DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Build.prop edits = great battery life + fast phone + full market

1. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I guess proximity VALUE is what I should have said..sorry!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by christim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bharkin View Post
    Dave,
    Can you send me a copy of your build.prop file. I overwrote mine with and forgot to make a backup of the stock one.
    Teaching a man how to fish, so he can eat for a lifetime

Build.prop edits = great battery life + fast phone + full market which is only back a couple of posts here.

Make your backup now, revert to stock, grab the prop file, root and flash your restore back onto your phone. 10 minutes, done deal.

It has been an hour since you posted and I responded. file. As I said in the previous post if you can't backup, go to stock, re-root, and restore but want to mess with your phone this would be a real good sequence to learn.

In fact, anyone rooting their phone should know how to get back to stock, reroot and get back to where they are right now.

I am a noob.

Rooted via the Droid 2 method about two weeks back after receiving the OTA 2.2 update.

Since then, I have had no ability to listen to music, take pictures or video, etc - basically anything that uses my media player.

I want to un-root and go back to stock - but I have no idea how. (See, told you I was a noob)

I want to download a recovery program, and tried to download ROM Manager, but it won't download on my phone for some reason. I have root explorer, and I know how to edit text files...

Overall, I am just confused. Someone, please, anyone --- help.

JBirm21@gmail.com if it it easier to communicate privately.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Does anyone have a fix for the problem where alot of programs arnt full screen with the density mod?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    hey lexusbrian I tried all your rewrites with success now i have a question for you can it be written or is there something in the code that allows for reminder alerts to missed calls, approx. every 45 to 60 secs. i found the couple of apps that are supposed to do it, but they only do it when you first miss the call then again only if you wake it up. the phone is in my pocket so I don't see the light and work in a off and on noisy enviroment. so i need consistant untill i check them. I'm new to this programming, but grew up with the older computer programing so not a complete noob. possible?

second topic is: overwritting the build.prop just tells system how to act and does not change downlads or any other secondarys correct?
    Last edited by dvsgod; 10-13-2010 at 06:06 PM.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droidX
    How high can 'max events per second' value be set in the build.prop file? I have noticed that in jrummy's overclock app it gives a few options for 45, 50, 55, 60, 65. It was recommended in here to be set to 60. Now rubiX has it set to 90.

I'm running just a 2.3.15 deodexed, self modded froyo, and i'm wondering how high is too high. I've gone up to 100, 115, and 120 and do notice slight changes in smoothness. ie. not as choppy when doing quick flicks.
    Is higher better?

Secondly, I'm not sure if this is considered a significant mod, or if many will care. But I changed the ro.min_pointer_dur. to 1 as opposed to 10. I think this has to do with flicking when scrolling of some sort. I have noticed after changing to 1 that my scrolling has become almost instantly responsive. Doesn't hurt to try!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    I would say play with different values for a bit of time each. I would think at some point it might get too glitchy depending on how the memory or other factors interact with it.
  7. scf
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Moto Droido Xo
    Not sure of it's importance, but I picked up on something interesting with this build.prop. It's for the leaked version of 2.2 (2.3.9), I'm on the 2.3.15 build. If you go to Settings, About Phone and look at your build it will now show 2.3.9. Wonder if this is causing any headaches. I've had some odd behavior as of late calls going thru, but no voice on either end, etc...

Does anybody have the 2.3.15 build.prop?

Did a little save/restore/save magiculation and I retrieved it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by scf; 11-23-2010 at 12:50 PM.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    RaptorOO7
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I have what is a noob question, but how exactly do you a) manually change the build.prop settings (terminal emulator, if so what are the starting commands?). The next question is I am running 2.2.320 from TeamBlackHat and want to use Beesly's Build.Prop I d/l the file to my sdcard, do I just reboot into recovery and install the .zip file?

Thanks,
    Raptor007
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Links