DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dialer issue

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    GNex

Dialer issue

Really liking this rom, came from SS roms on my D1, and had zero issues so far, but just now my phone quit working. I go to my phone and contacts would load, but go to dialer and it would kick me out to the home screen. Not FC, just boot me to the home screen. Ran fix permissions on rom manager, no joy, ended up doing a restore and all good. Only recent changes are the themed keyboard and the leaked music player, uninstalled the music player.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by 9wire View Post
    Really liking this rom, came from SS roms on my D1, and had zero issues so far, but just now my phone quit working. I go to my phone and contacts would load, but go to dialer and it would kick me out to the home screen. Not FC, just boot me to the home screen. Ran fix permissions on rom manager, no joy, ended up doing a restore and all good. Only recent changes are the themed keyboard and the leaked music player, uninstalled the music player.
    Did you install this with ROM Manager? I know it seems like the easy way for

for ROM installations, especially if your not comfortable moving around in Clockwork

yourself. But a LOT of issues come from installing any ROM with ROM manager.

I highly recommend doing a fresh install yourself. I haven't seen this issue yet but will look

into it further.

Are you still on a D1 or now on a DX? Please clarify since your avatar/info says "D1."

Thank you
    Last edited by chkmate; 01-25-2011 at 07:41 PM.
    ---------> Follow me onTwitter@chkm4te20 <---------

<<<<<If you see the right move, take it!!!!>>>>>
    <<<<<
    DaRkSL!De v4.2//L!BeRty v1.5>>>>>
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    GNex
    I traded up to the DX. Everything was installed via bootstrap/clockwork with a wipe before installing. Phone was bone stock, but I upgraded to .340 with the .zip before installing the rom. I did a lot of mods to my D1, so not a total noob, but very far from an expert on these things.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I traded up to the DX. Everything was installed via bootstrap/clockwork with a wipe before installing. Phone was bone stock, but I upgraded to .340 with the .zip before installing the rom. I did a lot of mods to my D1, so not a total noob, but very far from an expert on these things.
    Ok, just checking. Did you mount system before wipe?

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

<<<<<
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    GNex
    No. Honestly, I didn't know I could, or that it was a good idea. Had the rom for about a week, no problems at all, just since I installed the keyboard and music player. Also noticed some minor glitches today, like while listening to a certain album on my bluetooth, I would pause the music, and when I pushed play, it started playing a random song instead of resuming the album. Didn't use the dialer today, all my calls were from the contacts list. Seems like if it was an issue with the rom, it would have appeared elsewhere by now.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    No. Honestly, I didn't know I could, or that it was a good idea. Had the rom for about a week, no problems at all, just since I installed the keyboard and music player. Also noticed some minor glitches today, like while listening to a certain album on my bluetooth, I would pause the music, and when I pushed play, it started playing a random song instead of resuming the album. Didn't use the dialer today, all my calls were from the contacts list. Seems like if it was an issue with the rom, it would have appeared elsewhere by now.
    Well I've been watching and answering questions to threads in DF here and over at MDW and haven't heard of these issues. I just know that the "mount system" was in the OP for installation. And those that installed without doing so have had more problem then the ones who did.

In all honesty, I hardly see any bugs in this ROM. I know I don't have any right now.

JMTownsend might know. But I would start with a fresh install.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

<<<<<
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @NatttyBee
    Phone
    Dev Razr HD, Dev Razr M
    Which themed keyboard?
    Ummm...Chkmate is correct...when installing, you want to follow dev instructions exactly...you may want to do a clean install and see if you still have the issue...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    GNex
    The themed IME by Gregtard. Not blaming it, but there's only been 2 things changed since I started having the problem.
    EDIT: Forgot, I've been playing with some of the fontpacks from XDA, and installed the black market as well.
    Last edited by 9wire; 01-25-2011 at 07:53 PM.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @NatttyBee
    Phone
    Dev Razr HD, Dev Razr M
    The themed IME by Gregtard. Not blaming it, but there's only been 2 things changed since I started having the problem.
    EDIT: Forgot, I've been playing with some of the fontpacks from XDA, and installed the black market as well.
    Gotcha. Just curious...i've been using that keyboard without issue, so I don&rsquo;t believe that's the issue...

try this (I have installed following this exact method with no issues):

make sure to get DS4.2 and the market update from the 4.2 OP...then:

Open Bootstrapper
    Bootstrap Recovery
    Reboot Recovery
    Backup and restore
    Backup (better safe than sorry!)
    Mounts and Storage
    Mount system
    Back to main recovery
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Install zip from sdcard
    Choose zip from sdcard
    Select darkslide 4.2
    Install
    Back to main recovery
    Install zip from sdcard
    Choose zip from sdcard
    Select Black Market
    Install
    Back to main recovery
    Install zip from sdcard
    Choose zip from sdcard
    Select DarkSlide-latinIME.zip
    Install
    Reboot
    Test out...

Ok- another thing...before you modify the rom/install updates...backup. every time. Might waste 5 minutes, but you'll be glad you did it if you get any issues (or if you just don&rsquo;t like the changes)

Keep me updated

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    GNex
    Fresh download, fresh mount,wipe and install. Did the wipe because I went without the blur this time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links