DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost Original Rooted Backup

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Lost Original Rooted Backup

I made a backup of my verizon Rom after I rooted it and before I installed a custom Rom. Now I seemed to have lost the backup. Can I use someone elses droid x backup to restore my phone to its original verizon rom??

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X Rooted
    In theory you can but unless you have a really good friend, I don't think that anybody is going to give you one the main reason being it has all your information inside that back up. You may have to look into sbf back to stock.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Thanks for the reply. I have already gotten the backup from my friend. I just wanted to make sure I can use it.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X Rooted
    Just make sure that you are using the right one for your system. For example don't use the .215 on the new .340 other than that you should be good

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    He has the same as me. We rooted ours at the same time. Thanks for the help.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    This is pointless really. If you just had a rooted stock verizon "clean" rom backed up why not just run the maderstcok340.zip which takes you to stock ota 340 in five minutes then use z4root taking one minute to reroot? I think you could return to that clean state faster than restoring a backup.

I keep 4 key files on my sd card at all times. 1. maderstock340.zip 2. bootstrap recovery.apk 3. z4root.apk 4. current rom of choice Doing this I can be back to stock within moments and install a new rom or update whenever I need to do so. Nandroids are only handy when switching between roms alot which I rarely do.
    Droid X - Deodexed, Liguid Gingerbread 2.3, QuickClock Advanced balanced. Go Launcher and SwiftKey. Handcent SMS.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Thanks for the info. I guess I should have just asked for the easiest way to get back to my stock rom. I've never used maderstcok340. Do you have some more info about it. I really appreciate your help.
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X, Rooted, blurLESS
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp770 View Post
    This is pointless really. If you just had a rooted stock verizon "clean" rom backed up why not just run the maderstcok340.zip which takes you to stock ota 340 in five minutes then use z4root taking one minute to reroot? I think you could return to that clean state faster than restoring a backup.

I keep 4 key files on my sd card at all times. 1. maderstock340.zip 2. bootstrap recovery.apk 3. z4root.apk 4. current rom of choice Doing this I can be back to stock within moments and install a new rom or update whenever I need to do so. Nandroids are only handy when switching between roms alot which I rarely do.
    There's no point in talking down to him. He simply asked a question, and maderstock340 isn't as thoroughly discussed as nandroid backups. It is a definitely a good idea to keep those 4 files on your phone as well as on your computer with at least one nandroid backup just to be safe.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I don't think he was talking down to me. I appreciate all the info i can get. I have one more question. My phone is already at 340. Can I still use maderstcok to flash my phone back to stock??
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by kensicks17 View Post
    I don't think he was talking down to me. I appreciate all the info i can get. I have one more question. My phone is already at 340. Can I still use maderstcok to flash my phone back to stock??
    Yes, it's basically the same thing as doing a .sbf and it only takes 3-4 minutes. I definitely definitely suggest wiping Data and Cache before hand though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links