DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Backup Assistant for RubiX Focused

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droidX

Backup Assistant for RubiX Focused

Ok so I know some of you are going to like this one. I personally like backup assistant and think it is very useful. So I made it my personal mission to figure this one out. Well what I did was I compared both /system/app files from blurry and focused to see what was missing. I found one key component. That would be android-syncservice-app.apk. I moved this file, and backupassistanceclient with root explorer to the /system/app folder, set permissions and reboot. And that's it! I clicked on backup assistant after that and it started right up and loaded everything in. I have uploaded the apk's for everyone who would like to do the same. Once again I'll spell out the steps.

1. Transfer both .apks to sd card. easiest way is through usb mass storage.

2. open up root explorer navigate to sd card

3. Long press backupassistanceclient.apk and copy and navigate to /system/app

4. Paste. Then long press, set permissions to 644. (First column all checked, first check in second column)

5. Repeat for android-syncservice-app.apk.

6. Do not hit install! Just reboot your phone after that and your good to go.

Props to Drod for making a beastly rom.
    Attached Files

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I just installed the 0.5 version of RubiXFocused.

I installed your backup assistant using ES file explorer. I didn't change the permissions but I ran Fix Permissions in ROM Manager and restarted. Backup assistant seems to be working fine.

I changed the default bootanimation with ES file explorer too.

Also removed the swipe .apk and the ADW launcher .apk. So far no problems. (Btw I use launcherpro.)

Anything bad about removing the swipe and ADW and a few other .apk files from system/app? Anything else I should know about doing this?

I'm very happy with this ROM. It is stable, removes most of the unwanted apps, and is very fast.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droidX
    Quote Originally Posted by mclamb View Post
    I just installed the 0.5 version of RubiXFocused.

I installed your backup assistant using ES file explorer. I didn't change the permissions but I ran Fix Permissions in ROM Manager and restarted. Backup assistant seems to be working fine.

I changed the default bootanimation with ES file explorer too.

Also removed the swipe .apk and the ADW launcher .apk. So far no problems. (Btw I use launcherpro.)

Anything bad about removing the swipe and ADW and a few other .apk files from system/app? Anything else I should know about doing this?

I'm very happy with this ROM. It is stable, removes most of the unwanted apps, and is very fast.
    Glad to hear it worked! nope nothing wrong with removing swype or ADW as long as you have a replacement home like launcher pro. Im a launcher pro guy myself. He's got the facebook widget and a nice calender widget and they work great for me. I agree, very fast rom.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Thanks for the fix btw. Hope to make it available as an option in ROM Manager when rubiX is ready for RM.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droidX
    Not a problem! glad to help
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I'm trying to do this. I installed rubix .5 and I've tried astro and es file explorer. none of them are letting me copy into the system/apps folder... Astro's paste icon disappears and es file explorer says it fails. No pun intended.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droidX
    You have to use root explorer because you need r/w permissions. Get it from the market it is well worth the few dollars. Best file manager
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Ok I will try that thanks. Question, how do you install themes? I went into Rom manager to try to install galaxy s, it dls, reboots, then it installs a quarter of it then the exclamation with the droid guy next to it comes up and the phone reboots. What am I doing wrong?
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by cchang136 View Post
    I'm trying to do this. I installed rubix .5 and I've tried astro and es file explorer. none of them are letting me copy into the system/apps folder... Astro's paste icon disappears and es file explorer says it fails. No pun intended.
    I packaged these apk's into a patch as well... Downloadable in second post, links here:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...uys-crazy.html

So, you can load the .zip file from recovery, or another option, is to push the files via adb.. but that's not nearly as easy as just getting root explorer.. which I also highly recommend.

Hope this helps!
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by cchang136 View Post
    Ok I will try that thanks. Question, how do you install themes? I went into Rom manager to try to install galaxy s, it dls, reboots, then it installs a quarter of it then the exclamation with the droid guy next to it comes up and the phone reboots. What am I doing wrong?
    List of themes here, with links to their pages. Instructions for each theme should be on the post from the dev. Hope this helps!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links