DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: The Droid X has capabilities of being clocked to 2.5 ghz Reover clcad please

1. The GRD Dev Team
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    THEGRDDEVTEAM
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D Virgin Mobile
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

The Droid X has capabilities of being clocked to 2.5 ghz Reover clcad please

I emailed a buddy that has a lot of knowledge with computer hardware & Cell phone hardware

He said the droid X's 1Ghz Snapdragon processor has capabilities of being over clocked to 2.5 ghz

But that's if the android dev's can get past that thorn of a locked bootloader

but as a recent development that :

Yes, an overclocking method has been found for the Droid X, but no, the bootloader is not cracked. Using the same method as the Milestone hackers, an injectable kernel module has been built that will overclock the Droid Xís processor to about 1.15 GHz. Yes, we realize that a mere .15 GHz gain doesnít make that much difference ó weíre not concerned with the speed increase as much as we are with the simple fact that no matter how hard manufacturers and carriers try to keep us out, someone finds a way in. Rooting and altering the CPU frequency on one of the most locked down Android phones to date is proof positive of this.
    A quick read of the source link will tell you that this isnít quite ready for prime-time just yet, but give it a little time and even if a large speed increase doesnít come of it, the method looks like a good way to extend your battery life by dropping the voltage and clock cycles while the processor is asleep. [Droidforums] Thanks Chris, for the tip and the method!
    Posted originally at Android Central
    WoZzY

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by WoZzY View Post
    I emailed a buddy that has a lot of knowledge with computer hardware & Cell phone hardware

He said the droid X's 1Ghz Snapdragon processor has capabilities of being over clocked to 2.5 ghz
    Your second statement discredits your first statement lol
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Breakmyfootoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WoZzY View Post

Your second statement discredits your first statement lol
    +1 lol. Its no snapdragon
    If you can unbrick it then it never was bricked, if it never was bricked then you didn't unbrick s#!t
  5. Droid X Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    An M1 Abrams Tank can go 90 MPH (No BS - no turret on a test track) But that does not make it a good idea
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by DebianDog View Post
    An M1 Abrams Tank can go 90 MPH (No BS - no turret on a test track) But that does not make it a good idea
    It does if your in the buisness of dodging bullets and running stuff over.

Keep up with the 2.25 ghz talk, fictional or not, I like your story...
  7. Droid X Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by jaisin View Post

No that was my business. That is TOO fast to be in a chunk of steel with NO airbags or even seatbelts

Once CAV. Always CAV. Stay CAV. 1st CAV!!!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by jaisin View Post

No that was my business. That is TOO fast to be in a chunk of steel with NO airbags or even seatbelts

Once CAV. Always CAV. Stay CAV. 1st CAV!!!

LOL... Safety concerns in war, is that a oxymoron.. lol.. Im down with it tho as I was a Missile Tech aboard a FFG.
    Its just nice seeing theres hope for the X beyond stock and some mildly tweaked roms.. JIT would be awesome and I sure would like to see atleast 1.75ghz.
    Im saying its a awesome phone and sure would like to see its possibilities unlocked as the D1 was. I still have 2 running around the house and its still a awesome phone, once hacked & OC'd of course.. LOL>.=
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Wow... Moto said no to Snapdragon a long time ago. Unfortunately the TI OMAP 3630 in the Droid X will only be mildly overclockable. The fact that it is running at 1 Ghz from the factory and the previous generation OMAP 3430 in the Droid being OC'd to about 1.3 Ghz max pretty much shows the upper limits of this particular ARM core. The upcoming OMAP 44xx and just announced Eagle ARM-15 core chips will not only be multi-core but should clock in upwards of 2.5 - 3 Ghz. We won't be seeing any of that magic until late 2012 early 2013 though.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseider View Post
    Wow... Moto said no to Snapdragon a long time ago. Unfortunately the TI OMAP 3630 in the Droid X will only be mildly overclockable. The fact that it is running at 1 Ghz from the factory and the previous generation OMAP 3430 in the Droid being OC'd to about 1.3 Ghz max pretty much shows the upper limits of this particular ARM core.
    The snapdragons use the same cpu core as the current gen of omap chips, as well as samsung's hummingbird and apple's a4... Cortex-A8. They are all hitting a ceiling at around 1.2~1.3 Ghz. And it's good moto passed on it, the adreno gpus that qualcomm uses may, or may not, actually be faster, but their android drivers are dog balls.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by tobytl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseider View Post
    Wow... Moto said no to Snapdragon a long time ago. Unfortunately the TI OMAP 3630 in the Droid X will only be mildly overclockable. The fact that it is running at 1 Ghz from the factory and the previous generation OMAP 3430 in the Droid being OC'd to about 1.3 Ghz max pretty much shows the upper limits of this particular ARM core.
    The snapdragons use the same cpu core as the current gen of omap chips, as well as samsung's hummingbird and apple's a4... Cortex-A8. They are all hitting a ceiling at around 1.2~1.3 Ghz. And it's good moto passed on it, the adreno gpus that qualcomm uses may, or may not, actually be faster, but their android drivers are dog balls.
    The Adreno 200 in the current gen of Snapdragon is a fairly weak GPU when compared to the PowerVR SGX 530 in the OMAP 3430 nevermind the PowerVR SGX 535 and 540. Now what will be very interesting is how the Adreno 220 will stack up against the PowerVR SGX 5xx and/or the Mali GPU which are supposed to make their way into the next generation of multi-core SoC's. The Tegra 2 250 already has a Geforce GPU in it and from what I have seen is VERY impressive.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.

Links