DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta (5/3/2011)

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabolous View Post
    And if your calendar doesn't work, it's because you didn't follow the instructions Wipe your data/cache, do a clean install. If you restore data or have data from the Blur calendar, it will break AOSP calendar.
    I did take instructions, but seemed to run into a jam, so factory reset, installed part 1, and calendar went from sync'd/viewable to editable... So... If you run into a jam regardless, once you verify the kernel update took, reset dalv cache and factory reset, then update only part 1 (part 2 might work - didn't take risk since it seemed only themed related) and it all seemed to work okay.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid x
    Sorry to sound like a noob, but if we install this rom with that kernel, what do we do when the official gingerbread update comes out?
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    1.3Ghz SoUrCeD OuT GNeXu$!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabolous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jgmarz View Post
    Will this work on .595 leak?
    This question gets asked a lot, but it actually makes zero sense, and I'll explain why.

The .595 leak just brings a new system, no baseband, no kernel. So when people ask if Apex "works" with the .595 leak, sure does. Because as soon as you install Apex over .595, it gets wiped out and replaced with Apex.

So stop asking. The question is pointless.

And before you ask the next question, NO, there will not be a build of Apex based on .595, because it is an irrelevant build. It's a 'stepping stone' towards the real OTA build (.596), which I will use to build the final version of Apex.

And if your calendar doesn't work, it's because you didn't follow the instructions Wipe your data/cache, do a clean install. If you restore data or have data from the Blur calendar, it will break AOSP calendar.
    Killa Fab SPeaks Loudly..LOL
    1.6Ghz SourceD out GNeXu$!!!
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    gingersensed thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Johnson View Post
    Sorry to sound like a noob, but if we install this rom with that kernel, what do we do when the official gingerbread update comes out?
    if you stay on apex, you wont even see the official OTA.

but if you want to loose root (you can probably get it back with gingerbreak) by taking the OTA, you are going to have to SBF back to 2.3.340 or get to P3's .595 GB update which will allow you to take the official OTA (again loosing root)
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid x
    So is there any difference between the leak now and the official one? Will there be any need to take the official update? Or am I just going to stay on this version with Apex?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dinc to wife now X
    I will be staying right here for the time being. When official froyo came out last year I did not upgrade to that until I had to sbf, and even then I wasn't there long, I only sbf'd so I could change roms. This is the best one so far after almost a year with this phone and I have tried the vast majority of roms for this phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    A 9mm might expand but a .45 will never shrink.

I don't have an anger problem,
    I have an idiot problem.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    OK this might sound like a dumb question but what original apk files are in the blur messaging suite so I know which files off of the removed blur app to reinstall....I am more worried bout getting facebook to link up to my contacts and using of blur messenger because right now my contacts currently are the ones from MyBackup and not with fb
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X, Rooted, blurLESS

Themes seem to hate me...

I've been playing with Liberty GB for awhile, and I like Apex GB MUCH better, everything about it is just much more stable. I never had any luck with installing themes... either on Liberty or on Apex. I always somehow end up in a bootloop.

Yes, I made sure I had the latest and greatest version of both the ROM and theme. Yes, I wiped cache and did a factory reset. Both before installing the ROM and installing the theme.

The last one I tried was the Blue Haze theme for Apex GB 2.0. Any ideas? Also, Fab, if you're reading this... just curious when it may be possible that we have a ROM without that dumb 3G Hotspot? I know I'm nitpicking to no end, but I sheer HATE that thing! Could it be as simple as replacing and editing the AOSP settings APK or is it more complex than that?

Thank you for all your hard work! I REFUSE to go stock and the only reason I am sticking with Gingerbread and not going back to Froyo is because of Apex GB!!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    @branshaw09
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S iii
    Quote Originally Posted by supermandroid View Post
    I've been playing with Liberty GB for awhile, and I like Apex GB MUCH better, everything about it is just much more stable. I never had any luck with installing themes... either on Liberty or on Apex. I always somehow end up in a bootloop.

Yes, I made sure I had the latest and greatest version of both the ROM and theme. Yes, I wiped cache and did a factory reset. Both before installing the ROM and installing the theme.

The last one I tried was the Blue Haze theme for Apex GB 2.0. Any ideas? Also, Fab, if you're reading this... just curious when it may be possible that we have a ROM without that dumb 3G Hotspot? I know I'm nitpicking to no end, but I sheer HATE that thing! Could it be as simple as replacing and editing the AOSP settings APK or is it more complex than that?

Thank you for all your hard work! I REFUSE to go stock and the only reason I am sticking with Gingerbread and not going back to Froyo is because of Apex GB!!
    The themes dont hate you, their just not built for the BETA. Those themes (Tomatoe and Blue Haze) only work on the Alpha builds (.588). The devs aren't going to rebuild the themes until there is a final GB just like Fab isnt going to put out a final ROM until the final GB drops (hopefully this week).
    As for the hot spot app, just go into TB and freeze it. Done its gone! ;o)
    Last edited by B-RAN; 05-11-2011 at 03:13 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - nearing death once T Mobile SIM arrives
    Nexus 4 - Stock, Rooted and Unlocked
    Nexus 7 - Stock, Rooted and Unlocked
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    @branshaw09
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S iii
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDroid View Post
    OK this might sound like a dumb question but what original apk files are in the blur messaging suite so I know which files off of the removed blur app to reinstall....I am more worried bout getting facebook to link up to my contacts and using of blur messenger because right now my contacts currently are the ones from MyBackup and not with fb
    Messaging and Conversation for SMS/MMS
    BlurEmail and BlurEmailEngine for Email

I also do the Universal Inbox.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - nearing death once T Mobile SIM arrives
    Nexus 4 - Stock, Rooted and Unlocked
    Nexus 7 - Stock, Rooted and Unlocked
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Links