DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Galnet MIUI ICS (2.1.6,Stable)

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    I've been using Apex for quite awhile. Tried installing MIUI yesterday, and...well, I'm glad I did a Nandroid first.

The initial install seemed to go fine. Restored from TiBu and suddenly MIUI was force-closing constantly, in, I think, Android Core or something. I'm willing to do some research when my phone glitches up, but not when I can barely do anything without a dialog box popping up.

I'm not blaming MIUI in particular...I didn't SBF or anything first, though I did do all the formatting and such. Not sure that that was good enough. I also use Go Launcher and had restored that...not sure whether that would have any bearing on the situation.

MIUI looks beautiful; I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't get past the errors long enough to appreciate it.

DonIago
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X MIUI 22.1
    I am having a similar problem to a user who posted previously. I was looking to update MIUI on my phone; downloaded the new version, put it on my sdcard, backed up my phone, etc. However when I tried to enter recovery mode, nothing happened - my phone just rebooted. I used the reboot recovery option given when you hold down the power button (which has worked fine in the past for me on previous MIUI builds). I also used the clockwork recovery in ROM Manager, which has also worked in the past. I even went back to the Droid 2 Bootstrapper that I used before I was on MIUI, which only rebooted my phone and performed a factory wipe as well. Does anyone have any suggestions to get into recovery?
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx, Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by nahrschnar View Post
    I am having a similar problem to a user who posted previously. I was looking to update MIUI on my phone; downloaded the new version, put it on my sdcard, backed up my phone, etc. However when I tried to enter recovery mode, nothing happened - my phone just rebooted. I used the reboot recovery option given when you hold down the power button (which has worked fine in the past for me on previous MIUI builds). I also used the clockwork recovery in ROM Manager, which has also worked in the past. I even went back to the Droid 2 Bootstrapper that I used before I was on MIUI, which only rebooted my phone and performed a factory wipe as well. Does anyone have any suggestions to get into recovery?
    You need to use the bootmenu or cat.jpg if I'm not mistaken. To use the bootmenu, reboot the phone normally and watch the notification LED. When it turns blue hit the volume down button, which will bring you to the bootmenu and let you choose to boot CWM. If you use cat.jpg, open terminal emulator, type "su" (without quotes), allow SU permissions, type "cat.jpg" (again without quotes), close terminal emulator and reboot to CWM with ROM Manager
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links