DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Bricked!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Well personally I like 4.5.602 because the baseband radio is better meaning better battery life, this time go into stock recovery which is where you had the triangle then press the search button which puts you into stock recovery, wipe data and cache then go into bootloader and do your SBF then go to stock recovery again and wipe data and cache then reboot and then we can get you rooted again

BAD ASS X
    CM 10 and AOKP
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless77 View Post
    Well personally I like 4.5.602 because the baseband radio is better meaning better battery life, this time go into stock recovery which is where you had the triangle then press the search button which puts you into stock recovery, wipe data and cache then go into bootloader and do your SBF then go to stock recovery again and wipe data and cache then reboot and then we can get you rooted again

BAD ASS X
    Can I flash to apex from 4.5.602?

I tried your most recent instructions but I kept getting a failed error because the app on my computer couldn't retrieve the IMEI number... or something like that. There was something it wanted from my phone that it wasn't getting. Then my battery died and I couldn't make a connection to the phone. It looks like the decrepit state of my phone is preventing it from changing the battery. My babysitter happens to have a droidX so I put my battery in her phone this morning. When I get home I'll try to sbf it again.

What app do you recommend to SBF? I don't remember the name of the app I'm using and I don't have my laptop with me but I'd like to use what you and/or everyone else is using.

Thanks again!!!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    There is no app, you have to have the correct Motorola drivers and RSD lite installed on your computer and the proper SBF file downloaded and extracted because when you flash it you have to use the SBF file unzipped

BAD ASS X
    CM 10 and AOKP
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless77 View Post
    There is no app, you have to have the correct Motorola drivers and RSD lite installed on your computer and the proper SBF file downloaded and extracted because when you flash it you have to use the SBF file unzipped

BAD ASS X
    Yes, RSD lite! That's what I'm using I remember the name now that you wrote it. Okay so I guess I just have to try it again on a full battery.

Thanks!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MAXX
    I think I figured out a solution for RSD lite. I'm using windows 7 and I had to open RSD lite in compatability mode with full administrator privilages. In compatability mode I was able to SBF back to factory in under 10 minutes.

I'm still can't boot to recovery though. I can get to the stock recovery but I see an error: E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command. I tried all the fixes I can find on this forum and google and I even SBF a 3rd time but nothing worked.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by sb9t View Post
    I think I figured out a solution for RSD lite. I'm using windows 7 and I had to open RSD lite in compatability mode with full administrator privilages. In compatability mode I was able to SBF back to factory in under 10 minutes.

I'm still can't boot to recovery though. I can get to the stock recovery but I see an error: E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command. I tried all the fixes I can find on this forum and google and I even SBF a 3rd time but nothing worked.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.
    Scratch that last post. I figured it out. I thought I had the flash process memoried but that was flashing from one custom rom to the other. I forgot to reinstall the droidx bootstrap. I'm off to flash apex again... wish me luck.

Thank you for all your help clueless7!!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    No problem glad you got it figured out

BAD ASS X
    CM 10 and AOKP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links