DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blur Email/Calendar to blurless ROMs

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Blur Email/Calendar to blurless ROMs

Hi all,

I need some help here. I don't like blur, and would like to get rid of it. I do like the AOSP aspects of apeX, for instance, but i absolutely need to have blurry email/calendar for corporate sync. for whatever reason, my corporate email CAN be added to the non-blurred style, but in order to do it, i need to provide administrator access to my phone (including allowing them to remote delete all data....) for whatever reason, the blurry corporate sync (blue sync) and associated bluremail.apk do not require this insanity.

i tried rubiX focused (which i also like), and tried to install bluremail.apk but get a message saying it cannot be installed. likewise, when i add the apk to system/app/ it does not do anything (do i have to remove the other email.apk?)

any help would be greatly appreciated. ideally, i'd like the MINIMUM amount of blur required in order to have a blurless rom with corporate sync.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloki View Post
    Hi all,

I need some help here. I don't like blur, and would like to get rid of it. I do like the AOSP aspects of apeX, for instance, but i absolutely need to have blurry email/calendar for corporate sync. for whatever reason, my corporate email CAN be added to the non-blurred style, but in order to do it, i need to provide administrator access to my phone (including allowing them to remote delete all data....) for whatever reason, the blurry corporate sync (blue sync) and associated bluremail.apk do not require this insanity.

i tried rubiX focused (which i also like), and tried to install bluremail.apk but get a message saying it cannot be installed. likewise, when i add the apk to system/app/ it does not do anything (do i have to remove the other email.apk?)

any help would be greatly appreciated. ideally, i'd like the MINIMUM amount of blur required in order to have a blurless rom with corporate sync.

Im with you 100%

Im all for blurless roms, but there are many folks like us that need corp sync working. Hell I was and still am willing to pay re first person to figure it out. It just seems like anytime someone brings this up, it gets swept under the rug. Well, the money is on the table.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by kinggroin View Post
    Im with you 100%

Im all for blurless roms, but there are many folks like us that need corp sync working. Hell I was and still am willing to pay re first person to figure it out. It just seems like anytime someone brings this up, it gets swept under the rug. Well, the money is on the table.
    likewise. this shouldn't even be that hard, i don't know why people keep ignoring the question every time it is posed on the various ROM forums. i'd also be willing to donate to whoever can solve this issue.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    bump bump bump
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    bump bump bump
    The message saying it "can't be installed".. how did you try to install?

To Reinstall blur stuff back to a blurless rom, use Root Explorer, or ADP to do the following:
    --Remount /system to ReadWrite (in Root Explorer, that's done by navigating to the /system directory, and tapping the "Mount RW" button at the top).
    --Copy the files to /system/app
    --Change the permissions of the files to match the other files in /system/app (In Root explorer, long press on the file, select permissions, and make it user: Read and Write, Group: Read, and Other: Read.
    --mount Read Only again (button at top of Root Explorer "mount RO"
    --reboot.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by sephtin View Post
    bump bump bump

To Reinstall blur stuff back to a blurless rom, use Root Explorer, or ADP to do the following:
    --Remount /system to ReadWrite (in Root Explorer, that's done by navigating to the /system directory, and tapping the "Mount RW" button at the top).
    --Change the permissions of the files to match the other files in /system/app (In Root explorer, long press on the file, select permissions, and make it user: Read and Write, Group: Read, and Other: Read.
    --reboot.
    i tried both doing that, and running the .apk. neither works.

thanks for your help though, do you have any other ideas how to get corporate sync back up and working?
    Last edited by lordloki; 10-19-2010 at 11:50 AM.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by sephtin View Post
    bump bump bump

--reboot.
    i tried both doing that, and running the .apk. neither works.

thanks for your help though, do you have any other ideas how to get corporate sync back up and working?
    Unforutnately, I don't have an account to test with. :S There are other reports of this working, and some of it failing as well.. Hopefully someone can post with some help for ya...
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    subscribed...
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I found this site that has all the default apks and odex. I want to install the dialer/contacts app...
    http://www.chadhaney.com/droidXDefault/
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by nathank View Post
    I found this site that has all the default apks and odex. I want to install the dialer/contacts app...
    http://www.chadhaney.com/droidXDefault/
    To which ROM?
    It ****MIGHT**** work on Blurry, but very very unlikely it'll work on any version of Focused. Keeping in mind that the dialer and contacts apps alone will break some things. They both are tied very heavily into framework components. Which ones exactly, I'm not sure.. but you'll likely create more issues than you fix in trying.

PLEASE make a good backup before testing... and be ready to go back to it.
    ---x---

--might find some interesting stuff, including misc. DroidX and Android stuff at my site: http://www.sephtin.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links