but its not doing anything, any ideas?
    Doesn't work for everyone... but worth a shot:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...tml#post917447

    Have recommended this to others in the past.. might not help, but *shrug*.. worth a shot!

    --go to menu> settings> applications> Manage Applications
    --go to the "All" tab at the top, and select ROM Manager
    --Force stop, clear cache, clear data, then Uninstall.
    --Then go to Droid X Bootstrapper, and do the same:
    --Force stop, Clear cache, clear data, and Uninstall.
    --Reboot
    --Reinstall Droid X Bootstrapper from market
    then try to get recovery back by:
    --From application drawer, open Droid X Bootstrapper
    --Choose the first buton: "Bootstrap Recovery", then the second: "Reboot Recovery".

    What happens?
  5. slipvayne9278's Avatar
    Member #
    125069
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    83
    Phone
    Droid X
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    Last resort is to flash the sbf with RSD Lite. That will get you back to unrooted 2.2.

    ok what is RSD Lite? i searched that on market didnt find it, where do i get it?
  6. Droid Ninja
    sephtin's Avatar
    Member #
    107313
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,807
    Phone
    X
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by slipvayne9278 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    Last resort is to flash the sbf with RSD Lite. That will get you back to unrooted 2.2.

    ok what is RSD Lite? i searched that on market didnt find it, where do i get it?
    RSD Lite is an application that allows you to use the .sbf to go completely back to stock (verizon/Motorola). By stock, I mean.. stock, as though it just came out of the box.

    See more info here:
    Droid X
  7. slipvayne9278's Avatar
    Member #
    125069
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    83
    Phone
    Droid X
    #6
    it says in the instructions to go into bootloader, i unistalled and reinstalled everything but i am still not able to use bootstrap, what do i do then?
  8. slipvayne9278's Avatar
    Member #
    125069
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    83
    Phone
    Droid X
    #7
    ok i apprecite everyones help thus far, but i have a new problem.

    i got my droid x like a month ago, it came with 2.1, i got the official 2.2 before rooting.

    i reflashed it back to stock everything went as it should, then it said sw update complete and rebooted and now it stays on the bootloader screen and says this:

    Bootloader
    30.03
    Err:A5,70,70,00,1F


    MEM_MAP Blank
    Service Req'd
    Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Transfer Mode:
    USB


    I dont know what, if anything i did wrong, pulled battery and back to same spot, will not move, never got to the M screen or anything. Does anyone know what might have went wrong and how do i fix it, thanks
  9. Droid Ninja
    sephtin's Avatar
    Member #
    107313
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,807
    Phone
    X
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by slipvayne9278 View Post
    ok i apprecite everyones help thus far, but i have a new problem.

    i got my droid x like a month ago, it came with 2.1, i got the official 2.2 before rooting.

    i reflashed it back to stock everything went as it should, then it said sw update complete and rebooted and now it stays on the bootloader screen and says this:

    Bootloader
    30.03
    Err:A5,70,70,00,1F


    MEM_MAP Blank
    Service Req'd
    Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Transfer Mode:
    USB


    I dont know what, if anything i did wrong, pulled battery and back to same spot, will not move, never got to the M screen or anything. Does anyone know what might have went wrong and how do i fix it, thanks
    So, let me make sure that I understand you correctly.
    --You received the phone with 2.1.
    --You used the OTA to get to 2.2 (which changes the bootloader, so you can NEVER go back to 2.1
    --You've attempted to go back to 2.1 via .sbf, which gave you the error message you described, which is what happens if you were on 2.2 OTA, and attempt to .sbf back to 2.1.. :P

    So, I happen to have good news for you... you're VERY lucky that a full 2.2 .sbf became available to the community this last weekend, or you'd be calling verizon. :P

    Check the home page of Rootzwiki dot com.
    If you JUST went through this process with the 2.1 .sbf, then you already know how.. you just need 2 different things:
    newest version of RSD Lite, and the 2.2 .sbf. Going through the same process with those SHOULD fix you.

    The forum admins are kinda touchy about this kinda stuff... so I hope I haven't crossed any of those invisible lines.. but my primary interest is to try to save you any more headaches... :S

    If that didn't help, feel free to PM me with questions, I'll try to assist however I can...
  10. slipvayne9278's Avatar
    Member #
    125069
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    83
    Phone
    Droid X
    #9
    well it runs out it was bricked, went to verizon, they are sending me a replacement should have it tomorrow, i will root again but wait for SS to install rom
  11. Droid Ninja
    sephtin's Avatar
    Member #
    107313
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,807
    Phone
    X
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by slipvayne9278 View Post
    well it runs out it was bricked, went to verizon, they are sending me a replacement should have it tomorrow, i will root again but wait for SS to install rom
    The error message you typed in.. is NOT a brick. You can easily restore it via .sbf'ing to the 2.2 .sbf.

    The verizon reps have less training than you do on your phone.. unfortunately.

    If you still want to fix it, happy to help, worst case scenario, you can wait for your new phone.

    Sorry this turned into so much trouble for you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

droid x 2.1 from 2.2 mem_map blank

,

how to make droid x data invisible to verizon

,

roms for rooted moto droid

,

tranquility bootstrapper

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+