DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas Everyone! SSX 1.1 is Under the Tree ;)

1. umx
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    worst case just use Z4root to reroot the phone. Its allot easier to do then manually rooting the phone.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    So it is possible to install this over .315?

Quote Originally Posted by ssxfiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slipvayne9278 View Post
    I was able to restore ssx after doing the ota update. But instead of saying 3.40 it said 3.15. And it had no issues did not try to flash back just went back to stock updated rerooted then restored ssx and it worked. No matter i did a fresh install

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
    Glad it worked out for you. Sorry if I was off about the install of ssx1 over 2.3.340. Just knew that going back to .15 from .32 or up is not supposed to be possible. I assumed the install of a .15 rom over an updated version wouldn't work. Thanks for the correction. Always good to know the truth.

3. umx
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    NO you if read what he clearly said, you have to be on 2.3.320.

[QUOTE=ChevyNo1;1123051]

Secondly - there are no screenshots yet, nor an unthemed version. It is Xmas so I won't be on long. That stuff will follow. This is based off 2.3.340 (/system). Hence the larger download size. Testing thus far has indicated that you MUST upgrade to 2.3.320 at a minimum.

Hence the big bold red fawking print that says you must be on 2.3.320. chevy clearly said u must be on 2.3.320 idk why people insist on asking if u can do it over 2.3.15, 2.3.19, or w.e if your not on 2.3.320 or higher dont install it. Just sbf your phone and update it. Not a hard concept. People wonder why they bork their phone when they dont listen. If you dont know how to sbf there is guides on mydroidworld on how to do that. And use z4root root you can find it on XDA forums. One click root button. Works effing amazing.

I still cant figure out why my phone keeps restarting.
    Its like the mechanic saying your tie rod is bent dont drive on your car til its fixed and you go drive on it to see if you can.
    Last edited by umx; 12-26-2010 at 07:53 AM.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    No would have Been sufficient

Thanks though.

[quote=umx;1124412]NO you if read what he clearly said, you have to be on 2.3.320.

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post

Secondly - there are no screenshots yet, nor an unthemed version. It is Xmas so I won't be on long. That stuff will follow. This is based off 2.3.340 (/system). Hence the larger download size. Testing thus far has indicated that you MUST upgrade to 2.3.320 at a minimum.

Hence the big bold red fawking print that says you must be on 2.3.320. chevy clearly said u must be on 2.3.320 idk why people insist on asking if u can do it over 2.3.15, 2.3.19, or w.e if your not on 2.3.320 or higher dont install it. Just sbf your phone and update it. Not a hard concept. People wonder why they bork their phone when they dont listen. If you dont know how to sbf there is guides on mydroidworld on how to do that. And use z4root root you can find it on XDA forums. One click root button. Works effing amazing.

I still cant figure out why my phone keeps restarting.
    Its like the mechanic saying your tie rod is bent dont drive on your car til its fixed and you go drive on it to see if you can.

5. umx
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    If you would have read, you wouldn't have had to ask either
    Works both ways. Also u do not need to be on 2.3.340 nothing big in that update.

Just sbf with 2.3.320, im doing it right now, bc i have restart issues that i need to figure out what is causing it. could of been the overclock and not enough voltage idk
    Last edited by umx; 12-26-2010 at 08:20 AM.
  6. umx
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Anyway to get a themed keyboard chevy? Maybe in black/white/ or black and blue?
    bc if you install anyone else's it borks chevy tools.

So for anyone else thinking of adding a keyboard dont do it, if you want to be able to use Chevy tools.

Also camera doesnt seem to be working or camcorder cant see anything thru the lens. Just a black screen
    Last edited by umx; 12-26-2010 at 09:32 AM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by umx View Post
    If you would have read, you wouldn't have had to ask either
    Works both ways. Also u do not need to be on 2.3.340 nothing big in that update.

Just sbf with 2.3.320, im doing it right now, bc i have restart issues that i need to figure out what is causing it. could of been the overclock and not enough voltage idk
    It very well could be not enough voltage on a particular clock rate. I had the same issue when I first overclocked my x.. And thanks for the advice on z4. I'll give that a shot next. Haven't had the issue with the camera. I'll have to mess around with it & see if I can duplicate that.
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

So for anyone else thinking of adding a keyboard dont do it, if you want to be able to use Chevy tools.

Also camera doesnt seem to be working or camcorder cant see anything thru the lens. Just a black screen
    You should be able to add a keyboard .. but the update.zip you are using is changing build.prop .. remove that and it should work!
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  9. umx
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

You should be able to add a keyboard .. but the update.zip you are using is changing build.prop .. remove that and it should work!
    how would i go about that ? not to sure what to edit in there for that. and thx in advance. bc i was using darkslide's black unthemed_keyboard

ya SSXfiend i have no camera use right now wat so ever.
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

how would i go about that ? not to sure what to edit in there for that. and thx in advance. bc i was using darkslide's black unthemed_keyboard

ya SSXfiend i have no camera use right now wat so ever.
    Assuming it is an update.zip .. there should be an apk in there .. extract it, and push to /system/app .. that should do it ..
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links