DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Total noob to the rooting world

  1. Junior Droid
    NEHP's Avatar
    Member #
    279611
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Droid X
    #1

    Total noob to the rooting world

    i just rooted my droid x no more than 15 minutes ago. soooo now what? what can i do with it? what are some good things to run, open? and where can i get all of these goodies?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Developer Relations
    JSM9872's Avatar
    Member #
    151157
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In Pennsylvania...
    Posts
    12,927
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    #2
    Welcome to DF and the world of root!!

    I moved your thread to the Droid X ROMs section so you can get up to date advice on the X, I am out of the loop so I do not know what is out there to recommend currently.
  4. Senior Droid
    newmanx4's Avatar
    Member #
    221029
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    104
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    #3
    Now you need a ROM. If you want ICS you should check out AOKP.

    Sent from my Black Iced X
  5. Junior Droid
    NEHP's Avatar
    Member #
    279611
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Droid X
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by JSM9872
    Found another thread talking about the whole situation, in it they link to a good write up as well. There may be some things you can do but it you are not comfortable with SBF flashing your phone then it may prove to be difficult to do. If you are not comfortable with computers or this SBF process I do not recommend doing it.

    .621 to .602 SBF flash possible?
    I was trying to flash it last night but no go, think I will have netter luck using a desk top and as far as doing the process, pretty darn simple. I has a friend refer to XDA that's where I found there info. Just saw this this morning. Oh and to go into bootlegger mode? Push down both volume then tap power? Soooo what is it supposed to do?
  6. Developer Relations
    JSM9872's Avatar
    Member #
    151157
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In Pennsylvania...
    Posts
    12,927
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by NEHP View Post
    I was trying to flash it last night but no go, think I will have netter luck using a desk top and as far as doing the process, pretty darn simple. I has a friend refer to XDA that's where I found there info. Just saw this this morning. Oh and to go into bootlegger mode? Push down both volume then tap power? Soooo what is it supposed to do?
    I moved this post to your thread to make it a bit easier for the other user and his thread.

    Anyway, you need a computer to do that process, it will not work otherwise. And the last part of your question I am not sure what you mean as far as what it is supposed to do. You need to be in bootloader mode to run the SBF. Honestly, it may be a good idea for you to slow down a bit and become familiar with the terminology and the process before trying to do it.
  7. Junior Droid
    NEHP's Avatar
    Member #
    279611
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Droid X
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by JSM9872

    I moved this post to your thread to make it a bit easier for the other user and his thread.

    Anyway, you need a computer to do that process, it will not work otherwise. And the last part of your question I am not sure what you mean as far as what it is supposed to do. You need to be in bootloader mode to run the SBF. Honestly, it may be a good idea for you to slow down a bit and become familiar with the terminology and the process before trying to do it.
    Cool.
    Like what is the phone gonna do when it goes into bootloader mode? Is the screen going to change? Yeah I think your right, all I know about phones is how dial, text and keep it simple. This is my first time messing with any phone.
    As for terminology what does SBF stand for? And what does it do?
  8. Developer Relations
    JSM9872's Avatar
    Member #
    151157
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In Pennsylvania...
    Posts
    12,927
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    #7
    The screen would be all black with some text on it, among which it would say "bootloader (and a number)" at the top.

    As far as what SBF stands for, I believe the actual term is .sbf but people say you SBF because its easier then saying you "flashed a .sbf file." Essentially it wipes you phone completely and restores whatever system version file you chose.

    "Don't Panic!"
    Tapatalk 2_GNEX
  9. Junior Droid
    NEHP's Avatar
    Member #
    279611
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Droid X
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JSM9872
    The screen would be all black with some text on it, among which it would say "bootloader (and a number)" at the top.

    As far as what SBF stands for, I believe the actual term is .sbf but people say you SBF because its easier then saying you "flashed a .sbf file." Essentially it wipes you phone completely and restores whatever system version file you chose.

    "Don't Panic!"
    Tapatalk 2_GNEX
    Ah alright alright. :knowledge:

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Not a total noob, but.......
    By altspeed in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 06:31 PM
  2. Total Noob here
    By TheGoodKid in forum Droid X FAQ
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 07:42 AM
  3. Total NooB
    By desertwarrior11b in forum Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 08:04 PM
  4. Total noob here
    By lissener in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 09:42 PM
  5. A total noob
    By eddiemmabell in forum Motorola Droid 2
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 10:05 AM

Search tags for this page

all about rooting for a total noob

,

droid x rooting

,

droidx root terminology

,

noob rooting droid

,

root terminology for noobs

,

rooting droid x2 for noobs

,

samsung blaze boot legger mode

,

total knowledge about rooting and android

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+