DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 621
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Possible Ways to Crack the Bootloader

  1. Developer
    13th angel's Avatar
    Member #
    161319
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Auburn, Alabama
    Posts
    2,102
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #41
    If you want my help you got it to. The whole subject of cryptology has always facinated me (same with any type of pregramming). I have almost no knowledge of either but I have plenty of spare time. So if you have something specific for me to work on I can.

    @alias, pm me if you need my email for one of those emails too.

    Sent from my Liberated D2G
    CM9 builds for D2G, D2, and DX
  2. Developer
    devortex's Avatar
    Member #
    103336
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    352
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    devvortex
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #42
    Just a noob observation here, but hasn't tbh kind of already done this to a limited degree? They've got the update.zip files used in the maderstoc package and whatever other name its floating under. If we can jump just one level left or right in the bootloader and kernel, can't we just hijack these update.zip files with any kernel we want?

    Probably not, must be checking something within kernel, but if we can isolate the bits, can we just inject those bits into custom kernels? Someone just isolate the bits, duh.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

    Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen
    ~ Edward V Berard
  3. Developer
    13th angel's Avatar
    Member #
    161319
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Auburn, Alabama
    Posts
    2,102
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #43
    If we knew what bits to isolate then we wouldn't be having this problem, we would have unlocked bootloaders and cm for all. Everyone would be happy, and then we could get to work on new stuff rather than cracking current stuff.

    Sent from my Liberated D2G
    CM9 builds for D2G, D2, and DX
  4. Senior Droid
    ahC_hED's Avatar
    Member #
    180328
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Posts
    171
    Phone
    Droid2 of Shame!
    #44
    Has anyone got access to the public key?

    Sent from my DROID2 of shame.
  5. Developer
    devortex's Avatar
    Member #
    103336
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    352
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    devvortex
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #45
    Quote Originally Posted by 13th angel View Post
    If we knew what bits to isolate then we wouldn't be having this problem, we would have unlocked bootloaders and cm for all. Everyone would be happy, and then we could get to work on new stuff rather than cracking current stuff.

    Sent from my Liberated D2G
    Exactly, lets get on that. I'm gonna go with 01101101 01101111 01110100 01101111 01110010 01101111 01101100 01100001 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101100 00110011 00110011 01110100

    We all just have to remember 2 things:
    1. Its all just 1's and 0's
    2. There is no spoon


    But seriously. I'm in no way even remotely knowledgeable to figure any of this out. I just hope that no one overlooks something completely stupid and obvious. That's why I think the forums are great in that people are going to express crazy off the wall ideas as well as very technical accurate ideas.

    Apparently other device manufacturers are working towards moto's ways. HTC is trying to lock the Nexus S apparently. Good thing for htc users is that htc isn't that good at locking things. Its like they lock the door, but don't close it all the way, so you just have to push on it a bit...

    Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen
    ~ Edward V Berard
  6. Developer
    WugFresh's Avatar
    Member #
    124122
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    594
    Liked
    33 times
    Twitter
    @wugfresh
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #46
    If the manufacturers wanted to they could all start using SHA-2 and we would all be screwed, there are simply to many possibilities to ever be able to crack that encryption scheme. You would need a leak... well... unless you somehow managed to invent and build a farm of quantum computers that simultaneously calculated every possible scenario using the law of superposition.. but I am afraid we are not quite there yet regarding computer technology.

    Luckily for us I'm pretty sure they used SHA-1 on this device which still is no walk in the park, but should theoretically be crackable using hash collisions (with a little fairy dust, a few drops of phonix blood, and some unicorn tears for good measure).

    @aliasxerog
    I look forward to you bringing me up to speed so I can get started on this, I also agree with you about posting information here (unless for whatever it is not publicly available.. or shouldn't be posted but will help... then email it). When there's a will there a way! (well.. thats almost true regarding encryption.. lol). I have the will, and hopefully can learn the way.

    However, I must say, that if by some chance we actually are able to crack it, I strongly doubt it would remain a viable solution for future devices, Moto and other manufacturers would just strike back with more beastly encryption. It's always a cat and mouse game.

    Regardless, lets collide some hashes!

    {{ WugFresh }}
    Last edited by WugFresh; 03-24-2011 at 07:35 AM.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!):
    +Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0

    ..:: Follow me on twitter @WugFresh::..
  7. Senior Droid
    ahC_hED's Avatar
    Member #
    180328
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Posts
    171
    Phone
    Droid2 of Shame!
    #47
    I'm also willing to help out with what I can, I know a little about some programming/reverse engineering and I can do whatever research is needed.

    Sent from my DROID2 of shame.
  8. Developer
    WugFresh's Avatar
    Member #
    124122
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    594
    Liked
    33 times
    Twitter
    @wugfresh
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #48
    Quote Originally Posted by ahC_hED View Post
    I'm also willing to help out with what I can, I know a little about some programming/reverse engineering and I can do whatever research is needed.

    Sent from my DROID2 of shame.
    Research is needed. Any resources on hash collisions or SHA-1 encryption you could dig up would be very beneficial. It doesn't matter how complicated, convoluted, or extrodinarily long they might be.. any good resource would help. 95% of the challenge is going to be understanding what the hell it is I actually am trying to do, but actually doing it will probably boil down to writing up a complex function, running it through software and then doing a bunch of testing. Right now information is needed and is the most valuable piece of the puzzle.

    Last night, I sent an email to a math professor I had here to see if he would be willing to meet with me and go over whats involved. I didn't really specify the nature of my side project, I just told him that it involved hash collisions. I am hoping I get a response today. I fully plan on using any and every resource that's available to me, but regardless please help by posting information on this subject matter if you are able to do so.

    I would like to actually know what I am talking about before I meet with people who have real expertise so I can ask them specific questions. No one person is going to teach me everything they know.

    {{ WugFresh }}
    Last edited by WugFresh; 03-24-2011 at 08:26 AM.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!):
    +Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0

    ..:: Follow me on twitter @WugFresh::..
  9. Senior Droid
    DJxPanda's Avatar
    Member #
    171323
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    126
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #49
    Quote Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
    If the manufacturers wanted to they could all start using SHA-2 and we would all be screwed, there are simply to many possibilities to ever be able to crack that encryption scheme. You would need a leak... well... unless you somehow managed to invent and build a farm of quantum computers that simultaneously calculated every possible scenario using the law of superposition.. but I am afraid we are not quite there yet regarding computer technology.

    Luckily for us I'm pretty sure they used SHA-1 on this device which still is no walk in the park, but should theoretically be crackable using hash collisions (with a little fairy dust, a few drops of phonix blood, and some unicorn tears for good measure).

    @aliasxerog
    I look forward to you bringing me up to speed so I can get started on this, I also agree with you about posting information here (unless for whatever it is not publicly available.. or shouldn't be posted but will help... then email it). When there's a will there a way! (well.. thats almost true regarding encryption.. lol). I have the will, and hopefully can learn the way.

    However, I must say, that if by some chance we actually are able to crack it, I strongly doubt it would remain a viable solution for future devices, Moto and other manufacturers would just strike back with more beastly encryption. It's always a cat and mouse game.

    Regardless, lets collide some hashes!

    {{ WugFresh }}
    Wug, what u do to prevent moto goin nuts on the encryption is you release your finding a week or so before motos next phone comes out. Then more than likely, they will have alrdy sent out phones that have the exploit still. So those will b ok. Then, depending on what moto does, either look for a new exploit early, or enjoi ur cracked phone. Same deal happened with the iphone. What we hope for is that moto doesnt do a hardware or software change for the next phones.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  10. Master Droid
    KHeeney5's Avatar
    Member #
    142409
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    631
    Phone
    DROID X!
    #50
    Okay I'm just going out on a limb here and asking if there is a "signed" image file like is seen here:

    HTC Thunderbolt, Incredible S First in Series of Devices With Tightened Encryption? | Android Phone Fans

    Or is the whole file signed?

    Is someone overlooking a simple signed file that could be hidden god knows where?
    Droid X - ApeX MY ROOT/ROM GUIDE!
    ...patiently waiting Cyanogen Mod.
Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Skype Crack for TB??
    By xashaffer in forum Thunderbolt Hacks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 10:26 AM
  2. What's that document that nobody can crack?
    By Hobn in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 08:29 AM
  3. Bootloader Crack Imminent
    By Druuseph in forum Motorola Droid 2 Development
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 06:38 PM
  4. Alchemy = crack
    By phreek in forum Android Games
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 10:52 AM
  5. new ways to do wallpapers
    By lcarbrey in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 07:13 AM

Search tags for this page

android bootloader crack
,
android crack bootloader
,

bootloader crack

,

crack bootloader

,
droid x bootloader crack
,

how to crack a bootloader

,

how to crack bootloader

,
how to crack the bootloader
,
how to decrypt a bootloader
,
how to hack a bootloader
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+