DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 118 of 118

Thread: Merry Christmas Everyone! SSX 1.1 is Under the Tree ;)

  1. Junior Droid
    Mr DSM's Avatar
    Member #
    144193
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    25
    Phone
    Droid X
    stock rom...like i said i wiped everything on the phone the night before then tried to flash ssx the next morning and got the above...but when i told clockwork to flash it i did NOT check the 2 boxes to wipe everything as the first time i installed SS i didn't and everything worked fine
  2. Junior Droid
    Mr DSM's Avatar
    Member #
    144193
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    25
    Phone
    Droid X
    ok so i wiped my phone all over again and retried with clockwork and I'm booting SS now
  3. Droid
    JoJoLanny's Avatar
    Member #
    171203
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Spring Hill, TN
    Posts
    93
    Phone
    Droid X
    Hey guys.....

    This is my first time flashing SSX (v1.1). Could you tell me what the use of "SetCPU" is and "terminal emulator" as well. Are these used to fix known issue certain phones have with ForceCloses and stuff not working properly?

    I just flashed SSX and it's actually rebooting right now....wait.....holy sh$#.... Tha's a sweet boot animation!!!! LOL Maybe that Nandroid backup wasn't needed. anywayz..... If Sensei says this is a good ROM and backs it up, then I definitely gonna try.

    thank you for your time guys.
  4. Junior Droid
    babbtong's Avatar
    Member #
    152362
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    droid x
    Hi, I really want to try out this rom as I keep hearing great things about it, but i'm having problems after installation. Here are the steps I took:

    1) flashed to 2.3.340
    2) rooted, flashed Clockwork Recovery via Rom Manager, then Bootstrap Recovery and Restart in Recovery
    3) wiped cache and data
    4) installed via the sd card zip file or whatever that option is called

    I got no errors during installation, and after the install was completed the phone restarted. Now it's been stuck at the M logo for about 20 minutes. Does it normally take this long? Should I try a battery pull? I have it plugged into my wall charger if that makes a difference... Thanks for any help
  5. Master Droid
    cjriddle22's Avatar
    Member #
    101304
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    the Ville
    Posts
    475
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus / Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by babbtong View Post
    Hi, I really want to try out this rom as I keep hearing great things about it, but i'm having problems after installation. Here are the steps I took:

    1) flashed to 2.3.340
    2) rooted, flashed Clockwork Recovery via Rom Manager, then Bootstrap Recovery and Restart in Recovery
    3) wiped cache and data
    4) installed via the sd card zip file or whatever that option is called

    I got no errors during installation, and after the install was completed the phone restarted. Now it's been stuck at the M logo for about 20 minutes. Does it normally take this long? Should I try a battery pull? I have it plugged into my wall charger if that makes a difference... Thanks for any help
    So did it eventually boot up? All of your steps appear to be accurate. Being stuck at at the M logo does concern me though.. I remember the first time I loaded this rom up, I was stuck at the SS boot animation for like 10 minutes, but it eventually booted up.
  6. Master Droid
    cjriddle22's Avatar
    Member #
    101304
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    the Ville
    Posts
    475
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus / Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoLanny View Post
    Hey guys.....

    This is my first time flashing SSX (v1.1). Could you tell me what the use of "SetCPU" is and "terminal emulator" as well. Are these used to fix known issue certain phones have with ForceCloses and stuff not working properly?

    I just flashed SSX and it's actually rebooting right now....wait.....holy sh$#.... Tha's a sweet boot animation!!!! LOL Maybe that Nandroid backup wasn't needed. anywayz..... If Sensei says this is a good ROM and backs it up, then I definitely gonna try.

    thank you for your time guys.
    SetCPU is an app that lets you control the frequency of your cpu, overclocking and underclocking.. More info can be found here...

    SetCPU for Root Users

    Terminal emulator is an app that lets you use the command line of Linux in your android operating system. I believe this rom has scripts built into it, which will let you make certain changes without having to use the UI. More info here.

    Android Terminal Emulator ~ Android Application v1.0.26 By Jack Palevich | Tools
  7. Junior Droid
    babbtong's Avatar
    Member #
    152362
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    droid x

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by cjriddle22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babbtong View Post
    Hi, I really want to try out this rom as I keep hearing great things about it, but i'm having problems after installation. Here are the steps I took:

    1) flashed to 2.3.340
    2) rooted, flashed Clockwork Recovery via Rom Manager, then Bootstrap Recovery and Restart in Recovery
    3) wiped cache and data
    4) installed via the sd card zip file or whatever that option is called

    I got no errors during installation, and after the install was completed the phone restarted. Now it's been stuck at the M logo for about 20 minutes. Does it normally take this long? Should I try a battery pull? I have it plugged into my wall charger if that makes a difference... Thanks for any help
    So did it eventually boot up? All of your steps appear to be accurate. Being stuck at at the M logo does concern me though.. I remember the first time I loaded this rom up, I was stuck at the SS boot animation for like 10 minutes, but it eventually booted up.
    Nope, never booted. I tried battery pulls, left it on the M logo for about 20 hours, nothing. I kept trying to install it by going into the recovery screen, and eventually I couldn't get into that either. It gave me the triangle with the yellow exclamation point, and nothing in the recovery menu that comes up by pressing the search button worked either. I had to reflash the sbf. I've gone through this process about 3 times now, and my battery is drained so I need to borrow a friend's battery in order to sbf again. I guess I'll have to give up on using this rom :-(
  8. Master Droid
    cjriddle22's Avatar
    Member #
    101304
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    the Ville
    Posts
    475
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus / Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by babbtong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cjriddle22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babbtong View Post
    Hi, I really want to try out this rom as I keep hearing great things about it, but i'm having problems after installation. Here are the steps I took:

    1) flashed to 2.3.340
    2) rooted, flashed Clockwork Recovery via Rom Manager, then Bootstrap Recovery and Restart in Recovery
    3) wiped cache and data
    4) installed via the sd card zip file or whatever that option is called

    I got no errors during installation, and after the install was completed the phone restarted. Now it's been stuck at the M logo for about 20 minutes. Does it normally take this long? Should I try a battery pull? I have it plugged into my wall charger if that makes a difference... Thanks for any help
    So did it eventually boot up? All of your steps appear to be accurate. Being stuck at at the M logo does concern me though.. I remember the first time I loaded this rom up, I was stuck at the SS boot animation for like 10 minutes, but it eventually booted up.
    Nope, never booted. I tried battery pulls, left it on the M logo for about 20 hours, nothing. I kept trying to install it by going into the recovery screen, and eventually I couldn't get into that either. It gave me the triangle with the yellow exclamation point, and nothing in the recovery menu that comes up by pressing the search button worked either. I had to reflash the sbf. I've gone through this process about 3 times now, and my battery is drained so I need to borrow a friend's battery in order to sbf again. I guess I'll have to give up on using this rom :-(
    Man that sucks. The only other thing I would suggest would be to verify or re-download the SimplyStunningX-v1.1-update zip file. The one I have is 125 MB. Maybe you had a bad download..
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 174
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 12:34 PM
  2. Merry Christmas All
    By Shadez in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 02:50 AM
  3. Merry Christmas to me!!
    By weatherlover1 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 11:57 AM

Search tags for this page

chevyno1 ssx 1.1 download
,
droid simply stunning rom ssx
,
droid x ssx
,
droid x ssx rom
,
simoly stunning v1.1
,

simply stunning 1.1

,

simply stunning droid x

,
simply stunning v1.1
,

simply stunning x

,
simply stunning x rom
,

simply stunning x v1.1

,

simply stunning x v1.1 download

,
simplystunningx-v1.1
,

ssx 1.1

,
ssx 1.1 screenshots
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+