[ROM][CM9] EncounterICS X (Beta 2 with working radio!) [4.0.1]
I've been disappointed with the lack of ICS development and decided to kang together a nice little treat for us Droid X users ;)
- Radio (including 3G, calls, SMS)
- Bluetooth (doesn't work too well with calls)
- 2D (hardware accelerated!) & 3D (kinda buggy)
- Wifi (if it doesn't work, reboot)
- Sensors (including rotation/accelerometer)
- Audio (DSP force closes rarely, but still works)
- SD Card
- All hardware buttons
- It's fast!
Known bugs + workarounds:
- Voice Input (excluding calls)
- Speakerphone (sounds + music still work through speaker)
- Data usage limiter
- Possibly more.
- SD doesn't mount over USB
- Run "su" and then "echo /dev/block/mmcblk0 > /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun0/file" in Terminal Emulator or via ADB.
- OR Download "Multi Mount SD-Card Lite" from the Market.
- OR Use "Samba for Android" from the Market to access your SD card over the network.
- Gallery FC's when gapps is installed.
- Disable "Sync Google-photos" for all of your accounts.
- Google Talk FC's.
- Use an alternate app. I recommend "imo beta".
- Sometimes a reboot is necessary for settings to stick/activate.
- Keypad while in a call is extremely laggy.
- Wifi/3G trade-off might not work until rebooted.
- Phone freezes when taken off car dock.
- Lots of other bugs can be fixed by simply rebooting.
- CyanogenMod for the obvious.
- CyanogenDefy Team for the hardware base.
- DXC for the bootmenu from his MIUI DefX builds and CWM scripts for "Reboot to CWM" (currently not implemented)
This is for the gingerbread kernel.
If you're not on .602 or .605, SBF and then install.
Mediafire directory: http://www.mediafire.com/encounterics (Don't forget to flash gapps [link below] RIGHT AFTER you flash the ROM! Otherwise you'll have issues.)
Beta 2 MD5: 3406D9EA012ACA2D3E9BB30B1446410F
(Beta 2 Mirror: http://codekillers.s...erICS-Beta2.zip)
Remember: This is a beta! Do not flash unless you're ready to deal with the bugs.
This does not work in an SD slot in Boot Manager! You'll have to SBF if you attempt to.
- How do I access recovery?
- Press the volume down button during boot when the LED flashes blue. Use the volume buttons to scroll through the lists and the power button to select. (In recovery, the camera button is select.)
- DO NOT USE cat.jpg! THIS WILL DESTROY WIFI AND RADIO FIXES.
- How do I stop new apps from automatically appearing on my home screen?
- Open Market -> Menu -> Settings -> Disable "Auto-add Shortcuts".
- [insert feature here] doesn't work even though the topic says it does!
- Before complaining about it, try rebooting. If it still doesn't work, feel free to post in this thread explaining your problem as in-depth as possible in order to get assistance.
Feel like donating?
- Build 2:
- Fixed radio
- Fixed GPS
- Fixed market
- Fixed ADB
- Fixed missing /data/tmp
- Improved SD speed
- Hopefully fixed some flashing issues.
If you donate, send me a PM with your PayPal email for verification. I'm making my donators my beta-testing group.
They will get builds a bit earlier than the public in order to help squash any big bugs I've introduced before release.
And much more's coming soon! Enjoy :)