DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71

Thread: [6/27/11] - SSX 2.0 - Built From Source - GB 2.3.4

  1. Developer
    ChevyNo1's Avatar
    Member #
    20299
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,355
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by haxerpaylay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    Liberty is not built from source is it? I know CVPCS has commented about battery life on the CM builds and is looking into it ...
    Hey chevy iv been running ssx for a couple days now, Its awesome being able to customize like this.

    Also could we make a thread on droidforums for known bugs, and for any bugs we find/ support we need. The site you posted it on doesn't really like my phone. Lol

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Glad you like it!

    Yes, that is fine - as long as everyone realizes that whatever the primary is (for that release) is the one that will get the most attention ...
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

    Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

    If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  2. Developer
    ChevyNo1's Avatar
    Member #
    20299
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,355
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaFan22 View Post
    Love the rom its fast and smooth and alot better battery than CM7.. thanks for the DX love chevy

    Tidefan22 Rocking some Cm7
    You're welcome, glad you are trying it out!
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

    Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

    If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  3. Developer
    ChevyNo1's Avatar
    Member #
    20299
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,355
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by king161316 View Post
    thanks chevy been really waiting for this since i had my droid one and just got the x a week ago could not find a rom to match up to any of urs till this one just cant wait for someone to make some themes for it hopefully bboy jumps into it really like his themes
    Yea, I'm sure more themes will come out in time!
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

    Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

    If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  4. Droid Newbie
    king161316's Avatar
    Member #
    102779
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    sharon
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #34
    any idea why your roms dont show up in rom manager anymore
  5. Junior Droid
    craig7220's Avatar
    Member #
    185450
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    10
    Phone
    droid x
    #35
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by king161316 View Post
    thanks chevy been really waiting for this since i had my droid one and just got the x a week ago could not find a rom to match up to any of urs till this one just cant wait for someone to make some themes for it hopefully bboy jumps into it really like his themes
    Yea, I'm sure more themes will come out in time!
    So far I have used 6 themes for CM7 and they all worked great.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  6. Developer
    ChevyNo1's Avatar
    Member #
    20299
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,355
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by king161316 View Post
    any idea why your roms dont show up in rom manager anymore
    The only ROM I've had in RM is for the OG Droid - I need to contact Koush to get the DX/TB/D2 added ... that will come!
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

    Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

    If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  7. Master Droid
    ABQNM's Avatar
    Member #
    126209
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    502
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @brandonjnunn
    Phone
    Number 48 - toro (VZW GNex)
    #37
    Background: I just got an FRU replacement from VZW, so I decided to try SSX 2.0 instead of ApeX 2.0.0 this time since I had to SBF anyway to get root.

    Impressions so far:

    WOW! I thought ApeX was fast, but this SCREAMS. No lag anywhere. Don't use camcorder that much, so no huge deal here right now. No reboots. Themes take a few reboots to stick, but they do eventually.

    One issue I am having is almost all changes in the settings menu require at least a hot boot to take. Even something as simple as enabling a password lock requires a reboot, where stock or ApeX or even CM7 on my OG Droid doesn't do that.

    I flashed the patches from the first post. This entire install was done from a fresh SBF of 2.3.340. I did not restore anything from TiBu or install any apps and it was doing this from the beginning. I tried formatting cache and dalvik again but that did not seem to help. Once I have everything set, it is not a big deal, but trying to change all your settings and having to reboot to see them take effect is a little tedious.

    Since the problem was not apps related, I restored my apps through TiBu. One thing I noticed about 250 times is the need to approve the permissions on every installed app with TiBu. Never used to do this. Is this maybe a 2.3.4 security "feature"?

    So far, none of these bugs or issues will prevent me from staying with this ROM. Great job as usual, Chevy!!
  8. Senior Droid
    TeeX's Avatar
    Member #
    168690
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    246
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #38
    WOW!

    Chevy, I gotta say this is hands-down, THE.BEST.ROM. I have ever used! The amount of customization just blows my mind! It's super fast, slick and smooth! Even in beta status, it blows away everything else. Congrats, and a HUGE thank you! I'll be buying you a couple beers when I get money transferred into my paypal


    I know it's beta and there are issues, but I have one problem that I've not read about yet: My phone won't stay off. When I turn my phone off it's fine, but if I try and charge it - either by plugging it into the charger or putting it on the multi-media dock, the phone boots up and turns on.

    Usually when I put the phone in the dock, the M logo hits, then the battery charger status (green battery) is on while it's charging, but with this ROM, when I put it in the dock or plug it in, the M logo turns on and then it continues into booting up. I really like having my phone off during the night for a few reasons, and this is aberrant behavior I"ve not seen before.

    Any help???
    Last edited by TeeX; 07-02-2011 at 03:50 AM.
  9. Master Droid
    ABQNM's Avatar
    Member #
    126209
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    502
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @brandonjnunn
    Phone
    Number 48 - toro (VZW GNex)
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeX View Post
    WOW!

    Chevy, I gotta say this is hands-down, THE.BEST.ROM. I have ever used! The amount of customization just blows my mind! It's super fast, slick and smooth! Even in beta status, it blows away everything else. Congrats, and a HUGE thank you! I'll be buying you a couple beers when I get money transferred into my paypal


    I know it's beta and there are issues, but I have one problem that I've not read about yet: My phone won't stay off. When I turn my phone off it's fine, but if I try and charge it - either by plugging it into the charger or putting it on the multi-media dock, the phone boots up and turns on.

    Usually when I put the phone in the dock, the M logo hits, then the battery charger status (green battery) is on while it's charging, but with this ROM the M logo turns on and then it continues into booting up. I really like having my phone off during the night for a few reasons, and this is aberrant behavior I"ve not seen before.

    Any help???
    I noticed this too, but I don't usually ever shut my phone off, so I didn't even think of it. One thing I noticed is that if you pull the battery and plug the phone into the charger it will actually boot up and operate without the battery installed at all!
  10. Master Droid
    ABQNM's Avatar
    Member #
    126209
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    502
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @brandonjnunn
    Phone
    Number 48 - toro (VZW GNex)
    #40
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQNM View Post
    Background: I just got an FRU replacement from VZW, so I decided to try SSX 2.0 instead of ApeX 2.0.0 this time since I had to SBF anyway to get root.

    Impressions so far:

    WOW! I thought ApeX was fast, but this SCREAMS. No lag anywhere. Don't use camcorder that much, so no huge deal here right now. No reboots. Themes take a few reboots to stick, but they do eventually.

    One issue I am having is almost all changes in the settings menu require at least a hot boot to take. Even something as simple as enabling a password lock requires a reboot, where stock or ApeX or even CM7 on my OG Droid doesn't do that.

    I flashed the patches from the first post. This entire install was done from a fresh SBF of 2.3.340. I did not restore anything from TiBu or install any apps and it was doing this from the beginning. I tried formatting cache and dalvik again but that did not seem to help. Once I have everything set, it is not a big deal, but trying to change all your settings and having to reboot to see them take effect is a little tedious.

    Since the problem was not apps related, I restored my apps through TiBu. One thing I noticed about 250 times is the need to approve the permissions on every installed app with TiBu. Never used to do this. Is this maybe a 2.3.4 security "feature"?

    So far, none of these bugs or issues will prevent me from staying with this ROM. Great job as usual, Chevy!!
    So... I have discovered my problem. It turns out to be related to the LCD density in the build.prop. I reinstalled from scratch and re-loaded data from nandroid and no issues. As soon as I modified the build.prop the issues returned. With the size of the screen on the X, I prefer to have the LCD density set to 200. With this ROM, when I set it to anything other than 240, I experience the problems with the settings not saving. Turns out this is a bigger issue than I first realized, as I am unable to change keyboards at all with the the modified LCD density.

    So... Chevy, if you happen to read this, I hope this is something you may be able to correct. This may be a deal breaker as I really dislike the stock density of 240, but I need to have the settings menu functional and be able to change keyboards.

    Thanks again Chevy!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [KERNEL] Fascinate Froyo Source (Built from Galaxy S I9000 Source)
    By TAPOUT27 in forum Samsung Fascinate Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 08:51 AM
  2. I don't want built-from-source
    By deputc26 in forum Bugless
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 08:06 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 05:52 PM
  4. V0.3 built from source?
    By thooten in forum Bugless
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 05:49 AM

Search tags for this page

chevyno1 ssx 2.0
,
droid x 2.3.4
,
droid x ssx 2.0
,

simply stunning 2.0 (ssx)

,
simply stunning 2.0 ssx
,

simply stunning x 2.0 download

,

ssx 2.0

,
ssx 2.0 download
,

ssx 2.0 droid x

,
ssx v2.0
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+