DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta (5/3/2011)

1. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    BHuber09
    Phone
    GNex
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    When i try and flash this, which ive done twice now, i get this bootloader error message. Ive never gotten it before. It says err: A5, 69, 35, 00, 27. Any ideas?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    gingersensed thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennan_Huber View Post
    When i try and flash this, which ive done twice now, i get this bootloader error message. Ive never gotten it before. It says err: A5, 69, 35, 00, 27. Any ideas?
    Did you check the MD5 sums? Sounds like a bad DL to me

This message was probably sent from the can
  3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    BHuber09
    Phone
    GNex
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Yes I did, I actually downloaded it twice and got the same thing. However I gave up and tried the liberty one and boom same problem. So im guessing it's my GB so im redownloading that.

FreeMyMoto!!!
    FreeMyMoto!!!
    FreeMyMoto!!!
    FreeMyMoto!!!
    Nastiest Crew Takeover!!!
    If You Need Help P.M Me
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dinc to wife now X
    You're already on gingerbread?
    &
    You're using Droid2 bootstrap?
    Just asking.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    A 9mm might expand but a .45 will never shrink.

I don't have an anger problem,
    I have an idiot problem.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X - Apex 2.0b
    Quote Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Int_Rnd_Pooka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ColourMiiWorld View Post

I also need to know the calendar solution =/
    I'm experiencing the same issue with the calendar here. When trying to edit or create an event, it drops back to the previous calendar view after a momentary flash of the edit screen. If anyone's come up with either a solution or workaround via a different calendar program, news of it would be greatly appreciated!
    I would be glad to help you guys out. i have a working version of calendar. i did have the same issue you guys were having. it was caused because i did an advanced nandroid data restore from a blurry ROM. the blurry ROM was using the blur calendar, and APEX is using the AOSP calendar.

now this may mess something up, but you can try to clear data/cache for the calendar and see if that works. your events should still be there because the calendar syncs with google.

if that doesn't work, you could try deleting calendar with titanium (or renaming it with root explorer) then flash apex again in clockwork without a data wipe. this should get rid of the AOSP calendar with the blur data, then when you flash apex again, it should restore the aosp calendar with no other data in there. this is all theoretical, do this at your own risk.
    but if you didn't freeze/delete anything after flashing apex, you should be in working order.

i can give you a list of my system apps if someone knows of an easy way to do this
    I came off of stock GB when I did this, but did not clear/wipe. I'm going to do a backup, then see what I can see. Perhaps this will help. I'd say stock GB counts as "Blurry" Thanks in advance for the idea, and I'll update when I have news to add.

-- Update1 : Installed the first package for Apex 2.0.0beta and I have the AOSP Calendar present. It will not launch from the drawer in ADW.
    -- Update2 : Installed the second package for Apex. Calendar still does not open. It's as though it's a dead link in the App Drawer, though the Calendar.apk and CalendarProvider.apk are both present in /system/apps

Any idea if clearing solely the Dalvik-cache might be any help?
    Last edited by Int_Rnd_Pooka; 05-10-2011 at 05:00 AM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I installed directly from Liberty v.4 (.588) doing the following:

1. wiped cache/data/dalvik/battery stats
    2. installed Apex zip 1 (already on new kernel)
    3. upon boot downloaded all apps fresh from market and ONLY restored data to user apps
    4. rebooted into cw and installed zip 2
    5. reboot

I have no issues with the calendar or anything else for that matter. Imo advanced data restores and not doing full wipes is a bad idea for obvious reasons stated by those with issues. I would try wiping everything in clockwork you can wipe and then reinstall apex zip 1. Then DO NOT restore anything data and see if you have the same issues.
    Last edited by mcp770; 05-10-2011 at 07:01 AM.
    Droid X - Deodexed, Liguid Gingerbread 2.3, QuickClock Advanced balanced. Go Launcher and SwiftKey. Handcent SMS.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motororola DroidX

Will this work on .595 leak?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @Central_Park928
    Phone
    DROID 4
    Quote Originally Posted by jgmarz View Post

you can give it a go if you'd like, but i'd wait till Fab comfirms that Apex is workin with the .595
    Rooted Droid4 Runnin on ICS(.217)
    -Rocking the CM9 7/25 nightly

..Rooted Attrix2 on Sonya v4
    ..Rooted DroidX on Apex v2.00
  9. Superuser
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    bigxie
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
    DroidForums.net Developer
    This question gets asked a lot, but it actually makes zero sense, and I'll explain why.

The .595 leak just brings a new system, no baseband, no kernel. So when people ask if Apex "works" with the .595 leak, sure does. Because as soon as you install Apex over .595, it gets wiped out and replaced with Apex.

So stop asking. The question is pointless.

And before you ask the next question, NO, there will not be a build of Apex based on .595, because it is an irrelevant build. It's a 'stepping stone' towards the real OTA build (.596), which I will use to build the final version of Apex.

And if your calendar doesn't work, it's because you didn't follow the instructions Wipe your data/cache, do a clean install. If you restore data or have data from the Blur calendar, it will break AOSP calendar.

Member #
    Phone
    Droid X - Apex 2.0b
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabolous View Post
    This question gets asked a lot, but it actually makes zero sense, and I'll explain why.

The .595 leak just brings a new system, no baseband, no kernel. So when people ask if Apex "works" with the .595 leak, sure does. Because as soon as you install Apex over .595, it gets wiped out and replaced with Apex.

So stop asking. The question is pointless.

And before you ask the next question, NO, there will not be a build of Apex based on .595, because it is an irrelevant build. It's a 'stepping stone' towards the real OTA build (.596), which I will use to build the final version of Apex.

And if your calendar doesn't work, it's because you didn't follow the instructions Wipe your data/cache, do a clean install. If you restore data or have data from the Blur calendar, it will break AOSP calendar.
    Thanks. I could have sworn I read that an update from 2.0a didn't require a wipe. I was wrong, it seems. Appreciate the reply on it!
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Links