DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Petition to Motorola

  1. Master Droid
    BackSeatSuicide's Avatar
    Member #
    154509
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    576
    Twitter
    BackSeatSuicide
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Note 3
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAngel8381 View Post
    Due to the issues with the website, can someone repost the link if it is working correctly?? Thanks!!
    The link in the OG post worked for me like 2min ago.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Verizon has been screwing the dev. community for years. The petition works, That step begins here https://www.change.org/petitions/kwo...-3-bootloaders
  2. Master Droid
    IceAngel8381's Avatar
    Member #
    166343
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    251
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #12
    Ok....I'll check again.
  3. Master Droid
    BackSeatSuicide's Avatar
    Member #
    154509
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    576
    Twitter
    BackSeatSuicide
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Note 3
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAngel8381 View Post
    Due to the issues with the website, can someone repost the link if it is working correctly?? Thanks!!
    Click on the link and it takes you to the sites homepage and right at the top you should see something that talks about the bootloader petetion, just click on that. I got to the correct page and saw everyones sigs but I don't see where I can put my sig on the petetion

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Verizon has been screwing the dev. community for years. The petition works, That step begins here https://www.change.org/petitions/kwo...-3-bootloaders
  4. Droid
    Drummynator's Avatar
    Member #
    166992
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    58
    Phone
    Droid X
    #14
    The petition is great and all (yes i've signed it, and have even got most of my friends to sign it) but the only sure fire way to get them to notice something's not right is a drop in profits or sales. It all goes back to the money. When Motorola first marketed the original Droid, it was advertised as an anti-iPhone-phone. They basically showed off all of the features that the Droid could do resulting in the advertising of Droid Does. One of the biggest features they advertised was the "hackability" of the device.

    Motorola is now taking away one of the key features of the phone that practically kept them from going out of business. I guess they see root as a bad thing even though it's basically a necessity for linux machines, android being one of them. I can understand that WiFi tether is illegal and they'd want to prevent that, but getting rid of root completely just doesn't make sense.

    Taking away a feature that resurrected the company is definitely going to come back around and bite them in the rear. That, to me, seems like the only time they will realize that root is just as important as everything else in the android business. I bet a lot of root lovers will end up with samsung soon since they say they aren't locking their bootloaders unless Google says that they need to (which probably wont happen). When will the companies ever learn they need to listen to the community and the business will run itself?
    Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work done.
    -- Linus Torvalds
    _______________________
    @Drummynator
  5. Master Droid
    BackSeatSuicide's Avatar
    Member #
    154509
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    576
    Twitter
    BackSeatSuicide
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Note 3
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummynator View Post
    The petition is great and all (yes i've signed it, and have even got most of my friends to sign it) but the only sure fire way to get them to notice something's not right is a drop in profits or sales. It all goes back to the money. When Motorola first marketed the original Droid, it was advertised as an anti-iPhone-phone. They basically showed off all of the features that the Droid could do resulting in the advertising of Droid Does. One of the biggest features they advertised was the "hackability" of the device.

    Motorola is now taking away one of the key features of the phone that practically kept them from going out of business. I guess they see root as a bad thing even though it's basically a necessity for linux machines, android being one of them. I can understand that WiFi tether is illegal and they'd want to prevent that, but getting rid of root completely just doesn't make sense.

    Taking away a feature that resurrected the company is definitely going to come back around and bite them in the rear. That, to me, seems like the only time they will realize that root is just as important as everything else in the android business. I bet a lot of root lovers will end up with samsung soon since they say they aren't locking their bootloaders unless Google says that they need to (which probably wont happen). When will the companies ever learn they need to listen to the community and the business will run itself?
    They are starting to see a drop in sales already. Cause a lot of people have switched to HTC or Samsung because they unlock their bootloaders, Even people who loved their Droid phones, have switched, even tho they didn't want to not use whichever Droid they had, cause they are great phones, but the unlocked bootloader is worth switching manufactures for. And I really believe moto is starting to see this. So we just gotta keep up the petitions and other things were doing to show them the facts and especially that its in their best interest to unlock the bootloader, it will increase their sells and profits and customer base as well as keep exsisting customers from jumping ship. So as soon as they see all that, they will come around. I have faith in that fact.

    Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1
    Verizon has been screwing the dev. community for years. The petition works, That step begins here https://www.change.org/petitions/kwo...-3-bootloaders
  6. Droid
    Drummynator's Avatar
    Member #
    166992
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    58
    Phone
    Droid X
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by BackSeatSuicide View Post
    They are starting to see a drop in sales already. Cause a lot of people have switched to HTC or Samsung because they unlock their bootloaders, Even people who loved their Droid phones, have switched, even tho they didn't want to not use whichever Droid they had, cause they are great phones, but the unlocked bootloader is worth switching manufactures for. And I really believe moto is starting to see this. So we just gotta keep up the petitions and other things were doing to show them the facts and especially that its in their best interest to unlock the bootloader, it will increase their sells and profits and customer base as well as keep exsisting customers from jumping ship. So as soon as they see all that, they will come around. I have faith in that fact.

    Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1
    Well I hope that they have an unlocked bootloader on a phone by may or june. Maybe they're delaying the droid bionic to unlock it? Not probable but possible. Keep hopes up everyone!

    Sent from my Focused DROID X
    Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work done.
    -- Linus Torvalds
    _______________________
    @Drummynator
  7. Master Droid
    BackSeatSuicide's Avatar
    Member #
    154509
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    576
    Twitter
    BackSeatSuicide
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Note 3
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummynator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BackSeatSuicide View Post
    They are starting to see a drop in sales already. Cause a lot of people have switched to HTC or Samsung because they unlock their bootloaders, Even people who loved their Droid phones, have switched, even tho they didn't want to not use whichever Droid they had, cause they are great phones, but the unlocked bootloader is worth switching manufactures for. And I really believe moto is starting to see this. So we just gotta keep up the petitions and other things were doing to show them the facts and especially that its in their best interest to unlock the bootloader, it will increase their sells and profits and customer base as well as keep exsisting customers from jumping ship. So as soon as they see all that, they will come around. I have faith in that fact.

    Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1
    Well I hope that they have an unlocked bootloader on a phone by may or june. Maybe they're delaying the droid bionic to unlock it? Not probable but possible. Keep hopes up everyone!

    Sent from my Focused DROID X
    I'm hoping that when they decide to unlock the bootloader that there will be a way to make the phones we already own have an unlocked bootloader. Like hopefully thru a software update that will send a new signature to the bootloader and permanently unlock it. But if not, at least the next moto phone I get will be unlocked if they do agree to unlock them from now on. Which like I said, I have a lot of faith that they will! And If they do, then I will be a moto customer for a long time to come. But if they don't do it by the time I am eligable for upgrade again, then HTC here I come. Or maybe even Samsung cause I read an article on Engadget saying that Samsung has agreed to continue to keep their bootloaders unlocked. But they will have to come out with something that is better then the Galaxy S. Cause right now the Glaxay S is an awesome phone from what I've heard and from what I've experienced playing around on my buddies, but HTC has some better ones. And my Droid X is better then all of em in my opinion. Well except the screen. OLED screens are beautiful. That's the only thing (besides the locked bootloader obviously lol) that dissapointed me about the Droid X. But I'm sure Moto will start going with OLED soon. Which speaking off, anyone know what kind of screen the Xoom has?

    Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1
    Last edited by BackSeatSuicide; 04-20-2011 at 07:34 PM.
    Verizon has been screwing the dev. community for years. The petition works, That step begins here https://www.change.org/petitions/kwo...-3-bootloaders
  8. Droid
    Drummynator's Avatar
    Member #
    166992
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    58
    Phone
    Droid X
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by BackSeatSuicide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummynator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BackSeatSuicide View Post
    They are starting to see a drop in sales already. Cause a lot of people have switched to HTC or Samsung because they unlock their bootloaders, Even people who loved their Droid phones, have switched, even tho they didn't want to not use whichever Droid they had, cause they are great phones, but the unlocked bootloader is worth switching manufactures for. And I really believe moto is starting to see this. So we just gotta keep up the petitions and other things were doing to show them the facts and especially that its in their best interest to unlock the bootloader, it will increase their sells and profits and customer base as well as keep exsisting customers from jumping ship. So as soon as they see all that, they will come around. I have faith in that fact.

    Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1
    Well I hope that they have an unlocked bootloader on a phone by may or june. Maybe they're delaying the droid bionic to unlock it? Not probable but possible. Keep hopes up everyone!

    Sent from my Focused DROID X
    I'm hoping that when they decide to unlock the bootloader that there will be a way to make the phones we already own have an unlocked bootloader. Like hopefully thru a software update that will send a new signature to the bootloader and permanently unlock it. But if not, at least the next moto phone I get will be unlocked if they do agree to unlock them from now on. Which like I said, I have a lot of faith that they will! And If they do, then I will be a moto customer for a long time to come. But if they don't do it by the time I am eligable for upgrade again, then HTC here I come. Or maybe even Samsung cause I read an article on Engadget saying that Samsung has agreed to continue to keep their bootloaders unlocked. But they will have to come out with something that is better then the Galaxy S. Cause right now the Glaxay S is an awesome phone from what I've heard and from what I've experienced playing around on my buddies, but HTC has some better ones. And my Droid X is better then all of em in my opinion. Well except the screen. OLED screens are beautiful. That's the only thing (besides the locked bootloader obviously lol) that dissapointed me about the Droid X. But I'm sure Moto will start going with OLED soon. Which speaking off, anyone know what kind of screen the Xoom has?

    Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1
    I agree 100%
    Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work done.
    -- Linus Torvalds
    _______________________
    @Drummynator
  9. Droid Newbie
    Nil.Tilala's Avatar
    Member #
    192458
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Droid X
    #19
    I contacted a motorola rep and when i asked about when motorola planned on unlocking the bootloader he had no idea. I am seriously beginning to hate motorola. Even when they create a new phone they add a camera but take some ram or add another processor but take away a lot of memory. JUST MAKE A GOOD PHONE!
  10. Droid
    Drummynator's Avatar
    Member #
    166992
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    58
    Phone
    Droid X
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil.Tilala View Post
    I contacted a motorola rep and when i asked about when motorola planned on unlocking the bootloader he had no idea. I am seriously beginning to hate motorola. Even when they create a new phone they add a camera but take some ram or add another processor but take away a lot of memory. JUST MAKE A GOOD PHONE!
    I also tried to talk to motorola and the person I was talking to didn't know what a boot loader is. I wish I could build my phone like I build my computers.

    Sent from my Focused DROID X
    Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work done.
    -- Linus Torvalds
    _______________________
    @Drummynator
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Lets petition to get UD or CM to make a mod for us!
    By patfactorx in forum Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 01:48 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 06:52 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 06:44 AM
  4. Petition: Unlock the X's Bootloader
    By Tanknspank in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 05:08 AM
  5. Droid Forums App - Petition
    By hondaguy520 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 06:47 PM

Search tags for this page

anti moterola petition
,
bootloader freedom petitino
,
motorola hardware petition
,

motorola petition

,
motorola petition source
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+