Just finished installing 1.7, and for some reason, I cannot access any data connection with my phone. I am on Verizon, I see the little 3G icon, and sometimes, it even looks like data is being transferred for a split second, but I get nothing. Its almost like the intenret atenna has been turned off.
In fact, after I just installed ZS 1.7, when Android asks for a Google ID, I enter in valid account and I get: "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server." which is the stock reply if the intenret antenna is off.
If I skip the initial setup, I can make phone calls, connect through wifi and add my account (which I did), even establish my GPS location. But any apps or functions requiring 3g internet with wifi turned? nothing.
Here is exatcly what I did:
1) SBFed to Froyo following exact directions from U D G
2) Installed 588 using the three part file installation
3) Installed 595 following this forum link from droidforums
4) Installed Zombiestompred 1.7 exactly as discussed here: [ROM] ZombieStomped 1.7 (.595 DX GB Motoblur build)
5) when complete, I dialed *228 and pressed "1" to program my phone
6) dialed *228 and pressed "2" to update roaming
Any thoughts or help as to how I can get this phone to recognize an internet signal through 3g?
Thanks in advance.