DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What ROMS Actually USE Blur? What are the perks of NOT having Blur?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

What ROMS Actually USE Blur? What are the perks of NOT having Blur?

Im curious to know..

I actually enjoy the BLUR on my droid x and have been using Rubix, however with this new Ultimate Droid...I might actually upgrade to going blurless.

What are the pluses and minuses from NOT havin blur?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droidX
    you lose some functionality with the phone that the blur features support. The phone was obviously designed for blur, so all of the features tie together to have the phone function correctly. These roms do a great job of working around this, but still end up with some issues that will only be fixed in time...like hdmi output. Currently no blur roms are not hdmi out compatible, which could be big for some people. Most other features are pretty much functional...little bugs here and there
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    cool. So me updating to Ultimate Droid, and taking away my blur...that's just taking away the actual launcher and what else?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droidX
    it will most likely take away a lot. Just like rubix focused, fission, and all other blurless roms. More than just the applications consist of blur, its the framework and other internal functions. That's why building these roms takes a lot of time and effort, and should be much appreciated. In due time, will we start seeing roms that are blurless but allow the phone to function to its entire capabilities. It's a trial and error process, and we've already come a long, long way.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    cool. I'm going to stick with this Rubix with Blur rom that I have. Was going to to to UD, but want my phone to function, you know?
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Blur is just Motorola's bloatware "overlay" on top of vanilla (bone stock) Android. Some functions and apps/additions to Android. Non-blur roms dont loose any functionality, but some is just replaced with stock android.

HDMI out is a blur (Motorola) app, hence the reason it will not work on blurless, same with the radio app. A few apps have been ported over already.

IMHO, blurless is the way to go....the phone runs MUCH better and you dont "loose" anything. But thats just my personal opinion.
    HTC THUNDERBOLT Rooted / Perfect Storm 1.2 ROM / Overclocked @ 1.80GHZ

Evolution : Droid 1 - Incredible - Droid X - Thunderbolt
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droidX
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Blur is just Motorola's bloatware "overlay" on top of vanilla (bone stock) Android. Some functions and apps/additions to Android. Non-blur roms dont loose any functionality, but some is just replaced with stock android.

HDMI out is a blur (Motorola) app, hence the reason it will not work on blurless, same with the radio app. A few apps have been ported over already.

IMHO, blurless is the way to go....the phone runs MUCH better and you dont "loose" anything. But thats just my personal opinion.
    your right... it is just personal opinion, but hdmi capabilities may have been a major reason why some people bought this phone, but at the same time, despise blur. bone stock vanilla doesn't support hdmi, but like i said, in time, blurless roms will be able to allow the droid x's hardware to function to their full capabilities, which include hdmi, and other functions. Some blur people like, but can't function at the expense of other blur...so it's being able to get the functions to work without the expense of other functions.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X Custom Setup
    You lose backup assisstant. Works better than googles backup imho. It backs up facebook contact phone number updates unlike googles service. Also some blurless social stuff doesn't work right, like fb contact and photo syncing.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    so outside of RUBIX..what other custom BLUR roms are there.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X Custom Setup
    simply stunning x is as blurry as you want it to be. I liked it because you could remove blur that you didn't want and keep what you do. selective destruction. it's like building your own ice cream flavor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links