DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: It's Bricked!

  1. Master Droid
    clueless77's Avatar
    Member #
    223893
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    853
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    #11
    Well personally I like 4.5.602 because the baseband radio is better meaning better battery life, this time go into stock recovery which is where you had the triangle then press the search button which puts you into stock recovery, wipe data and cache then go into bootloader and do your SBF then go to stock recovery again and wipe data and cache then reboot and then we can get you rooted again

    BAD ASS X
    CM 10 and AOKP
  2. Junior Droid
    sb9t's Avatar
    Member #
    240251
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10
    Phone
    MAXX
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless77 View Post
    Well personally I like 4.5.602 because the baseband radio is better meaning better battery life, this time go into stock recovery which is where you had the triangle then press the search button which puts you into stock recovery, wipe data and cache then go into bootloader and do your SBF then go to stock recovery again and wipe data and cache then reboot and then we can get you rooted again

    BAD ASS X
    Can I flash to apex from 4.5.602?

    I tried your most recent instructions but I kept getting a failed error because the app on my computer couldn't retrieve the IMEI number... or something like that. There was something it wanted from my phone that it wasn't getting. Then my battery died and I couldn't make a connection to the phone. It looks like the decrepit state of my phone is preventing it from changing the battery. My babysitter happens to have a droidX so I put my battery in her phone this morning. When I get home I'll try to sbf it again.

    What app do you recommend to SBF? I don't remember the name of the app I'm using and I don't have my laptop with me but I'd like to use what you and/or everyone else is using.

    Thanks again!!!
  3. Master Droid
    clueless77's Avatar
    Member #
    223893
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    853
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    #13
    There is no app, you have to have the correct Motorola drivers and RSD lite installed on your computer and the proper SBF file downloaded and extracted because when you flash it you have to use the SBF file unzipped

    BAD ASS X
    CM 10 and AOKP
  4. Junior Droid
    sb9t's Avatar
    Member #
    240251
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10
    Phone
    MAXX
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless77 View Post
    There is no app, you have to have the correct Motorola drivers and RSD lite installed on your computer and the proper SBF file downloaded and extracted because when you flash it you have to use the SBF file unzipped

    BAD ASS X
    Yes, RSD lite! That's what I'm using I remember the name now that you wrote it. Okay so I guess I just have to try it again on a full battery.

    Thanks!
  5. Junior Droid
    sb9t's Avatar
    Member #
    240251
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10
    Phone
    MAXX
    #15
    I think I figured out a solution for RSD lite. I'm using windows 7 and I had to open RSD lite in compatability mode with full administrator privilages. In compatability mode I was able to SBF back to factory in under 10 minutes.

    I'm still can't boot to recovery though. I can get to the stock recovery but I see an error: E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command. I tried all the fixes I can find on this forum and google and I even SBF a 3rd time but nothing worked.

    Any help or direction would be appreciated.
  6. Junior Droid
    sb9t's Avatar
    Member #
    240251
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10
    Phone
    MAXX
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by sb9t View Post
    I think I figured out a solution for RSD lite. I'm using windows 7 and I had to open RSD lite in compatability mode with full administrator privilages. In compatability mode I was able to SBF back to factory in under 10 minutes.

    I'm still can't boot to recovery though. I can get to the stock recovery but I see an error: E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command. I tried all the fixes I can find on this forum and google and I even SBF a 3rd time but nothing worked.

    Any help or direction would be appreciated.
    Scratch that last post. I figured it out. I thought I had the flash process memoried but that was flashing from one custom rom to the other. I forgot to reinstall the droidx bootstrap. I'm off to flash apex again... wish me luck.

    Thank you for all your help clueless7!!
  7. Master Droid
    clueless77's Avatar
    Member #
    223893
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    853
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    #17
    No problem glad you got it figured out

    BAD ASS X
    CM 10 and AOKP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. HELP Bricked??
    By shaylinlea in forum Thunderbolt FAQ
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 09:54 AM
  2. Bricked droid and when I say bricked I mean it.
    By doylerules826 in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 10:40 AM
  3. I think im bricked :(
    By Cali831 in forum Droid X Rooted Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 11:03 PM
  4. phone bricked beyond bricked
    By stabl4life82 in forum Droid Rooted Help
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 05:31 PM
  5. phone bricked beyond bricked
    By stabl4life82 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 03:10 PM

Search tags for this page

apex 1.4.1 hung
,
bricked my droid x
,
droid
,
droid x 2.3.3 bricked
,
droid x baseband bricked
,
droid x brick recovery 2.3.3
,
droidx bricked from rooting
,
liquid gingerbread droid x bricked
,
rooted droid x bricked
,
rooted droid x bricked dec 2011
,
rooting bricked my droid
,

what baseband is 2.3.3 on droidx?

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+