DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Drivers] Droid X Bluetooth Driver

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    gibsonsg98
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxidian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Habe View Post
    Looking at the bottom of the page Luca992 posted with the wifi driver, bluetooth is listed as a ToDo.

TODO

• Add information on WLAN-BT co-existence
    • Add porting instructions for Android OS
    • Add more information required for new HW bringup

wl12xx - Linux Wireless

Could they be right in there already?
    Are you suggesting they might be in the wifi drivers we got working the other day?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
    That was my thought as I am reading through these websites. It reminded me of the VIA driver packs I used to dl for an old PC motherboard I had. Can there be multi-driver packs for Android development?

Also here is a bunch of TI Android development info from their site I just came across.

Texas Instruments Android Development Kit

I have not gone through all of it (there's a lot) but there is WL1271 info listed with bluetooth info in the user guide I was reading through.
    Droid X - ApeX 1.4.1 OC 1.15ghz ulv
    Twitter - gibsonsg98
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Smile

I think I found something very useful. On the same web site with the wl12xx they actually provide a service for making people drivers! It looks like they do not even charge for the service beyond providing them a sample device for them to develop on.

CompanyProcess < Main < Foswiki

This is found under the vendor tab on

Welcome - Linux Wireless

Free Linux Wireless Driver Development!

If you are a wireless vendor and would like to see a driver for your hardware in Linux we have good news for you. We will write the driver for you for free! In addition we will also commit to keep testing it through the different kernel versions and support it for you through our community effort. Please note that we are prepared to deal with NDAs. We have arranged a program with the Linux-Foundation to work with NDAs for drivers. NDAs are usually signed either to keep information about the device private until it is announced at a specific date, or to just keep the actual specification documents from being released to the public directly. All code created by this NDA program is to be released under the GPL for inclusion in the main kernel tree, nothing will be obfuscated at all.

If you would like us to write a driver for you please review the CompanyProcess at linuxdriverproject.org effort.

Plus they would make everything open source like aliasxerog wants!
    Last edited by Luca992; 02-21-2011 at 02:23 PM.
  3. Team FreeMyMoto
    Member #
    Twitter
    Jaxidian
    Phone
    G1 -> DX -> Nook -> TBolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    So Alias tried bluetooth with the wifi drivers last night and gets different results but it ultimately hard resets. We need more for bluetooth.

Support @FreeMyMoto
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    gibsonsg98
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxidian View Post
    So Alias tried bluetooth with the wifi drivers last night and gets different results but it ultimately hard resets. We need more for bluetooth.

Does this information from the TI development page have any use? It seems like there is a ton of stuff mentioning drivers. ( Texas Instruments Android Development Kit )

More specifically in the WLAN/Bluetooth section: Android wireless build and porting guide - Texas Instruments Embedded Processors Wiki
    Twitter - gibsonsg98
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    gibsonsg98
    Phone
    Droid X
    I also ran aLogcat to see what was coming up when I switched on and off bluetooth. There were some mentions of "bluez" and I had seen this yesterday when reading through stuff. I did a search and this turned up:

Bluetooth | Android Open Source
    https://sites.google.com/a/android.c.../bluetooth-faq
    Last edited by Habe; 02-22-2011 at 06:24 PM.
    Twitter - gibsonsg98
  6. Team FreeMyMoto
    Member #
    Twitter
    Jaxidian
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Habe View Post
    I also ran aLogcat to see what was coming up when I switched on and off bluetooth. There were some mentions of "bluez" and I had seen this yesterday when reading through stuff. I did a search and this turned up:

Bluetooth | Android Open Source
    Thanks for this info. Putting these two pages together, I wonder if something useful can be had from here. There are download links and ultimately links to take you to some source code.

The FAQ page you linked to says:
    [Android is] based on Bluez version 3.36.
    Support @FreeMyMoto
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Jaxidian sorry to bring this up again but I looked at that site where I got the wifi divers again and I really can't find anything that says you have to pay for the driver development services. Unless you mean we cant afford to donate a droid x, then I understand. From what I understand it is a free service, so how wouldn't it be affordable?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca992 View Post
    Jaxidian sorry to bring this up again but I looked at that site where I got the wifi divers again and I really can't find anything that says you have to pay for the driver development services. Unless you mean we cant afford to donate a droid x, then I understand. From what I understand it is a free service, so how wouldn't it be affordable?

I think that ties into the last post in this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/pro...-needed-2.html

Has anybody hit up JfGirard0423? He's willing to donate a Droid X to have it's drivers developed professionally, so if he comes through that would wipe out the whole no resources thing. It's worth a shot, so is there any word on that?
  9. Team FreeMyMoto
    Member #
    Twitter
    Jaxidian
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca992 View Post

I was under the impression that they were a consulting service charging for their labor. I guess I was mistaken. Will look more into this. However, based on their FAQ, they say that they expect manufacturer support, which they surely won't get in our case.

I've joined the mailing list and will see what's up.
    Support @FreeMyMoto
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I have been following your progress for a few days now. I just got my droid x about 2 weeks ago and was disappointed to find the bootloader locked. I am excited to see your progress guys, keep up the good work!

I did some searching for the bluetooth driver info. Here's a faq site I came up with. I don't know much when it comes to this stuff, so I don't know if it's much help:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links